Author Topic: hungerwork.studio  (Read 90218 times)

Offline pwade3

Re: hungerwork.studio
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 10:59:56 »
Registered and entered with no problems!

Obviously things look sparse right now, but as you add more updates and such, I think it'll be a nice little site.

Any insight as to what kind of traffic it's prepared to handle? Although as long as you stick with raffles and don't go to FCFS it's kind of a moot point I suppose.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:01:55 »
Good start to the site, Binge. Here's what I came up with:

-Logo looks a bit pixelated. Perhaps utilize a .SVG logo to eliminate the degradation.
-A few inconsistencies in your anchor tag treatment. Some links are underlined where some aren't. Additionally, you should likely utilize your secondary color as the link color. As the site is a bit monochromatic, it's hard to discern the links from different shades of black/grey.
-I'd probably lose the payment method images in the global footer and only apply them to e-commerce specific pages and/or payment page. I'm under the impression that this is to be treated as a Informative/Creative Site first whereas the E-Commerce acts as secondary functionality.
-Responsive and works well in mobile. At larger resolutions, it would be nice to see some sort of grid structure though.

With the comments taken into account, once more content is added I'm sure it will flush out the sparseness. Looks great nonetheless  :thumb:

-At the moment I am unable to use SVG graphics on the site.  I'm currently trying to remedy that.
-Understood about the link highlights, but I am unable to change that at the moment.  Currently researching.
-This is not meant to be a place to highlight my art, but it could become that with some work.  Currently researching.
-Any examples you could provide of a grid structure?

A grid structure let's you make use of extra width at higher resolutions, instead of having everything in one vertical coloumn. See https://getbootstrap.com/examples/grid/ (resize your desktop browser to see how the grids change).

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:13:42 »

-Logo looks a bit pixelated. Perhaps utilize a .SVG logo to eliminate the degradation.
-A few inconsistencies in your anchor tag treatment. Some links are underlined where some aren't. Additionally, you should likely utilize your secondary color as the link color. As the site is a bit monochromatic, it's hard to discern the links from different shades of black/grey.
-I'd probably lose the payment method images in the global footer and only apply them to e-commerce specific pages and/or payment page. I'm under the impression that this is to be treated as a Informative/Creative Site first whereas the E-Commerce acts as secondary functionality.
-Responsive and works well in mobile. At larger resolutions, it would be nice to see some sort of grid structure though.

With the comments taken into account, once more content is added I'm sure it will flush out the sparseness. Looks great nonetheless  :thumb:

-At the moment I am unable to use SVG graphics on the site.  I'm currently trying to remedy that.
-Understood about the link highlights, but I am unable to change that at the moment.  Currently researching.
-This is not meant to be a place to highlight my art, but it could become that with some work.  Currently researching.

A grid structure let's you make use of extra width at higher resolutions, instead of having everything in one vertical coloumn. See https://getbootstrap.com/examples/grid/ (resize your desktop browser to see how the grids change).

@_@ -So much to learn...
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:23:04 »

@_@ -So much to learn...

Yeah, it can appear to be a daunting task but it really isn't that difficult once you get the ball rolling. As you will likely follow one or two different grid structures throughout the site, you can duplicate the structure on specific pages.

E.g. Homepage and contact page will use structure 1 whereas every other page gets structure 2. From what I gather, the Catalog/Collections page will likely utilize a different grid structure than that of the rest of the site as it's a product display page.

Additionally, you could implement the newsletter signup as a component rather than a dedicated page. From my experience, newsletter signup pages tend to look rather sparse as the content is lacking. If you were to implement it as a component/element on the page, it would negate the extra "click" to submit the page refresh and form submit.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 12:34:10 »
Are orders able to be edited? Doesn't look like it, but would be a nice option if it is possible.

Site looks good, hope the raffle functionality helps make your lives easier :)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 20:31:54 »
Checked it out and it looks really great!!

Also tested the entry and all seems smooth and well done!! (its not a real raffle..is it? :D)

In my personal opinion though, the orange lines seperating header and footer could be a tad bit thicker, but that's just my opinion.
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 22:22:11 »
Are orders able to be edited? Doesn't look like it, but would be a nice option if it is possible.

My understanding is that if you make another submission it will only overwrite your previous one.

Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 00:18:38 »

My understanding is that if you make another submission it will only overwrite your previous one.
Yes! Exactly.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline 180159

• Just a guy who likes collecting artisan keycaps
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 09:59:16 »
Registered and tested the raffle system, looks awesome so far! Noticed there were no pictures of your caps though, so new community members might like to see them, I don't know. Probably going to buying a shirt soon as well ;)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 22:40:22 »
On the "My Account" page you need a way to change your email address and password. Other than that everything looks fantastic.

Definitely excited for a HWS newsletter =D

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 01:36:58 »
On the "My Account" page you need a way to change your email address and password. Other than that everything looks fantastic.

Your email address is your account.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:05:43 »

Oh. So if I wanted to change so that all emails go to my Gmail about instead of my Hotmail account, I'd have go make a new HWS account?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:34:47 »

Oh. So if I wanted to change so that all emails go to my Gmail about instead of my Hotmail account, I'd have go make a new HWS account?

Yes.  This is to make sure we contact you with important information, and to prevent raffle cheating etc.

:EDIT: please contact me if you'd like me to disable an account you are abandoning.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:37:19 by Binge »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:37:17 »

Yes.  This is to make sure we contact you with important information, and to prevent raffle cheating etc.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 18:03:48 »
The site and the test raffle work smooth on my android tablet (chrome browser).  :thumb:

I'd love a "suprise me" option for the colorways!

Offline bricriu

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:57:39 »
Tested it out, everything looks good! Excited for future sales on here.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:06:36 »
Site looks dope. About to buy a Slo-Fi shirt  :thumb:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 17:22:19 »
Registered and entered the 'raffle'. I did it on mobile and it was difficult to figure out how to enter the raffle (finding the link )

Offline Loft

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:59:48 »
Oh man i'm kicking myself for missing this test raffle T_T

Love the site though, good work!

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:30:14 »

Is it already over? Sorry you missed it man!

Offline 180159

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:43:03 »

Is it already over? Sorry you missed it man!
That sucks dude

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 21:28:23 »
Colorway choice could be improved upon. Was browsing mobile and it looks like just gotta count swipes>scroll your colorway. Easiest would prompt be having the name on stock image.

IMO at the moment discouraging sales/potential refunds.

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 23:42:21 »
Really liking the webstore binge. Saw you had some cool shirts and went for the hungrkey one. Threw in a otter print because I've wanted one since I first saw it and figured why not get a nice new piece of wall art for my new apartment. Checkout was smooth and easy.

I'd love to see more HWS stuff in the store!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 07:03:28 »
Colorway choice could be improved upon. Was browsing mobile and it looks like just gotta count swipes>scroll your colorway. Easiest would prompt be having the name on stock image.

I honestly don't understand what you're saying.  What colorway?  The site is black and white--

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 07:27:34 »

I honestly don't understand what you're saying.  What colorway?  The site is black and white--

Your color choices for your caps.

when trying to select a cap, you just have the names for the colorways of your caps.

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 07:35:57 »

when trying to select a cap, you just have the names for the colorways of your caps.

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

I'm excited that you got he was referring to keycaps with that.  We have multiple items with colorways so I was stuck.  :D  luckily for me this test doesn't need people to see the keycap types or understand the colors they are choosing.

Offline tuba section

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:47:11 »
Got my shirt today! I have this sticker on so many things I couldn't pass up on the matching shirt. The quality of the print itself seems very high, and I ordered it on the evening of the 9th so the turnaround was really quick. If you're trying to be comfortable AND stylish, take my recommendation.

Rating: 7/7 tubas

157449-0

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:51:54 »
Got my shirt today! I have this sticker on so many things I couldn't pass up on the matching shirt. The quality of the print itself seems very high, and I ordered it on the evening of the 9th so the turnaround was really quick. If you're trying to be comfortable AND stylish, take my recommendation.

(Attachment Link)

That shirt looks GREAT... especially on yellow.

I live in AA shirts. Gotta scrape together some cash for that Hyper Mews.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:52:08 »

(Attachment Link)

This makes me super excited to get mine in.

Offline tuba section

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:58:59 »

That shirt looks GREAT... especially on yellow.

