Author Topic: [IC] Poker 2 and/or Pure?  (Read 1994 times)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
[IC] Poker 2 and/or Pure?
« on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:41:41 »
Hello,

I don't come here often, and I am not the person to actually host a group buy...so this is more of a request. I want to buy either a Poker 2 or a Pure (Poker 2 preferably)....but the one I end up with heavily depends on the price that I can get it at. So I was hoping to get some wisdom from someone who knows how these things work.

1. This IS an interest check thread, I just won't be hosting the group buy (is there anyone here knowledgeable/willing to do it?)
2. What kind of prices can be had on these two keyboards?
3. If switch type matters, I am looking for MX Reds.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Thanks!
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: [IC] Poker 2 and/or Pure?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:43:17 »
Why would we need a GB on boards that we can already get for a decent price at vendors? The Poker 2 is on sale at MechanicalKeyboards.com and TechKeys.us. The Pure can also be bought at MechanicalKeyboards.com.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:46:41 »
Well for one they always seem to be out of stock...and two, I was hoping for a better price than $110-115 (per mechanicalkeyboards.com and ebay).
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:58:52 »
There was a Poker 2 GB before those 2 vendors carried the keyboards. Qtan had an Interest Check and a Group Buy. Looks like Qtan only got the price down to $94. But I'm not sure if that truly GB pricing or if Qtan was still making some money off it.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:08:17 »
$94 shipped wouldn't be a bad price...I've seen them for $94 + $18 shipping on ebay...

However I just noticed the Pure Pro can be had for $95 but it comes in a not-so-attractive off white color. Massdrop did one for the Pure Pro with black/gray for $90-something... I wonder if that price could be had again and if people would be interested in it.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:13:20 »
Qtan's buy was $94+$16 shipping to the states. I doubt that the Massdrop pricing was with shipping as well.

I'm not a fan of the Pure Pro's layout. The bottom row is a nightmare IMO. All those 1x caps would drive me insane. And it would be almost impossible to get replacement keycaps and replacing caps is extremely popular on GH.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:20:17 »
You make a good point. Thanks for responding. I guess if there isn't much hope of a price better than ~$115 after shipping I'll just wait and see what is in stock online. Thanks again!
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP