geekhack Community > Keyboards

How do others feel about the Logitech MX Mechanical?

(1/1)

jcoffin1981:
I am considering getting this board for work.  I love that it is flat and this is why I am seriously looking at this.  However, do enthusiasts who have used this board before enjoy typing on it?  Logitech is using their own tactile switches and I don't really
know if they are desirable.  Also has low profile ABS keycaps which I am not sure about either.  Does any one have any feedback on this board?

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
It's got a clean look, but typing wise its very not great alike most of Logitech's other mechs and such. Very mid, even "bad" switches, the built quality isn't so great.

The only logitech board I could ever see myself buying is the MX Keys which has some great scissor switches, is a contender against Apple's old skissors, and has their logi dongle thing for fast connection.

Tribal:
I’ve tried it in the store and it’s very “meh.”  It feels like someone took an Cherry MX Brown and doubled the blandness.

I love my Logitech K800 with their PerfectStroke scissor switches.  It’s full-sized (a negative for me), backlit, and very flat.  The battery lasts for ages.  If it were a TKL I would never have gotten into mechanical keyboards.  The MX Keys is a pale shadow of the K800.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version