Author Topic: Osume Keycaps  (Read 4560 times)

Offline keymaven

Osume Keycaps
« on: Fri, 03 November 2023, 14:00:49 »
Am I the only one who thinks their Legends are waaaaaaay too small? I ordered a set of Matcha and while they are good quality the legends (for me) are almost illegible and quite honestly they look a little silly since they are so small. Not like they are cheap keycaps, which is why I am not happy. Anyone else have any issues with the size of the legends? Maybe it's just my set.

Offline m202307

Re: Osume Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 November 2023, 19:27:35 »
It's all preference; I love the Osume keycaps and the deemphasized legends are one of the reasons why.  (Also: lowercase legends on the mods; side-by-side rather than over-under legends on the punctuation keys; the font has some character.)  It makes for a very clean-looking board which I appreciate.

It's not just your set, by the way; if you don't like Matcha because of the legends you won't like any of the Osume sets.

I have the opposite problem with the keycaps from CannonKeys; they have a lot of colorways that I like but the legends are too bold and prominent for my taste.  I have one set (Sweater Weather) and never manage to leave it on for more than a couple of days because of that.  Give CannonKeys a look; they might suit you!

Offline keymaven

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 November 2023, 20:28:40 »
Thank you for the advice. I have a set of GMKs, these were my first set on my first build, so maybe I am just used to them. I do like the Legends on GMK but I like the sound of the Osumes. I will take a closer look at Cannonkeys and see how they stack up.

I asked Osume to take them back since I didn't install the set, and no response.

Offline keymaven

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 13:53:04 »
Ok so I have been running these for a few days..The colors are awesome in this keycap set, and quite honestly all of the Osume caps are nice, but as I suspected the legends are small. As someone else mentioned it does offer a different look to the board, which is nice and clean. If I am wearing my glasses the legends are fine and I don't look down much to type so it's not a huge issue, but still learning to live with it and adjust.

I will say, the difference in sound between these keycaps and GMKs is large. These are much less snappy, more of a cream to the sound-I understand they are different plastic compounds. I have a copper plate so it's a decent match for the PBT Plastic still has some pop-I think I just got used to the GMKs. Again I love the colors, but to anyone looking at Osume who prefers large legends look twice because they are VERY small in real life.