Author Topic: [IC] GMK Minimal 2 - Launching August 2nd  (Read 120563 times)

Offline ggmoss

Re: [IC] GMK Minimall
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 18:17:11 »
how about adding yellow accent?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:24:42 »
Here, I'll be constructive. I suggest that you include og style arrows in the main kit, to make the base kit more versatile in terms of pairing with other mod kits out there. To my knowledge, ws1 and CR centered mods do not exist (or many other stand-alone mod kits with centered legends), so how about making these new style arrows optional for those that want and appreciate them?

I'll second this ideal. OG arrows in base, new style in accent does make a lot more sense to me since it's text mods in this set.
+1 for OG arrows. If you do that you can count me in for a NorDe kit as well

I understand some people prefer the OG style off arrows, we weren't originally planning on adding them but did for this reason. But, out of the current form entries the people who voted yes form far from a majority out of total votes. I suspect that will change even more once the form gets shared to other platforms considering the more "OG" audience of Geekhack so I don't think switching around the places would be the right call.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:26:08 »

Current ones were made as a fresh spin on the classic RGB mod colours, the kit already has plenty of accent keys as is and this might be increased even more considering a good few people are asking for either spacebars or ISO accent keys. Having 4 accent colours would make the kit very expensive.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:34:02 »
I understand some people prefer the OG style off arrows, we weren't originally planning on adding them but did for this reason. But, out of the current form entries the people who voted yes form far from a majority out of total votes. I suspect that will change even more once the form gets shared to other platforms considering the more "OG" audience of Geekhack so I don't think switching around the places would be the right call.

The question isn't phrased well in that case. I voted no exactly because I want them to switch places.

“If you selected Alternate, would you use the OG style arrows?” — No, because I want the arrows in Alternate to be centered, because I want them as an add-on for my R1 set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:46:18 by konstantin »

Offline wil

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 20:10:59 »
+1 to OG arrows in base, dixie arrows in alternate. it makes sense anyways as that is where the dixie X is. it then thematically realizes the kit as well since it's an "alternate" to the original :)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 20:37:58 »
+1 Original Arrows. I've always preferred the originals.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 21:44:31 »
Would prefer Alu Rama caps, in my experience the brass caps are worse to deal with if there is a fit issue.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:14:32 »
I thought GMK did not make 3u spacebars? Someone please correct me if I am misunderstanding, but the 40s kit includes 3u spacebars?
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:16:48 »
Am i the only one who likes the new arrows? I say keep em as is

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:22:07 »
I thought GMK did not make 3u spacebars? Someone please correct me if I am misunderstanding, but the 40s kit includes 3u spacebars?
My Paint testing confirms that there are one 3u and one 2.75u spacebar indeed.
First time I've seen one as well.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:24:05 by Paddel06 »
This is a signature.

Offline delet_d

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:56:41 »
+1 to og arrows in base, centered in alternate

Offline wil

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 00:06:38 »

OG spacekeys R2 is having 3u spacebars as well so they exist

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 01:58:35 »
any chance for monolegends on punctuation and num row? that'd be pretty cool and fitting for the theme

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 03:10:18 »

Even if you like them, there's no logical reason to kit it this way as stated before.

Too bad I had to be the initial person to suggest this, Dixie and janglad have too much pride to take anything I say into consideration. Sorry everyone. 😇

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 05:08:56 »
Definitely in if you include the complete NordeUK kit (PT support included). After all it's an addon right?

Also very interested if you include the ISO accent enter keys.

Are these a possibility?

Cheers

Offline aerogel

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 05:36:00 »
Would defenitly buy it as my first keycap set!

Offline Dafraz117

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 06:07:50 »

Even if you like them, there's no logical reason to kit it this way as stated before.

Too bad I had to be the initial person to suggest this, Dixie and janglad have too much pride to take anything I say into consideration. Sorry everyone.
I like them the way there are currently also. I think if you learned how to express opinions/suggestions in a polite way it might cause you a lot less trouble in life and also make people more likely to accept your opinion... if that is truly your goal and not just to cause trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 07:17:43 »

Too bad I had to be the initial person to suggest this, Dixie and janglad have too much pride to take anything I say into consideration. Sorry everyone.
I mean, Dixie and janglad can do what ever they want?

Whether you like em or not, you buy the base kit and the alternate kit, buy it off r/mm, or you don't at all.

No point in shaming both Dixie, janglad, or any others that like it for liking something.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 08:58:06 »
OG arrows in the base set make much more sense to me for the many reasons stated by others earlier, and please do not cite the IC form as evidence against that decision because the question asked is not relevant to that discussion. 

Also, I know someone else mentioned that the green accents may look better with a black legend, but I'd like to go one step further and say that I think that all of the accents would look better with black legends. I feel like this would be more cohesive with the rest of the set since everything would then be black on ___ and be of similar contrast.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 09:01:28 by dallman5 »
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline wil

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 09:06:09 »

Current ones were made as a fresh spin on the classic RGB mod colours, the kit already has plenty of accent keys as is and this might be increased even more considering a good few people are asking for either spacebars or ISO accent keys. Having 4 accent colours would make the kit very expensive.

would absolutely love accented spacebars here. i know it would add quite a lot to the cost but... this is minimall, after all.

Offline Coneree

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 10:13:36 »
Fine, I'll buy it this time lol
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 10:31:25 »

Too bad I had to be the initial person to suggest this, Dixie and janglad have too much pride to take anything I say into consideration. Sorry everyone. 😇

Don't feel too important now Emir /s

Seriously though, there is. We strongly feel like it's the better design decision, text is centred so arrows are too. Like I said before, I understand some people strongly prefer the OG style arrows and that's why we added the option even though we weren't planning on it. I don't think basing kit design for 100% of people around the small percentage of people who would both have bought the BoW mod kit without having a set to use it on or the handful of people looking to combine this with R1 Minimal is a good choice.

Offline AffectionateData

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:46:32 »
I'm in!

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:35:40 »

It seems to me, after some research that OG Spacekeys R2 did not have 3u bars?

Offline kbye

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:50:32 »
reading through this thread has been fun. it's funny to me that arrow placements can make ppl feel some type of way.

Anyways, the base kit looks fine to me. count me in.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2020, 13:34:58 by kbye »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 15:34:35 »

I spend a reasonable amount of time around here, and I'm under the impression that no GMK 3u spacebars have been in sets that have run in group buy.

Offline BigBabyJesus

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 15:51:12 »
The GMK set I've been waiting on the most! Can't wait to get one!

Offline MMKB

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 16:23:42 »
Nice to see a sizable part of the community leaning towards minimalism

Must buy

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:54:45 »
Is it possible to add a second 2u spacebar to the Obscure kit?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:55:15 »

For what layout specifically?

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:56:40 »

gamervan, planck, jj40, next preonic I think will also support 2x2u, upcoming Atlas

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:59:12 »

gamervan, planck, jj40, next preonic I think will also support 2x2u, upcoming Atlas

Alright I'll have a look! I know I keep repeating myself but if you want this key fill in the form, you should be able to edit your previous replies too. Just gives us a handy way to go through all the proposed changes :)

Offline psxndc

[IC] GMK Minimall
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 18:31:37 »

Fwiw, almost every keebio kb supports 2x2u (Iris, Viterbi, nyquist, (older) Levinsons. I'll add this to my survey.
Ortho. Always.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 18:59:39 »
Just got confirmation that it will have a 3u spacebar. https://imgur.com/a/Ns3RNRm

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:01:21 »
Maybe it's an optical illusion, but do the left and right arrow keys have the same alignment between the two styles? The centered style just look off to me, since the arrow-heads are no longer aligned and it looks like maybe the left and right arrows could be move down slightly to fix that.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:15:51 »
Maybe it's an optical illusion, but do the left and right arrow keys have the same alignment between the two styles? The centered style just look off to me, since the arrow-heads are no longer aligned and it looks like maybe the left and right arrows could be move down slightly to fix that.

On the centred ones they are, well, centred while on the OG ones they're aligned to the bottom of the text on the modifier keys meaning they're slightly to the bottom of centre (since the mod text is centred).

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:32:47 »

Alright I'll have a look! I know I keep repeating myself but if you want this key fill in the form, you should be able to edit your previous replies too. Just gives us a handy way to go through all the proposed changes :)

Form filled out. Thanks for listening to our feedback! ;)

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:34:12 »

On the centred ones they are, well, centred while on the OG ones they're aligned to the bottom of the text on the modifier keys meaning they're slightly to the bottom of centre (since the mod text is centred).
Ah interesting, thanks for explaining  :thumb:

Offline MuffinCat

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:15:14 »

Sorry, who are you?

Offline Armaguard

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:16:03 »
Ergo kit pls n thnx <3
Love the set but no ergo in any of these good kits that have been coming out lately hurts my souls haha

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:23:08 »

Sorry, who are you?
Someone whose posted more then twice.... Ooooooooooo. Sick burn!

J/k

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:27:44 »

Sorry, who are you?

IDK, but they think their opinion is more important than the designers of this set, going so far as calling it prideful to design a set according to their opinions.

FWIW I don't like "dixie mods" and I express this dislike by not buying sets that use them, instead of throwing a tantrum in the IC.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:33:15 »

FWIW I don't like "dixie mods" and I express this dislike by not buying sets that use them, instead of throwing a tantrum in the IC.

This is the way.

Offline blerc

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 00:07:49 »

Ιkbut

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 01:15:11 »
Could you add black enter and esc in alternate kit?

Offline soran

• what have I done
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 01:55:53 »

Sorry, who are you?

IDK, but they think their opinion is more important than the designers of this set, going so far as calling it prideful to design a set according to their opinions.

Emir mods*

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:53:40 »
With the popularity/success of Minimal, this could be a great opportunity for a colevrak+ kit to reach MOQ. Please consider adding this kit.

Offline wil

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 09:50:06 »

round 2 has not happened yet.

Offline greentea

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 19:16:29 »
Love it!!!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 20:43:16 »

round 2 has not happened yet.

the next round (round 2) will.