Author Topic: [IC] Fox Lab - Leaf 65%  (Read 90804 times)

Offline neikels

• nice to meet you
Re: [IC] Fox Lab - Leaf 65% (need feedbacks on plate design revisions)
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 14:36:47 »
I like the idea of the skeleton plate, but what concerns me at the moments is how this will look with the mute plate underneath it. Maybe you can put this together real quick with some switches and keycaps and post a picture.
I would stick with the current lineup of options and add a black, white and silver skeleton plate. Depends on the assembled look though as I mentioned.

Offline Jacki

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 17:29:15 »
Will there be polycarb plate available?

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline Kikoo

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 18:56:29 »
The new skeleton plate looks interesting to try out. However, I'd prefer to also have the regular colored aluminum options available as well, default or non. I like the idea of keeping the current plate options + one or two skeleton ones as add on or vice versa. I really appreciate that you're deviating from the norm, but what drew me into this IC the most is the sheer amount of customization and design language that you've gone with thus far. If you feel the plate offers more or something different that'll make the board better, I'm down to try it.

Offline enricodg

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 23:53:22 »
Maybe if you provide typing & flex test it would be more awesome, so that we at least get the overview what'd it be like. Cheers!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 00:29:35 »
is the PVD brass gold color?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline peaceperfection

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 07:34:36 »
I Am definitely interested in that plate, but would love to have a sound test to compare between them.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 12:56:29 »
what is the weight of the board unbuilt?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Clone6001

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 19:51:02 »
Quick question: are both the hotswap and solder pcb qmk and via compatible?

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 23:03:20 »
Hi Senter,

I was doublechecking the color options for the case at foxlab.store/products/leaf-65 and saw no purple or lilac. At the beginning of this thread you mentioned full lilac could be an option, is this not the case anymore, and the colors on the product page are the final colorways?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 04:11:57 »
Any chance we could get any more photos / renders of the e-beige colour please?

Offline Stompy

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 04:55:04 »
Really hoping for that ISO support...

The placeholder page at https://foxlab.store/products/leaf-65 shows nothing so far...

Offline alignace

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 05:23:42 »
Hi Senter,

I was doublechecking the color options for the case at foxlab.store/products/leaf-65 and saw no purple or lilac. At the beginning of this thread you mentioned full lilac could be an option, is this not the case anymore, and the colors on the product page are the final colorways?

Show Image

I REALLY hope that the lilac colorway gets included... *fingers crossed* :(

Offline Pichiew

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 06:39:18 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

I am really hoping for Lilac too :(

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 08:24:19 »
Has this ran on GB already? I genuinely hope I did not miss this.

Offline Stompy

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 09:52:00 »
Has this ran on GB already? I genuinely hope I did not miss this.

Not yet, I think it was said somewhere first week of April. So it's soon...

Offline Jacki

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 10:52:47 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

I also noticed there's no option for Polycarb bottom, only top and mid piece

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:37:32 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

I also noticed there's no option for Polycarb bottom, only top and mid piece

Commenting to draw attention to this

Offline Stompy

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 17:48:44 »
Really hoping for that ISO support...

The placeholder page at https://foxlab.store/products/leaf-65 shows nothing so far...

Although the pcb on Taeha’s stream right now looks promising!

Offline alignace

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 22:28:24 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

I am really hoping for Lilac too :(

I was under the impression that lilac would be offered...
266084-0

PETITION TO INCLUDE LILAC COLOUR OPTION

Offline GuavaJoe

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 23:03:11 »
Needs Lilac

Offline MelonBred

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 00:06:20 »
big fan of the case design on this one.

Offline prognostics

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 06:09:48 »
+1 for Lilac colorway option, especially now that Tuzi ran.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 07:13:29 »
Lilac does look pretty good

Offline Stompy

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 07:34:02 »
Did anyone catch Taeha's build stream of this yesterday? I only saw a minute, and it's not uploaded to his recent videos. What was his end verdict?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 08:47:49 »
Did anyone catch Taeha's build stream of this yesterday? I only saw a minute, and it's not uploaded to his recent videos. What was his end verdict?

i watched the whole thing. he gave away two leaf65 at the end. it was stiffer than you would expect from a gasket mount called leaf. taeha was also surprised at how expensive it was. i pointed out that it is more expensive than time80RE. other than that pretty good.

/////////

i have mixed feelings about this GB. on their website there is not even a contact us link or support. no about us.  no manual. no faq. no guide. no "if you have a problem with our product you can email us". nothing. it is quite .... arrogant and rude honestly.

Offline LuluLimes

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:12:34 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

Lilac slaps hope it makes the cut

, ,

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:42:56 »

i watched the whole thing. he gave away two leaf65 at the end. it was stiffer than you would expect from a gasket mount called leaf. taeha was also surprised at how expensive it was. i pointed out that it is more expensive than time80RE. other than that pretty good.

/////////

i have mixed feelings about this GB. on their website there is not even a contact us link or support. no about us.  no manual. no faq. no guide. no "if you have a problem with our product you can email us". nothing. it is quite .... arrogant and rude honestly.

Hmmm, judging me just based on a placeholder product page is pretty arrogant and rude in my opinion. I haven't formally announce the GB, and I'm still making changes on my website. Making the page active with 0 stock is to enable and test some of the apps on shopify.

Due to the recent USD/CNY exchange rate changes, $415 this year is $366 excluding the transaction fees in the last year, not counting the price incensements on basically all the materials. Does that sound a little better?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:44:49 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

unfortunately, we weren't able to adjust the lilac color ⊙︿⊙

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:47:01 »

Here's a comparison between E-beige and E-white

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 10:31:43 »

/////////

Hmmm, judging me just based on a placeholder product page is pretty arrogant and rude in my opinion. I haven't formally announce the GB, and I'm still making changes on my website. Making the page active with 0 stock is to enable and test some of the apps on shopify.

Due to the recent USD/CNY exchange rate changes, $415 this year is $366 excluding the transaction fees in the last year, not counting the price incensements on basically all the materials. Does that sound a little better?

No it's not better. Not having a contact us email address doesn't have anything to do with the future gb. What about owners of previous products?

Offline noodleman

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 10:48:52 »

/////////

No it's not better. Not having a contact us email address doesn't have anything to do with the future gb. What about owners of previous products?

do you have any of his previous products?  Cause having joined in to previous foxlab gbs I've gotten plenty of support and have no problems contacting senter via email and pms.

Offline Stompy

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:11:31 »

/////////

I checked the website and found this https://fox-lab.github.io/pages/contact.html
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:37:50 by Stompy »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:48:31 »

/////////

1. Time80RE was the first GB I run through the Shopify store. Before that, I communicate with buyers through my Gmail email.
2. For Time80RE, a packing list like blow is attached. Scanning the QR code can lead you to the guide. The contact information is also on the paper.
3. I do agree I'm not doing a perfect job. No one does. Though, I'm surprised how easily people can use words like "arrogant and rude" on someone you don't even know much.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 12:13:33 »

/////////

1. Time80RE was the first GB I run through the Shopify store. Before that, I communicate with buyers through my Gmail email.
2. For Time80RE, a packing list like blow is attached. Scanning the QR code can lead you to the guide. The contact information is also on the paper.
3. I do agree I'm not doing a perfect job. No one does. Though, I'm surprised how easily people can use words like "arrogant and rude" on someone you don't even know much.

Show Image

you got defensive too quickly. not only i have called your keyboardsd "works of art" on many forums and discords i have spent a lot of money buying them on mechmarket and have been following this so i can buy more. i do have a problem that if you get defensive from someone who is very much a supporter then how would you treat someone who might be much newer than i am and might have a problem or critisim at some point.

i recently had a defective pcb from another small keyboard manufacturer. i was initially shocked to see that there was no support section or email or phone number explicitly listed on their website. but thankfully they had an active discord and they replied on discord in minutes. when i am asking you why not have an "about us" section who tells people who are they trusting with their money or have a way of answering people's concerns, there is literally no reason that you should get defensive.  just recently there has been examples of both keyboard and keycap makers who have gone MIA after taking money from people so asking for a little transparency is not arrogant, refusing it is arrogant.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 12:21:40 »
beautiful design! Sign me up!

Offline Jacki

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 12:42:22 »
Thanks for all the updates!
Question: Any plans on adding polycarbonate Plates for the GB?
If not will the plate files be available after GB?

Offline alignace

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 12:44:34 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

Weren't able to adjust the lilac color meaning cant color-match to the exact shade of purple in the picture? Would any other shade of light purple be possible?

Show Image

Also is it me or does the e-white look slightly silver and the e-beige like a light gold in the picture?

Offline tsolin01

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 13:26:53 »

/////////

Show Image

Wow I love the QR code link to a build guide! I can't think of any other boards that even do this. 9/10 times I figure the build on my own or look up something on youtube so including this is definitely appreciated!

Offline Clone6001

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 14:20:30 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

Weren't able to adjust the lilac color meaning cant color-match to the exact shade of purple in the picture? Would any other shade of light purple be possible?

Show Image

Also is it me or does the e-white look slightly silver and the e-beige like a light gold in the picture?

I can't speak for the beige but minterly did a build with an E-white board and it looked pretty good

Offline Nishikienrai

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 14:41:11 »

/////////

Show Image

you got defensive too quickly. not only i have called your keyboardsd "works of art" on many forums and discords i have spent a lot of money buying them on mechmarket and have been following this so i can buy more. i do have a problem that if you get defensive from someone who is very much a supporter then how would you treat someone who might be much newer than i am and might have a problem or critisim at some point.

i recently had a defective pcb from another small keyboard manufacturer. i was initially shocked to see that there was no support section or email or phone number explicitly listed on their website. but thankfully they had an active discord and they replied on discord in minutes. when i am asking you why not have an "about us" section who tells people who are they trusting with their money or have a way of answering people's concerns, there is literally no reason that you should get defensive.  just recently there has been examples of both keyboard and keycap makers who have gone MIA after taking money from people so asking for a little transparency is not arrogant, refusing it is arrogant.

He does have a contact. If you spent 10 seconds looking at the bottom of the things they've replied to, you'll see "Plate files and information: https://fox-lab.github.io" which has his information in the top right... It's crazy how entitled and arrogant you sound even though you apparently can't be bothered to use your eyes to look at the things in front of you. Even a 5 second google search of "Fox Lab Keyboards" their Github link is the first thing that pops up with the description literally having "Group Buys About Contact".

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 15:37:11 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

Well that's super sad, it was a beautiful finish :( Could we get some more IRL pictures of the pink powdercoat case? Also, could we choose to have the FR4 plate as the default plate option instead of only as an extra?

Offline dommyy13

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 17:18:30 »
I bought an extra pcb for the key65 and it doesn't work.  will these pcbs fit the key65 and will it be possible to purchase by itself?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 18:32:21 »

I don't plan to add polycarbonate plates this time. We already have aluminum, brass, and FR4.
Yes, I share plate files for all keyboard kits from me.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 18:41:53 »
Hi Senter,

Show Image

Well that's super sad, it was a beautiful finish :( Could we get some more IRL pictures of the pink powdercoat case? Also, could we choose to have the FR4 plate as the default plate option instead of only as an extra?

FR4 is the only option doesn't fit the rule that the plate and weight must be in the same material and color. I really suggest you to try the default skeleton plate or pay $25 more for an extra FR4 one.

Offline Jacki

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 19:34:16 »

I don't plan to add polycarbonate plates this time. We already have aluminum, brass, and FR4.
Yes, I share plate files for all keyboard kits from me.
Alright no problem.
What is the thickness of the plates,
so i can cut the right size.

Offline TheSlickRick

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 10:47:00 »
sign me up and take my money ASAP

Offline meenacraft

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 10:51:38 »

Show Image

FR4 is the only option doesn't fit the rule that the plate and weight must be in the same material and color. I really suggest you to try the default skeleton plate or pay $25 more for an extra FR4 one.

OK makes sense wrt the FR4, I'll probably end up getting a skeleton and a FR4 backup! And ty for the picture, I had one more question, which finish is pictured in this image? I had thought this was the powdercoat finish, but seems different than the one above.
On further inspection, I think this is the PC case with a pink powder coat weight and plate, if I'm not mistaken
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 10:56:39 by meenacraft »

Offline pcire

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 13:47:37 »
The time has come!  :thumb:

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 15:21:54 »
Any details on hotswap layout? Or maybe is it pretty much like Key65 hotswap layout (7u spacebar)?
Couldn't find it anywhere esp since it's starting very soon

Offline Tsumi

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 15:40:15 »
Was hoping for this color combo to be available, but I'll be able to work with the options available.

Will the GB be unlimited or with a soft cap?