Author Topic: [IC] PBT - Pbeater - IC is Live!  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Raravin

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 March 2023, 15:49:08 by Raravin »

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
Re: [IC] PBT - Pbeater - IC is Live!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:42:06 »
hi you know gray on black exists right?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:42:41 »
can't see **** dawg

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:44:02 »
I cannot see the alpha legends on my phone at max brightness unless I zoom zoom in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Raravin

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:45:37 »
hi you know gray on black exists right?
There is another white on black set, honeywell set.... what is wrong with another grey on black set?

can't see **** dawg

Yes the point on this one is mostly the darker legends... sadly overall website images dont show it and images have to be selected will add this note.

I cannot see the alpha legends on my phone at max brightness unless I zoom zoom in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the point is more a black on black style to represent the character it is based off of more. Sorry about the issues on mobile. I tried some other backgrounds and didnt really work out.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:53:32 by Raravin »

Offline yoot

• none
[IC] PBT - Pbeater - IC is Live!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:50:39 »
Really like this, really interesting to draw attention to the sublegends by having low contrast main legends. Consider me interested!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:55:48 by yoot »

Offline bigdonnerz

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 19:16:02 »
ne contrast avail?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 19:19:52 »
ne contrast avail?

If anyone wants to see comparison to separate sets (if this is what your talking about) please let me know and ill work on it.

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 19:49:42 »
Hope you figure out everything with grey ghost, I really like the design of the set with the alternate color sublegends

Offline Raravin

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 19:57:39 »
Hope you figure out everything with grey ghost, I really like the design of the set with the alternate color sublegends

Ty already in the works for comeback. Just waiting on some new renders :)

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 20:15:46 »
Basic ISO support in international kit lmao

Offline Kotahh

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 20:28:58 »
the novelties are a little boring imo

GLWIC

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 20:34:47 »
"We have Grey on Black at home"
The Grey on Black at home:

Offline Raravin

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 21:04:34 »
the novelties are a little boring imo

GLWIC

Yeah, simple character isnt much for novelties I wanted to do.

Basic ISO support in international kit lmao

Sorry this was pulled from working with origami creator, as well as what I was limited to from past sets. If want me to add stuff please add to the IC I can rework.

"We have Grey on Black at home"
The Grey on Black at home:

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 02:39:52 »
Nice blanks

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 02:46:49 »
What manu is this gonna be using? Would probably be better to use a ABS Tripleshot manu, JTK or DMK. PBT imo would be too dull, and kill the contrast between blue and the black.

Offline AshF

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 09:04:53 »
This looks really nice IMHO. Really like the CW - will be keeping my eyes peeled.
GLWIC

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 09:14:41 »
I like the low contrast and the hiragana sub really pop nicely

I don't know the character the set is based on, however the novelties are really boring and repetitive for my taste
Maybe less duplicates in lightly different versions, but more variety

Offline sorathiel

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 10:15:29 »
nice blue contrast color, dark on dark feels a bit too close though if the colors are anything like the render

hard to see, but yet another international kit that needs fixing! [;:] -> [,;]. Someone fix that wrong template already, where does it come from!?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 12:19:38 »
I like the low contrast and the hiragana sub really pop nicely

I don't know the character the set is based on, however the novelties are really boring and repetitive for my taste
Maybe less duplicates in lightly different versions, but more variety

Kirito from SAO - He really doesnt have alot going for him, I was more for it for the color scheme.

What manu is this gonna be using? Would probably be better to use a ABS Tripleshot manu, JTK or DMK. PBT imo would be too dull, and kill the contrast between blue and the black.

Hoping EPBT Double shot works out, I am honestly not sold on JTK or DMK to be honest.

Nice blanks

;)

This looks really nice IMHO. Really like the CW - will be keeping my eyes peeled.
GLWIC

Thank you for the support!

nice blue contrast color, dark on dark feels a bit too close though if the colors are anything like the render

hard to see, but yet another international kit that needs fixing! [;:] -> [,;]. Someone fix that wrong template already, where does it come from!?

Yeah mean to be super dark for sure, will be getting color comparison and posting the actual color over time. Sorry about that will work on that fix

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 12:19:44 »
Putting feedback about low contrast aside:

For a PBT manufacturer to make this (especially the blue sublegends) they would have to reverse dyesub the neon blue AND dark grey on the black. That is extremely difficult iirc, not only with reverse dyesub at play, but also with the dark grey on the black. I wish OP the best of luck with finding a manufacturer confident enough that they can make this.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 12:21:14 »
Putting feedback about low contrast aside:

For a PBT manufacturer to make this (especially the blue sublegends) they would have to reverse dyesub the neon blue AND dark grey on the black. That is extremely difficult iirc, not only with reverse dyesub at play, but also with the dark grey on the black. I wish OP the best of luck with finding a manufacturer confident enough that they can make this.

This is why we are waiting for some doubleshot PBT, would not dream of doing this in a dye sub.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 12:24:39 »
ePBT doubleshot has EXTREMELY limited kitting and molding options, and would also not be able to do your tripleshot legends. I have also not heard anything about epbt pbt doubleshot and HIGHLY doubt that they will have this ready within 2022 given their MASSIVE backlog of sets currently in production.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 13:15:50 »
ePBT doubleshot has EXTREMELY limited kitting and molding options, and would also not be able to do your tripleshot legends. I have also not heard anything about epbt pbt doubleshot and HIGHLY doubt that they will have this ready within 2022 given their MASSIVE backlog of sets currently in production.

To my knowledge and communication with them (since epbt sniper) it is coming along nicely. I have been in communication with them regarding their doubleshot and this set overall and is something we might be able to try.

I am not fully committed to it and keeping things open across the board. Happy to get into more conversation style discussion over at my discord if you would like so we dont spam the forum.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 13:24:33 »
Loving the low-contrast, but really hoping the latin alphas can have its own base kit for the full low-contrast experience without having to get an additional kit

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 13:27:11 »
Set needs samples. Color me surprised if this actually looks good with dyesub. Don't really mind the low contrast as I assume that's intended, it's like saying blanks don't have legends..

Offline Raravin

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 13:40:58 »
Set needs samples. Color me surprised if this actually looks good with dyesub. Don't really mind the low contrast as I assume that's intended, it's like saying blanks don't have legends..

The set will not be dye sub :)

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 13:44:32 »

Pretty core information to put in your main post then. There is literally no information there other than kits. Manufacturer? Tripleshot PBT? Is there a manufacturer that is willing to do this? If you have not found one, how are you confident enough to post IC?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 14:04:43 »

Pretty core information to put in your main post then. There is literally no information there other than kits. Manufacturer? Tripleshot PBT? Is there a manufacturer that is willing to do this? If you have not found one, how are you confident enough to post IC?

I am overall pretty confident I found one just waiting on the samples to come the way for the doubleshot if not rework - this was honestly dropped into IC to have it overall ready to go make kitting adjustments and post the other information. This is pretty much what the entire IC is used for is the interest check and feedback about the set.

I will adjust the information about the doubleshot and not dye sub. A worse case happens this shifts over to a JTK manufacturing I have a couple of fall back plans for the set ready to be implemented.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 23:26:42 »
another set that can't decide on mono alphas ... would've been so much better with just hiragana alphas.

any chance on a kit for that?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 23:41:18 »
another set that can't decide on mono alphas ... would've been so much better with just hiragana alphas.

any chance on a kit for that?

