geekhack Community > Reviews

Micro review of my typing experience (Cherry MX) over the past years

(1/4) > >>

F u r u y á:

Typeracer: Improvement over time (18k races over 20 months)

The following is my perception exclusively for typing. Browsing and gaming are a different subject.

SwitchPerception (typing)MX Redlight and fast -> loveMX Brownlight and nice -> likeMX Bluetoo much bump -> dislikeMX Cleartoo heavy -> hate

Q: Why the brown->clear gradient in the picture? A: Because I'm not sure when exactly I did the transition
Q: How was the blue->red transition? A: Can't describe. High slope in the graph speaks for itself!

swagpiratex:
I was wondering why you looked so familiar. Raced you a couple of times. Personally I like Blues the best, followed by Browns. Reds are too easy to make mistakes on.

Currently playing as Revolver Wario.

dmreeves:
On an interesting note in response to this, I fired up typeracer today and played around a bit on my Steelseries 6gV2 mxBlacks. I prefer the linear actuation over clicky style blues/browns. I am receiving a KBT Pure Mx Red tomorrow and will share my results between the blacks and reds.

But I am average at like 96wpm on Blacks so far after about 20 races and maxed out at like 105wpm.

F u r u y á:
Nice. When I race next times I'll look for a Revolver Wario (in case you didn't see already: Wario keycaps :])

F u r u y á:

--- Quote from: dmreeves on Wed, 10 April 2013, 00:47:03 ---On an interesting note in response to this, I fired up typeracer today and played around a bit on my Steelseries 6gV2 mxBlacks. I prefer the linear actuation over clicky style blues/browns. I am receiving a KBT Pure Mx Red tomorrow and will share my results between the blacks and reds.

But I am average at like 96wpm on Blacks so far after about 20 races and maxed out at like 105wpm.

--- End quote ---
Performance wise, I too prefer the linear style. I prefer light also, and I couldn't stand MX Clear springs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version