Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 168889 times)

Offline MdotMaxson

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - Aug 1st - Rama Cap!
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 19:55:41 »
Lol you totally probably made thekey.company poop their pants with this as I knownthwy had a KAT Terkibal in the works and we’re gonna replace the green from GMK terminal with glow in the dark. Then this. This wins.

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 20:24:19 »
Why is there no 6.25u green GiD spacebar in the omega module?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 22:39:14 »
Lol you totally probably made thekey.company poop their pants with this as I knownthwy had a KAT Terkibal in the works and we’re gonna replace the green from GMK terminal with glow in the dark. Then this. This wins.
Infact TKC were the first people i spoke to about the set, they had told me they planned to run Terminal in KAT but it wouldnt be a conflct of cyberspace, i didn't know they had planned to use GiD i'm sure it would be the other way round if i know tbh haha.

Why is there no 6.25u green GiD spacebar in the omega module?

There is now. I just need to post the updated kitting i'm still waiting on a few vendors to sort out their pricing.

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 22:48:29 »
There is now. I just need to post the updated kitting i'm still waiting on a few vendors to sort out their pricing.
[/quote]

Great! now loving this set a lot more.

Offline tzarc

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 23:12:25 »
... I just need to post the updated kitting ...

Just confirming -- tilde/backtick was added alphas, but did we get a 1U R3 pipe/backslash in one of the ortho kits?

Offline Mistah

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 00:00:12 »
Awesome set! I love how the purple ghost novelty does a better job than SA Dreameater's "ghost novelty" at paying homage to Gengar (even if it's unintentional). I've been looking to pick up a KAT set, and it looks like this might be the one  :D.

Could we have some clarification on what's actually fluorescent in this set? Is the purple as well? Also, are the non-latin alphas both green normally and fluorescent?

Also a separate request (and it's probably wayyy too late) but what are the chances that we could get green vim keys for this set at this point in time?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 00:02:39 by Mistah »

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:42:13 »
Are the green and purple spacebars in Omega kit (Spacebar kit) 6.25u?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:02:54 »
Awesome set! I love how the purple ghost novelty does a better job than SA Dreameater's "ghost novelty" at paying homage to Gengar (even if it's unintentional). I've been looking to pick up a KAT set, and it looks like this might be the one  :D.

Could we have some clarification on what's actually fluorescent in this set? Is the purple as well? Also, are the non-latin alphas both green normally and fluorescent?

Also a separate request (and it's probably wayyy too late) but what are the chances that we could get green vim keys for this set at this point in time?

I will have the update ready for monday, i've got someone doing renders for me to show how the GiD will work for each key.

All keys are made of Glow in the Dark plastic
The white areas are RAW GiD, every other area is printed.The Green and purple will still glow are varying brightnesses. I am still awaiting my samples being produced by keyreative but they have assured me theyve made a new batch of GiD plastic and im in the queue to get samples made and as soon as they are i will be doing many tests!

Offline fraymotif

« Reply #358 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 12:21:28 »
I notice the numpad kit is no longer on the post, is it still going to be offered? I've been keeping an eye on this set for a while, can't wait for August!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 12:27:40 »
I notice the numpad kit is no longer on the post, is it still going to be offered? I've been keeping an eye on this set for a while, can't wait for August!

There will 100% be a numpad kit in there ive quoted for it and the whole post will be getting an overhaul very soon!

Offline Milehammer

« Reply #360 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 21:56:21 »
I'll keep watching for all the new updates but count me in on this. I'm learning Korean right now so I've been dying to get my hands on a set with Hangul legends. 감사합니다!

Offline fons

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 04:53:59 »
Been following this IC for a while now, and I just noticed there is no "Ñ" key in the international set.

I know the pictures are not updated and there have been quite a few changes. But I wonder if there are any news about the lack of this key? Weird to see it missing since it's the only key needed for the second most spoken language in the world xD

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 08:51:58 »
I love the fact that this is Matrix themed.

I also like how the colors aren't completely - smack you in the face - bright.

The Rama caps really top it off also.

GLWS!

Mike

Offline su8044

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 18:24:16 »
Does anyone have any info if this plastic will glow under blacklight? i'm thinking of some per-key blacklight leds should make this pop even more

Offline bigern302

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 19:23:09 »
Does anyone have any info if this plastic will glow under blacklight? i'm thinking of some per-key blacklight leds should make this pop even more

+1.   If this works to perpetually create glow...WOW. Either way, this is a 100%buy for me.

Offline Itzbryan55

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 08:25:04 »
I'm just coming across this post but this set is absolutely a buy for me

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 12:00:36 »
All keys are made of Glow in the Dark plastic and will glow from under when charged from in board LED’s (blue works best) I will provide examples of this as soon as I receive my second round of samples.

Offline Aryeth_

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 14:14:16 »
Looks really nice !
I'd be interested to buy ^^

Offline Cantello

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 01:57:38 »
Is the devil-face enter (ISO & ANSI) fixed? I really like the set (and it will probably become my first KAT set) but this gives me absolutely no Cybersspace-vibe.

Offline 8BitLlama

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 23:11:25 »
Ohh very pretty set.

Will it be possible to get the accent colors from the normal ergo kit on the on the ergo blanks? Kind of disappointing they are replaced with normal black keys

Quick Edit: Rip missed that the GB is already announced, so I guess it's too late for something like that to change. Will definitely grab a few kits!

Offline Deemp

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 23:39:09 »
Is there any posibility for the base kit option for this?

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

Offline Git2Gether

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 14:34:39 »
Very nice! Even without the glow, I like the subtle hints of purple.  Is it possible to throw in split bars (2.25 + 2.75) in the base kit (if there is one)?  Or at least in the modifiers.

Offline prognostics

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 16:22:15 »
Excited for this set, looking forward to seeing the prices to figure out how many of the kits I'll be getting.  :D

Offline bmf

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 16:20:53 »
KAT Cyberspace

How come there is no green-on-black Roman alphas?

Also, why is there no tilde/backtick key in R4?

I do have to commend the fact that there is a PG UP and PG DN in R2 and R1 respectively.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 19:03:49 »
How come there is no green-on-black Roman alphas?

Also, why is there no tilde/backtick key in R4?

I do have to commend the fact that there is a PG UP and PG DN in R2 and R1 respectively.

There is an upcoming update that at the very least fixes the backtick issue, sit tight :)

Offline L8T

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 21:08:16 »
I dig it, i think it will look very nice on my NK65 Entry Edition. Will you be posting pictures of the sample before the GB? I'd like to see how it looks with and without GiD.

Offline riesz

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 03:21:26 »
Very nice looking set and I'll probably pick it up but the kana doesn't seem to work well in this font. They both look pretty scrambled. Likely gonna go with hangul even though I usually prefer kana.

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 07:24:11 »
Holy cow I want to get my hands on this so bad.. I'm a newbie to all of this so I may be overlooking something (and i'm sorry if i am!) But will this beauty not be available for purchase in Japan :(?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 16:27:50 »
Holy cow I want to get my hands on this so bad.. I'm a newbie to all of this so I may be overlooking something (and i'm sorry if i am!) But will this beauty not be available for purchase in Japan :(?
It will! I dont have a japanese specific vendor but zFrontier have a world wide store. If you have any recomendations for japanese vendors I'd be sure to reach out.

I dig it, i think it will look very nice on my NK65 Entry Edition. Will you be posting pictures of the sample before the GB? I'd like to see how it looks with and without GiD.
Samples are currently being made, keyreative made a new batch of glow in the dark plastic, I'm unsure of the timeline but i'll hopefully have pictures soon I do ask frequently.

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 21:42:19 »
It will! I dont have a japanese specific vendor but zFrontier have a world wide store. If you have any recomendations for japanese vendors I'd be sure to reach out.

Yay!! That's such good news :)) I sadly don't have any recommendations but if I hear anything i'll definitely reach out! I can't wait to get my mitts on these haha :) I love how it's sort of a different take on the 'cyberpunk' color palette, since most 'cyberpunk' palettes are super bright, in your face neons. These are muted to perfection and give sort of a moody cyber feel I adore it so much lol good luck until launch!!! :D

One last noobie question if you have time, will there be matching cables for the set?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 22:05:03 »

Yay!! That's such good news :)) I sadly don't have any recommendations but if I hear anything i'll definitely reach out! I can't wait to get my mitts on these haha :) I love how it's sort of a different take on the 'cyberpunk' color palette, since most 'cyberpunk' palettes are super bright, in your face neons. These are muted to perfection and give sort of a moody cyber feel I adore it so much lol good luck until launch!!! :D

One last noobie question if you have time, will there be matching cables for the set?
To me cyberpunk is "high tech low life" and thats what i tried to embody, I'm not sure where gearish neons came into it either haha. I'm glad you like the set! and thank you so much.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 08:31:53 »
hooly ****, hadn't checked in on the set in a while and just noticed there's a little anonymous novelty!  some way back in the thread i mentioned having an anonymous logo somewhere in the set (I think i suggested on the desk pad) would be super cool with this set...love this decision and can't wait to till the GB!!

Offline 100 percent horse

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 13:39:01 »
These are great - and if the pricing from the Discord sticks, they'll be truly special. Any projections on shipping date? Early Q2 2021?

Offline noobiekeymech

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:34:30 »
Love this.  I love the daylight, but just to check, does the green caps glow?  Or just the nightmode set?

Offline Dazon

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:35:23 »
several q's - im sorry if this has been asked before, but do the green/purple legends glow? also, when may pricing come?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2020, 15:54:14 by Dazon »

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 16:16:09 »
This IS EXACTLY what I was looking for. Just got into the hobby and was looking for something just like this!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline equalunique

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 13:12:56 »
What's your impression of the black Q sample key? I have worried that reverse dyesub may not stabd up to wear over time. Do you think it will? This might be a lot to ask, but would you be willing to cut a cross-section so we can see how deep the dye penetration is?

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 05:57:55 »
Still waiting for my first KAT set (not the GB runners fault btw), so I'm not even sure I'm going to like KAT, but this looks too good to pass up.

The GiD is a fun little touch, but personally, I fear it might be too much on the full green alphas. I might like it more without it.

That said, I might forgo the full green caps, which I think look super awesome, but the nightmode set looks really well done too. Might have to get both just because.

I do like how the double legend ones look better though. Is there a specific reason the Nightmode caps are in white fonts instead of the green?

Just asking beforehand, does the GiD dye sub cost extra? I guess I'll know a week from now on the stores, but still... And I do have some concerns with that rubbing off / wearing out over time.

I'm also feeling kind of forced to pickup more than one set here, because the Beta for instance doesn't have green space, but only dayglow does. The renders with a green bar and non-dayglow alphas look like an awesome combination. This set like many others kind of feel like you are required to go all in with it. Which I'm probably going to, but just saying. Are there production requirements as to why the kits are like this?

Thanks for running the groupbuy, I'll be happily ordering the 1st, bar some excessive costs for the kits.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 08:03:44 »
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. New Kitting, Renders and Pricing coming in the next 24 hours I'm on it. All of your concerns will be addressed. I promise you there will be no dye "rubbing off"

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 10:18:11 »
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. New Kitting, Renders and Pricing coming in the next 24 hours I'm on it. All of your concerns will be addressed. I promise you there will be no dye "rubbing off"
Great, I'm really looking forward to the GB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yilk81

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 11:14:16 »
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! Updatesssssss

Offline su8044

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 00:21:57 »
Hi, I'm not sure if its too late, but on the ergo set, the 1U R3 opening and closing brackets are not needed because there are already identical ones on the alpha sets. could they be changed for something like tabs and "+=" ?

Offline DerpyW0lf

« Reply #392 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 08:22:14 »

We never got the update?

Offline desipalen

« Reply #393 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 11:28:52 »
Unconventionally nice colors. I have just the case for them.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICES ADDED - LESS THAN A WEEK!
« Reply #394 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 18:43:11 »
Update is Finally here! Pricing has been added new everything really. Hope you like it guys see you in a week!
(yes Canadian and Australian pricing will be added when my respective vendors aren't too busy for me)

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICES ADDED - LESS THAN A WEEK!
« Reply #395 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 20:20:03 »
Update is Finally here! Pricing has been added new everything really. Hope you like it guys see you in a week!
(yes Canadian and Australian pricing will be added when my respective vendors aren't too busy for me)

:O is the TKL really $54.99 USD? same price as the mods

Offline woyaodapian

Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - LESS THAN A WEEK!
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 00:11:54 »
I assume the Alpha Raw does not glow at all right?

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 00:21:27 »
I assume the Alpha Raw does not glow at all right?

They'll actually have the most glow because they're raw glow in the dark plastic. (source: discord thread)

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 00:59:50 »
Ive never bought a Kat set before, is their production time shorter/similar to GMK?

Offline Yilk81

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 02:27:40 »
The Colevrak kit isn't in the pictures.

Love all the different kits and the prices! :)