Author Topic: Keycap layout printout  (Read 6389 times)

Offline MrChunky

Keycap layout printout
« on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:45:22 »
I have made a printout for laying out keycaps (for classifieds pictures, checking if you got all the caps from GBs etc.). I thought the one circulating at the moment (the one with geekhack.org in orangish at the top) is a bit awkward to use and is generally weirdly layed out. I have also found it awkward to print out. No offence meant to the creator of course, it has served me well many time.

Without further ado, here it is: A4 (2 pages)-> * Keyboard Layout A4.pdf (1303.9 kB - downloaded 1090 times.), A3-> * Keyboard layout A3.pdf (1304.6 kB - downloaded 504 times.).

If anyone has any suggestions on how it could be improved, I would appreciate it. Also if there are any other such documents already posted elsewhere, it would be great to see them.

I used http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ for the images of the keys, I hope as it is for private use it would be allowed. And is not illegal or anything.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 July 2014, 01:31:21 by MrChunky »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Keycap layout printout
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:47:31 »
If you Check out this link, there were other Keycap checking sheets but I really like this one. I'm going to be linking it into the Simple Questions thread to help clarify the tsangan kit.

It would also be nice if you could host the pictures as some people are put off by having to download a pdf. Thanks for putting this out there :D.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:49:14 by CPTBadAss »

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:52:10 »
Ah thanks, didn't find the second one. Well I hope mine is a bit easier to handle. And it might help someone  :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:55:20 »
Yours is very nice as well, no worries. It's always good to have options :D.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 20:51:58 »
This on A3 would be killer!

But more difficult to laminate.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 00:14:29 »
I made on a3 at first and split it so it would be easier to print. I'll post the A3 variation in a bit.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 00:18:42 »
I made on a3 at first and split it so it would be easier to print. I'll post the A3 variation in a bit.

Cool, thanks!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 01:28:27 »
Updated OP with A3 size, also fixed sizes on 6.25 unit row. They were 1.75... :confused:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 01:48:25 »
Very print.

Such layout.

Much thank you.

:)

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 01:50:32 »
Layout, printout, I am out.  :p

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 11:23:05 »
Awesome.  Going to be printing and laminating a copy.  This is great!

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns