Author Topic: I Just Discovered The MK World And I Am BLOWN away...  (Read 1345 times)

Offline DarkOrse

I Just Discovered The MK World And I Am BLOWN away...
« on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 10:59:18 »
Man, I just discovered how big the MKB world is! I literally had no idea this hobby was this big...

So. Many. Possibilities.

I'm a Newbie looking to get my first KB - Never owned one before...
I'm a major fan of TKL/75% sizes  (am I doing it right?). The ones with the F Row and some on the right side with full dedicated arrows lmao.

I landed here since i couldnt find an MK that suited my picky wants and needs that large manufacturers sell - ya know; colour, style, layout, ***Build Quality***...

Im not sure if i should be buying a full pre-made one or just purchase in parts for a custom build... :confused:
I look forward to sticking around and learning some more.

;)

RIP WALLET

Offline jamster

Re: I Just Discovered The MK World And I Am BLOWN away...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 12:26:20 »
Welcome.

Just go off-the-shelf for a while until you get an idea of what you like and what you don't like. Rushing into a custom board without any baseline for reference would be like shooting in the dark.

Take it slow, have fun, and don't blow lots of money on this hobby unless you've already got the rest of your finances sorted out.

Offline funkmon

Re: I Just Discovered The MK World And I Am BLOWN away...
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 17:34:50 »
Man, I just discovered how big the MKB world is! I literally had no idea this hobby was this big...

So. Many. Possibilities.

I'm a Newbie looking to get my first KB - Never owned one before...
I'm a major fan of TKL/75% sizes  (am I doing it right?). The ones with the F Row and some on the right side with full dedicated arrows lmao.

RIP WALLET

Yeah, the tenkeyless is the one without the number pad, so those are compact keyboards. Very cheap! No RIP to the wallet! I just got a small tenkeyless board for $40 that's pretty solid! To each his own though! IMO the ultimate tenkeyless has got to be the Model M SSK, which IS hideously expensive. But you can go on Amazon right now and pick up a keyboard with Outemu blues for $40, which isn't nothing, but it's not something that should annihilate your wallet.