Fill it out on the IC if get enough requests I can see what I can do... can even do blanks with just the blue sub legend

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 01:42:50 »
damn this is so stealthy looking, love it! Can't wait for GB

Offline Ghostinn

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 10:20:51 »
I don't care what any of these comments say, this kit is absolutely amazing and I want it so bad. GLWIC!!!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 11:53:42 »
For full disclosure, here is the information I learned from my discussion with the designer of this set on their discord:

Ravarin's Plan A: Run this set with ePBT PBT Doubleshot around late Q2-early Q4, ePBT will send all designers of PBT Doubleshot sets samples before GBs.
Ravarin's Plan B: Run this set with JTK ABS Tripleshot.

I raised concerns regarding the sublegends requiring PBT tripleshot or reverse dyesub along with PBT doubleshot, along with progress of PBT molds. (ePBT ABS molds are currently extremely limited with kitting options and would not be able to create many of the kits on this IC). In regards to the mold progress, Ravarin said "we have seen photos of molds and progress I just cannot fully comment on what their actual ETA is." Apparently 40s molds are also in the works. Ravarin said there are no plans for PBT Tripleshot, and that "part of the [manu profess] is disclosed, part of it not fully yet" but Ravarin cannot speak publicly at this time in regards to the part of the manu process that has been disclosed to them.

My personal take: Let's wait and see. With a currently unknown manufacturing process and unknown GB date it's impossible to judge the set's potential manufacturing pitfalls without speculating. Just judge the design aesthetic itself and let's see how it goes.

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 12:19:51 »
Color scheme is very subjective, however kitting wise, not a fan of the novelties, imo it's not great for value proposition by having pretty much same duplicate icons

GLWIC regardless

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 13:13:44 »
Really like this, really interesting to draw attention to the sublegends by having low contrast main legends. Consider me interested!

Hi Mr yoot Hi

It is a reverse dyesub, and that will not work out
Also, I can see that the IC is live. I'm looking at it right now.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline atyxiao

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 13:54:34 »
I really dig the low contrast, but would be nice to see comparison renders to GMK dark, GMK GoB, etc. Hoping for a base kit featuring alphas without hiragana. GLWIC

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 15:05:08 »

Hi Mr yoot Hi

:eek: I do hope that this turns into a gmk set instead of going with a pbt manu but the colors are nice

Offline Raravin

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 15:06:36 »

Thank you for the support!

Hi Mr yoot Hi

Where in the IC does it say it will be dye sub?

I don't care what any of these comments say, this kit is absolutely amazing and I want it so bad. GLWIC!!!

Thank you!

I really dig the low contrast, but would be nice to see comparison renders to GMK dark, GMK GoB, etc. Hoping for a base kit featuring alphas without hiragana. GLWIC

Will get some work on it for sure!There is by the way a sort of base kit just a pure latain alpha kit.

Color scheme is very subjective, however kitting wise, not a fan of the novelties, imo it's not great for value proposition by having pretty much same duplicate icons

GLWIC regardless

Yeah sadly not to much novelties was more a splash wasnt to many designs I loved for the set. If I have any more ideas ill add them!

For full disclosure, here is the information I learned from my discussion with the designer of this set on their discord:

Ravarin's Plan A: Run this set with ePBT PBT Doubleshot around late Q2-early Q4, ePBT will send all designers of PBT Doubleshot sets samples before GBs.
Ravarin's Plan B: Run this set with JTK ABS Tripleshot.

I raised concerns regarding the sublegends requiring PBT tripleshot or reverse dyesub along with PBT doubleshot, along with progress of PBT molds. (ePBT ABS molds are currently extremely limited with kitting options and would not be able to create many of the kits on this IC). In regards to the mold progress, Ravarin said "we have seen photos of molds and progress I just cannot fully comment on what their actual ETA is." Apparently 40s molds are also in the works. Ravarin said there are no plans for PBT Tripleshot, and that "part of the [manu profess] is disclosed, part of it not fully yet" but Ravarin cannot speak publicly at this time in regards to the part of the manu process that has been disclosed to them.

My personal take: Let's wait and see. With a currently unknown manufacturing process and unknown GB date it's impossible to judge the set's potential manufacturing pitfalls without speculating. Just judge the design aesthetic itself and let's see how it goes.

Thank you for the summary!

damn this is so stealthy looking, love it! Can't wait for GB

Thanks for the support!

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 09:44:20 »
Never really liked low-contrast set, but this one is pretty nice. Will keep an eye out. GLWIC  :thumb:

Offline Evasive

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 10:46:48 »
I think the low contrast fits with the theme and makes the sublegends really pop. Curious to see how epbt doubleshot samples would look like, I wouldn't mind if this went to GMK or JTK either. Novelties are okay but maybe could be a bit more creative? like having a aincrad, nervegear or elucidator novelty. Idk just some ideas. GWIC!
P.S. asuna is waifu

Offline Raravin

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 09:50:14 »
Never really liked low-contrast set, but this one is pretty nice. Will keep an eye out. GLWIC  :thumb:

Thank you!

I think the low contrast fits with the theme and makes the sublegends really pop. Curious to see how epbt doubleshot samples would look like, I wouldn't mind if this went to GMK or JTK either. Novelties are okay but maybe could be a bit more creative? like having a aincrad, nervegear or elucidator novelty. Idk just some ideas. GWIC!
P.S. asuna is waifu

So reason nervegear and aincrad not included because risk DMCA they are such iconic pieces, sadly with Kirito there isn't much he is honestly bland... also Asuna **** waifu,, Sinon is love

Offline niakulah

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 18:13:38 »
also Asuna **** waifu

You did not just say that! :mad:

But seriously, I love SAO and Kirito but this so far looks meh. A joint Kirito/Asuna set with a pop of red would perhaps be better.

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:24:41 »
if this became abs that would be hella sick.
the base kit idea is pretty cool. I like the blanks look.
i just do not enjoy pbt.
GLWIC
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:26:52 »
In terms of the base kit, I am struggling to see how it will be doubleshot when the sublegends and the main legends are two different colors which would need 2 different shots of pbt. Now if you are going to tell me that whatever manu you go with can do tripleshot pbt then by all means be my guest, if not then i will assume some other method will be used. glwic like the color choice despite not being able to read main legends

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 23:46:43 »
what's doubleshot about this set? the hiragana subs? or the grey legends?

Offline Raravin

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 09:04:36 »
if this became abs that would be hella sick.
the base kit idea is pretty cool. I like the blanks look.
i just do not enjoy pbt.
GLWIC

Thank you very much

In terms of the base kit, I am struggling to see how it will be doubleshot when the sublegends and the main legends are two different colors which would need 2 different shots of pbt. Now if you are going to tell me that whatever manu you go with can do tripleshot pbt then by all means be my guest, if not then i will assume some other method will be used. glwic like the color choice despite not being able to read main legends

Thank you very much! As I get more details from the process and what I can push more I will disclose more information, this was all from early talks and wanted to get the idea out there.

also Asuna **** waifu

You did not just say that! :mad:

But seriously, I love SAO and Kirito but this so far looks meh. A joint Kirito/Asuna set with a pop of red would perhaps be better.

TBH I have a separate plan for Asuna and overall going to go all out when all my SAO sets are done.

what's doubleshot about this set? the hiragana subs? or the grey legends?

I cannot fully speak to it just yet just with the information I had early on. It is a place holder where a worse case fall back this becomes an ABS set.

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 15:51:08 »
nice, i enjoy low contrast sets

can you show a render of alt alphas with the alt mods o:

i hope whatever manufacturer you choose has 40s moulds available :pray:

Offline Raravin

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 08:39:07 »
nice, i enjoy low contrast sets

can you show a render of alt alphas with the alt mods o:

i hope whatever manufacturer you choose has 40s moulds available :pray:

Will be working on getting new renders :) Thank you for the support!

Offline DarkNubentYT

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 00:03:09 »
I really love this set and Kirito. Hope it makes it through IC