Author Topic: Greetings from New England!  (Read 796 times)

Offline Kaelon

• Kaelon.com
Greetings from New England!
« on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 09:29:21 »
Hi there!

I've loved keyboards for the past four decades.

I grew up around computers, and fondly remember the physical aesthetic of my Apple II Plus, the high-profile keycaps and thick, chonky layouts; the firm resistance of the Model M Keyboard with its infamous buckling spring action, and then a torrent of hideous and mediocre membrane keyboards that I yearned to appreciate.  When mechanical keyboards entered the gaming scene, as a life-long gamer, I quickly took to them and found my preference for the Cherry MX Browns and Reds.  I started keycap-swapping my Corsairs and Razers in the late 2000s, but by the early 2010s starting developing a habit of impulse-buying new keyboards that were out of stock or discontinued.  The Legacy Apple Keyboards (a1048 and revisions) became my obsession, and I soon amassed over a dozen of pristine devices, knowing that if I ever wanted to travel back to the turn of the century with these membrane masterpieces, I could.

I discovered the Custom Keyboard scene - like almost everyone else! - during this pandemic, and have largely been a fervent "learner."  I bought my first 'custom' from Drop (a gorgeous Signature Series Sentinel), and started amassing some parts from NovelKeys group buys and various keycap and switch outfits.  But I am eager to keep learning more, and will soon be building my bestie her own keyboard. 

Looking forward to meeting all of you and continuing the education!