I live in AA shirts. Gotta scrape together some cash for that Hyper Mews.

Thanks man, was definitely tough to pick a color but I am happy I chose the one I did.

Offline RELLIK

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:28:04 »

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

I'm excited that you got he was referring to keycaps with that.  We have multiple items with colorways so I was stuck.  :D  luckily for me this test doesn't need people to see the keycap types or understand the colors they are choosing.
Naw meant the raglans/hoodies (items which are for sale). But same thing really.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:29:24 »

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

Naw meant the raglans/hoodies (items which are for sale). But same thing really.

there's pictures for each of the colors of apparel on the site.  What kind of issue are you encountering?

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:30:36 »
Any idea if you'd be putting stickers in the store? I'd definitely be down to purchase an otter sticker.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 19:37:17 »
Any idea if you'd be putting stickers in the store? I'd definitely be down to purchase an otter sticker.

there are no otter stickers?

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 19:56:37 »

I saw you have the 4x6 prints on vellum but no stickers. I'd love to see some stickers to throw on my laptop or water bottle.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 19:59:01 »

I saw you have the 4x6 prints on vellum but no stickers. I'd love to see some stickers to throw on my laptop or water bottle.

I'm sorry I must rephrase.  I do not have an otter sticker.  Yet.

Offline brennan08512

hungerwork.studio
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 20:00:39 »

Oh, ok! Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying :P

Edit: also I didn't mean specifically otters. Your artwork is awesome in general!
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 20:27:30 by brennan08512 »

Offline RELLIK

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:35:48 »

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

there's pictures for each of the colors of apparel on the site.  What kind of issue are you encountering?
>.< Never mind (didnt realise Mauve was very close to white, aint see preview change) All good  :thumb:

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:35:48 »

Can't wait to see it!

Offline 180159

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 15:42:43 »

Can't wait to see it!
Same I'd buy $250 of otter stickers if you know what I'm saying

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:01:29 »
Decided to pop on the site to look at shirts and noticed that my ticket for the raffle disappeared. Checked the link in my email and it says the ticket was cancelled. Is this what happens to non-winners or could have fiddling with my shipping address deleted the ticket?

edit: fixed grammar because I care
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:19:23 by yinzer »

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:17:44 »
Decided to pop on the site to look at shirts and noticed that my ticket for the raffle disappeared. Checked the link in my email and it says the ticket was cancelled. Is this what happens to non-winners or could when I was fiddling with my shipping address, could it have deleted the ticket?
Hmmm mine's still there. Says it's unfulfilled.

Offline swangful

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:19:16 »
Decided to pop on the site to look at shirts and noticed that my ticket for the raffle disappeared. Checked the link in my email and it says the ticket was cancelled. Is this what happens to non-winners or could when I was fiddling with my shipping address, could it have deleted the ticket?

Yup, mine is also there with unfulfilled :)
I was informed to "hang tight, news coming soon" :DDD

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:23:06 »

Yup, mine is also there with unfulfilled :)

That's fortunate for you two. Mine however, is very deleted.  ;) 

The only thing I can think of is that I altered my shipping address after entry and that might have invalidated the ticket. If that is the case, that warning might be useful on future sales pages.

Offline 180159

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:00:12 »
Mine is still confirmed as well

Offline Pdub

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 18:55:05 »
I logged on and see mine is unfulfilled and paid. I guess I won? Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 19:41:54 »

mine is too tho
I love Elzy

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:00:48 »

Pretty sure that doesn't mean you won. I'm sure that when winners are announced, invoice will be sent at the same time.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:02:41 »

You successfully purchased a raffle ticket for free.

Got anything else to say?

Offline Pdub

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:03:11 »

No examples or pictures.

Atleast how I read it.

I think he is trying to say he doesn't like how you select your options for a product on mobile. When you are on the cap screen you click the down arrow and the selector wheel comes up on IOS. This can be hard if you don't know the name of the color way you want because you don't have pictures next to the names. But I don't honk you can really fix that easily.

But IMHO it's not hard to figure out what things are called. It's not like we expect you to spend countless hours on this to make it easy for the lazy.

I'm impressed that you made the site as functional as you have.

It take a lot of bought and effort to get where you have so Kudos!