Author Topic: [GB] GMK White-on-Black Katakana | Drop.com | $2907.49 to Charity!  (Read 10584 times)

Offline Pach

259861-0
Purchase on Drop

259863-1
MiTo の Laser65

blindassassin111 の Crown TKL

Drop + Tokyo の Tokyo60

Old Renders
More
Keycult の 1/65

yuktsi の TGR 910

259865-2

259867-3
Charity Details
I am passionate in providing support to relevant issues that are happening in the world. Therefore, for the first five months of pre-orders, all designer profits will go towards the organizations listed below. By pre-ordering this set, you are making a positive impact on the world by donating to relevant and impactful charities. All donations will be completed after the sets have been shipped out.

January 14 - March 1: Black Lives Matter (EJI)
COMPLETED: 2,360.78 USD

March 2 - April 16: WHO COVID-19 Response Fund
COMPLETED: 282.26 USD

April 17 - June 1: Japanese American Citizens League
COMPLETED: 264.45 USD

Pre-Order Details
Drop (International), January 14th, 2021
Estimated Shipping: September 30, 2021
Special Promotion (Valid from 1/14/21 - 1/16/21): $10 off with code WOBK10
Special Promotion (Valid from 1/14/21 - 2/16/21): Group Buy Pricing - $120

When will the pre-order end?
Drop recently changed how GMK group buys are managed. Instead of the group buy lasting only a month, Drop will keep the product running in perpetuity on a pre-order -> in-stock loop. You may have already noticed this with Drop's GMK White-on-Black. This system is a win-win for everyone involved because it allows people to join the buy even if they are a few months late in discovering it.

Why just a base kit?
This is a WoB set; here are many extension kits already available. Having only one kit makes ongoing pre-orders easier and less expensive. Future modifications of this set may consider child kits if conditions allow.

Legends?
This set will use the new community-made Katakana/Kanji monolegends (Also featured on GMK Mecha-01).

Discord server (for updates, etc.)
https://discord.gg/aSsUEqc

Signature banner (support the set!)
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109976.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/DJ52g0u.png[/img][/url]
Special thanks to
Oblotzky for the renders and help
kidviddy for JIS and layout help

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2022, 20:20:16 by Pach »

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
Wow this new system is most definitely a win-win. I'm not a fan of WoB but this one looks lovely!

Offline Pach

Just a little update:

Less than a week left to preorder! Sales have been amazing so far and there is no doubt that these will be produced.
As of 2/10/21, there are 6 days left to pre-order the set, which is like joining a GB. After 2/16/21, you can still pre-order, but it will be like buying extras where the price will likely go up 10-20 dollars.
Overall, I'm super happy on the progress so far and I look forward to the eventual donation to the three charities that I planned for! :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK White-on-Black Katakana | Drop.com | Profits to Charity
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 15:35:42 »

2/18 Edit: Updated with final group buy numbers.  Pre-order now in progress.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 17:30:42 by dvorcol »

Offline Pach

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 12:57:23 »
GMK WoB Katakana is beginning to ship out!

All pre-orders should start to ship out through the upcoming few days/week. That means you'll get a shipping notification soon, if you haven't already. I'll be announcing more details for the charity donations once I have the information required to do that!

If you didn't get to pre-order, the set is ready to ship and purchasable right now on the Drop product page.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 12:28:31 »
GMK WoB Katakana is beginning to ship out!

All pre-orders should start to ship out through the upcoming few days/week. That means you'll get a shipping notification soon, if you haven't already. I'll be announcing more details for the charity donations once I have the information required to do that!

If you didn't get to pre-order, the set is ready to ship and purchasable right now on the Drop product page.

is this set going the usual drop route aka constantly restocked? I missed it and would like to get one without the meaningless mm prices