Author Topic: [IC] TB8-TKL (80%/TKL)  (Read 13538 times)

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
[IC] TB8-TKL (80%/TKL)
« on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 18:34:40 »

IC Form

TB8-TKL
by Tech Bear Studios
Post edited by Click Clack

Index

- Intro
- Design
- TBS Brilliance Technique
- Build Components
- Colorways
- Pricing and Vendors
- Specifications

Intro

The TB8 keyboard is the child of labor resulting from the journey that Tech Bear Studio took to bring to the community a special project that ensures the qualities and attributes of a premium keyboard while keeping lower prices.

Design

The TB8-TKL as the name suggests is a traditional TKL size keyboard fully equipped with function-row keys as well as the function area and arrow keys to the right. Owning to the 80% layout look, the TB8-TKL boasts a customizable embedded decorative strip that also functions as a Wireless Mode Indicator light.

The TB8-TKL aims to serve a practical and user-friendly productivity tool in your work and entertainment life with an ergonomic tilt for an enhanced typing experience.

Tech Bear Studio Brilliance Technique

With the rise of increasing innovation, the mechanical keyboard community, it is important to find ways to introduce new craftsmanship to enrich your choices without becoming repetitive.

This is why we at Tech Bear Studio are excited to finally bring to you an extremely intricate back treatment process that we have incorporated for the counterweight. The brilliance technique gets its name by examining copper, as a material, under different temperatures resulting in a range of unique designs.

Note: The weight base and decorative strip of the brilliance technique are both made of brass as the base material.

Build Components

Case
Case options:
└ WK
└ WKL

PCB

The community has always been vocal regarding their desire for non-flex cut PCB options, and we can gladly say that you are heard! We offer options for both non-flex as well as flex-cut PCBs.

PCB options:
-   Soldered Wired non-flex cut PCB
-   Hotswap PCB
-   Hotswap non-flex cut PCB
-   Hotswap Wireless PCB
-   Hotswap Wireless non-flex cut PCB

The TB8-TKL offers VIA support for the Wireless PCB option with low latency in Wireless mode. It should be noted that some switches may experience chattering due to prolonged debounce time, this can be resolved using the FN+H key combination.

Hotswap supported layout:

Soldered supported layout:

Plates

Additionally, we offer various options for the plates as well as flex-cut counterparts, including:
-   PC Plate
-   FR4 Plate
-   Aluminum Plate
-   Non-flex cut Aluminum Plate

Mounting Styles

Tech Bear8-TKL offers 3 different PCB mounting styles catered towards your different needs.

1.   Gasket Beans: Offering a softer and more lightweight touch.

2.   Gaskets: Providing a more solid and full-bodied touch.

3.   Top mount: Delivering a unique sound profile and more consistent feel.

Furthermore, Tech Bear Studio has worked effortlessly to bring to the market a re-engineered and improved ball-bearing mechanism suited specifically for keyboards by implementing the EZ-assemble system for the TB8-TKL.

Colorways

TB8-TKL’s case offers a choice of different Anodized/Electrophoresis colors, which can be mixed and matched freely with the weight and badge options. For Anodized colors, high-mesh ceramic sand is used to enhance the smooth and delicate tactile feel. The use of a high-mesh ceramic allows for an improved smoothness and delicacy while preserving the metal’s texture resulting in a more comfortable and evenly radiant appearance.

Coating – Meteorite Ash

Coating – Milky White

Coating – Purple

Anodized – Red

Anodized – Lavender

Anodized – Ice Blue

Anodized – Silver

Anodized – Black

Electrophoresis – Pink

Electrophoresis – White

Electrophoresis – Safari

Electrophoresis – Green

Electrophoresis - Yellow

The eight (Brilliance/PVD) weight color options can be matched freely with the case and they can share the same color scheme as the decorative strip.

New Weight Designs

Pricing and Vendors

Specification

Dimensions: 354mm x 142mm
PCB Mounting: Gasket Mount; Top mount
Typing Angle: 7 °
Weight ≈ 2.4kg
Front Height = 20mm (excluding bump-ons)

Join ClickClack’s Discord for latest update, discussion, questions:

Fill in Interest Check Form:

Follow ClickClack's IG for other new projects:

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 February 2024, 09:08:48 by ClickClack.io »

Offline zlobin356

• Hi! My name is zlobin, im a big korean keebs fan!
Re: [IC] TB8-TKL (80%/TKL)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 11:03:18 »
i like this project, and this accent on arrows.
Akko ACR59/Tecsee Sapphire(L)/Shenpo
Cherry G80-3000LSCGB-2/MX Blue/Cherry POM

Offline bekean

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 22:06:41 »
I like your idea. Thanks!

Offline FuruTakka

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 00:09:30 »
I love the overall design and creativity of the materials used. My favorite design element it the accent above the arrow keys, the asymmetrical design is very eye-catching. Would love to see this design come to fruition!

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 22:33:22 »
Thanks for your like. We add a new kind of weight option in the IC.

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 21:41:31 »
Is the Group Buy slated for Q2 or late Q1?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 16:38:29 »
Nice board my compliments.. To bad it's not for me as i'm addicted to split right shift on both solder and hotswap.. Kind of mad like that  :p
btw perhaps nice to note in the specs perhaps i missed that ? What's the thickness of the pcb ? Do nice and thick 1.6mm sounds better and to my old set ways it feels like better quality just overall better.
Good luck with this awesome project saw it on BlackSimon for sum odd reason i like his blunt straight to the point way of doing things unlike others that make vids where everything is positive all the time...

Don't forget to also do EU vendors ... ;D Lot's of fellow EU keyboard addicts that don't want to be left out..

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 16:55:40 »
The Group Buy Page on Clickclack states both 1.2 & 1.6mm PCB options are available

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Qube

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 23:55:00 »
Is the wathet colorway for the weight no longer available?