geekhack Marketplace > Classifieds

How to buy or sell something on Geekhack - a classifieds tutorial!

<< < (4/19) > >>

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: Signature on Sun, 14 December 2014, 14:06:27 ---
--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:45:10 ---
--- Quote from: Signature on Mon, 24 November 2014, 15:22:21 ---Bumping
If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you are allowed to do so until at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.

--- End quote ---
Methinks there's a "not" missing in there - there's no point bumping an active thread.  Other than that good guide :)

--- End quote ---
Don't really understand what you are suggesting but the main function with bumping is to make your own sale thread visible more often. A lot of classifieds threads aren't "active" since business usally goes through PMs, but there might be something I'm missing

--- End quote ---
Sorry, didn't check back here. 

I think it should be changed to the below because I read it as saying that if no-one posts in the thread for 24 hours you aren't allowed to bump it and surely that's not right?  One bold NOT added :)

--- Quote ---If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you are NOT allowed to do so until at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.
--- End quote ---

or maybe

--- Quote ---If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you can do so only after at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.
--- End quote ---
Not sure which is more English as second+ language friendly, it's my first but I'm told my sentence structure is weird :-[

exitfire401:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 04 January 2015, 13:19:48 ---
If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you are allowed to do so until at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.

--- End quote ---
Methinks there's a "not" missing in there - there's no point bumping an active thread.  Other than that good guide :)

--- End quote ---
Don't really understand what you are suggesting but the main function with bumping is to make your own sale thread visible more often. A lot of classifieds threads aren't "active" since business usally goes through PMs, but there might be something I'm missing

--- End quote ---

I think it should be changed to the below because I read it as saying that if no-one posts in the thread for 24 hours you aren't allowed to bump it and surely that's not right?  One bold NOT added :)

--- Quote ---If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you are NOT allowed to do so until at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.
--- End quote ---

or maybe

--- Quote ---If you wish to bump your classifieds thread you can do so only after at least 24 hours have passed from the time of the latest post. Don't bump other members' Classifieds posts.
--- End quote ---
Not sure which is more English as second+ language friendly, it's my first but I'm told my sentence structure is weird :-[

--- End quote ---

I can understand where you are having your misunderstanding. You cannot bump your own post more than once every 24 hours. So, once you have posted for your bump, you must wait 24 hours before bumping your thread once again. If somebody else posts in your thread asking for an item, you may respond, and we consider this a free bump that does not change anything in the 24 hour bump window that you are allowed.

Signature:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 04 January 2015, 13:19:48 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

or maybe

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I edited it, hope it solves the issue. As you may know English is my second language

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: Signature on Sun, 04 January 2015, 13:41:30 ---I edited it, hope it solves the issue. As you may know English is my second language
--- End quote ---
:eek: I would never have guessed, so many native English speaking kids can't even get then/than right while you're writing guides in a second language.  Good work!

Signature:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 04 January 2015, 14:01:49 ---
--- Quote from: Signature on Sun, 04 January 2015, 13:41:30 ---I edited it, hope it solves the issue. As you may know English is my second language
--- End quote ---
:eek: I would never have guessed, so many native English speaking kids can't even get then/than right while you're writing guides in a second language.  Good work!

--- End quote ---
Well still learning English in high school, but I appriceate that you point out mistakes! Helps me improve :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version