Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Group Buy Live Now」  (Read 139859 times)

Offline Pach

Re: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 09:33:47 »
I have a feeling this would look very nice on a PC board

Offline Honey

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 13:50:57 »
agreeing with others, would love a bright blue escape along with icon+text mods whether in base or a separate kit. love this set.

Offline Karni

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 14:31:54 »
definitely interested in copping a base + 40s, would want a second b but not sure i'd pick up a spacebar set too

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:26:03 »
agreeing with others, would love a bright blue escape along with icon+text mods whether in base or a separate kit. love this set.

hope for that!

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:41:04 »
If you can add a novelty kit it will be great

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:01:31 »
novelties would be cool!  I'm in either way.  Much appreciated for doing a redux!

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:33:39 »
I've been looking at everyone's responses and they have been really helpful to me so far. I'll try to respond to all of the common questions right here, so if I missed anything, let me know.

Excited to see this to come back!

The only things I kind wish weren’t dropped from R1 were the F5-8 and Print-Scroll-Pause accents. And speaking of accents, you have an alpha colored escape but no accented one and that feels like a mix up?
I was trying to look for ways to slim the base kit, and those keys were one of the things I chose to cut out. As for the blue accented Esc that everyone keeps asking about, I just noticed that it's not accented in the render, and I'm not entirely sure why since what I have on my KLE was blue when I pulled it up just now. It definitely will be part of the final kit.

any chance to add the alpha colored short bars to the 40s kit?

I don't need literally 8 large spacebars....
A change I'm definitely looking at right now is cutting one of the 2u and 1.75u bars and replacing them with 2.25u and 2.75u bars, both alpha colored.

Any chance to include accent short spacebar in 40% kit?
I really don't want to make any kit larger than they need to be, but it will be considered since I know the accented spacebars are pretty popular with this kit.

Yes. Gimmie.

Also: Please swap the white Esc key for an accent in base.

Please consider: Changing the 1.5 R3 "function" key for an enter Icon for the Minivan. The 1.5 function key is really more for the Pearl Keyboard than anything. In this case I believe the Minivan trumps the Pearl in numbers.
I do want more feedback from 40% users, so it will probably be a considered change, but no guarantees yet.

Glad to see Shoko is coming back :D Have some kit feedback:
Thank you

Base Kit
This kit should cover all of the basic kits in question.
Show Image

Please consider adding R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn. With so many keys it would be a shame not to have those two.
You can probably drop the second 1u Ctrl and Alt. Or, you can drop the Ctrl but keep both 1u Alts and add a 1.5u Super to support Mac and HHKB layouts (1u Alt, 1.5u Super, 1.5u Function, 1u Alt).

I'll think about if I can add the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn, I'll probably drop the 1u Ctrls to help make up for that. I'll add a 1.5u Super.

Hiragana Kit
This is an alphas kit with mono hiragana legends, comes with an extra こ for Alice and an extra 1.75u shift and tab for extra versatility. That extra こ was totally not forgotten and photoshopped in last minute, but it will be in the final kit.
Show Image

How about changing the R4 む key to R4 ろ? The latter is completely missing from the kit at the moment, while the former is duplicated. is the extra key that JIS layouts have on R4, so it makes sense to use it as the extra R4 ISO key.

I see it in the JIS layout, so the R4 む key has been replaced with a R4 ろ key. There is a ろ in the kit already, but it was R1.

Spacebar Kit
Just some good ol' extra spacebars for accents or split spacebars. Extra B for Alice Users.
Show Image

That's too many 6u spacebars, if you ask me. In fact, I think you'd be fine just offering one (white, centered stem), in fact, or two at most (either one white centered, one white off-centered; or one white centered, one blue centered).

Cutting out the off-centered 6u spacebars is most likely going to be a change I'll make, it really is a lot of spacebars.
Responses are in bold, but I really appreciated the feedback.

guess i'll pick up a hiragana kit to add to my R1 kits. a bit off topic but are you still considering running in a different profile like MG, KAT, or MT3?
I'm not really sure if I'd do MT3 since I wasn't a huge fan with some of the Susuwatari legends and I'm not too confident on them doing reverse dye subs properly, I do enjoy the profile a ton, so it's still a possibility. KAT is a stronger possibility seeing how the KAT Arctic samples have turned out (they look wonderful) and I did enjoy it when I tried it at the LA meetup. MG, Muni seems to want to do their own colorways.

isn't the og icon for capslock a handbag? why no handbag ?
I don't like the handbag honestly, and the icon mod for Caps Lock last run was upside down shift, so it will stay that way.

I am seeing quite a bit of demand for the text+icon mods, so they very well may make a return in a form of an add-on kit much like the icon mods were in the original run if the demand continues. I hope I get more input from 40% users in the following days, since that's the territory I'm definitely most unfamiliar with. Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:38:25 »
thanks for the responses. ne keebtalk novelty this time? haha

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:57:17 »
Just an FYI, I think your 1u Super keys are off centered.

