Author Topic: Hello from Colorado!  (Read 2001 times)

Offline CaptRiskyBiscuits

Hello from Colorado!
« on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:04:27 »
Hi!

My names Ben! I live in CO and have recently started to get into mechanical keyboards. I was into racing drones for a while but haven't flown in 8 months so I started selling everything off and needed a new hobby to fill the void left in my life. Now I'm here. I currently have a Logitech G810 but that will change soon. I'm teaching myself programming and I told myself when I have finally built something useful myself I will be rewarded with some kind of custom keyboard. We'll see if that works though as I can get impatient haha. Either way I'm hoping to make a new home here!

Have a great day

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: Hello from Colorado!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:25:05 »
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.   :D

Drone racing is pretty interesting actually. Still as you find your ground in Keyboards, I'm sure you'll find your ground with us, we're a relaxed lot.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:40:56 »
Thank you!

It was fun overall and hobbies considered it's pretty affordable. There are new Regulations the FAA is trying to push which would ruin it and since I haven't flown in forever I figured now would be a good time to sell.

That's fantastic news. I feel the same ha

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 17:03:29 »
Welcome, Ben. I hadn't even heard of drone racing until a week or so ago. I must live under a rock. You do make it sound like now is the time to get out of it.

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 17:36:39 »
Welcome, Ben. I hadn't even heard of drone racing until a week or so ago. I must live under a rock. You do make it sound like now is the time to get out of it.

To be honest, it is a lot of fun and you can still do it with a lighter/smaller drone then the standard 5in.  If you have any questions or were interested you can shoot me a message with any questions you have! I have my FAA drone license too so any questions about the course or legalities I can probably answer.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:05:15 »
I appreciate the gesture, but I think the only reason I would ever get a drone is to get cool pictures/video, and I'm not exactly a photographer either. I can see the appeal though.

Sort of reminds me of those air races, with planes, except you're not cremated in mid air if you make a mistake.

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:10:33 »
Haha totally understand. I only got started because I made the mistake of trading a motorcycle for a massive hexacopter and then dove in head first. It was fun for a little but I made no money really and luckily sold that before it was worth next to nothing. I did get some awesome images from it but on to other things!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 21:15:25 »
Ha, you had fun. That's what matters. That usually involves dumping a lot of money instead of making anything. Just breaking even is a win if you ask me.