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 23:11:25 »
Another request for icon+text mods.

Offline gminso

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 00:43:06 »
Kono is already taking orders.

So, GB seems started yet IC is active. so confusing...

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:17:15 »
Hey, I have the first set and would love to see a re-run <3.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:27:18 »

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:34:34 »
lul kono

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:39:44 »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:16:06 »
"No accented ESC" is a dealbraker for me.
Seriously.
That teal is so nice. Keep it in the base pls OP.
Also: Kono's page doesn't have the Hiragana Kit.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:28:21 »
Responses are in bold, but I really appreciated the feedback.

I'm happy with those responses, thanks for reading. I hope those keys can make it in!

"No accented ESC" is a dealbraker for me.
Seriously.
That teal is so nice. Keep it in the base pls OP.
Also: Kono's page doesn't have the Hiragana Kit.

The accented Esc will be in the kit, read OP's response:
As for the blue accented Esc that everyone keeps asking about, I just noticed that it's not accented in the render, and I'm not entirely sure why since what I have on my KLE was blue when I pulled it up just now. It definitely will be part of the final kit.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:52:07 »
Thanks. That's good to know.

Offline AT

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 09:22:05 »
Very Much Interested !!!  :))

Offline twistitup

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 14:13:44 »
Kono is accepting orders, but for some reason the hiragana kit is not available. What's up with that?

Offline lunr

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 14:26:07 »
well.. that was quick.

Offline iammeuru

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 14:48:56 »
I like almost everything changed for R2. I don't particularly care for a hiragana set, but appreciate that even those aren't sublegends... GJ on the updates. Icons only would be better... I use my numpad, and the sublegends there are the only comlpaint I have on R1. I'd love to see a R3 Home key to match that R4 End key, but maybe I'm the only one out there who needs their home and end to be vertically adjacent to one another on 65s... Also, thank you so much for continuing to have a 1.5u bottom row FN key.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 15:52:39 »
GB up on kono?

Offline silverstreakz

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 15:55:05 »
Why is Kono Store having a group buy for this when the post says it's an IC?

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 15:58:46 »

Money coming in keeps the lights on? Im not being snarky, things are hard for lots of people right now.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 16:00:45 »

Probably GB post will be there soon.
I am still hoping for a couple of novelties... Price is a bit steep for the base ...
Anyway I will be buying

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:27:48 »
RaySasQuach, can you comment on:
1. Whether Kono is essentially rerunning R1 Shoko while we discuss R2 here, or whether the kits you decide here will be part of Kono's current group buy?
2. Whether there will be other vendors worldwide at this time?

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:30:41 »
So what's going on here- saw last night it went up and thought that was a mistake, but today got an email from Kono saying this is live (with the r1 render), it doesn't have hiragana kit or the planned text/icon?

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:36:03 »
So what's going on here- saw last night it went up and thought that was a mistake, but today got an email from Kono saying this is live (with the r1 render), it doesn't have hiragana kit or the planned text/icon?

Kono had discussed rerunning Shoko back in October of last year. Actually, they'd also discussed rerunning Camping while the Camping R2 interest check was going on for it to be run on Novelkeys. It's possible that this R2 interest check has no relation at all to Kono's current GB. Was why I'd wanted RaySasQuach to weigh in.

I'd like a set. I'd be good buying an R1 version if Kono was rerunning that. I'd be good buying an R2 version too! Sorta wanna know who to support.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:39:21 »
I'm so confused.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:52:06 »
Should also note that Kono has both R1 and R2 renders up on their page.

Offline fropsie

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:57:50 »
Yes.
This is what more sets need.
Mono alphas included in base, and mono alphas as a kit. This is amazing and a solid banger.
Sick renders too! Looking forward to this.

Offline jurisitum

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 20:59:01 »
Don't seems to see Hiragana Kit on Kono though.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 23:53:21 »
Okay just a minor update on the group buy on Kono, I am legitimately just as confused as everyone is at the moment. No one even notified me that the group buy will happen at the time it did, and as far as I'm aware Kono didn't notify the other vendors either. I'm fairly upset that the group buy launched in the state it did, because I still feel like the kits aren't fully complete and one kit is completely missing from the group buy too. I've been told they'll allow the Hiragana kit in R3/3rd Style, but I'm really shocked that it wasn't even in the group buy right now, because it was something proposed very early on along with all of the other kits. I'm also aware that there are some R1 renders up there too, which while some are accurate, some with the text+icon mods currently aren't in the kits' current state which I do find to be very misleading if the kits offered on Kono are the ones currently offered.

I've contacted Kono about this and I asked for a delay and that's currently still in the talks and I hope I can convince them to do so. I want to see this set be successful, since I love this set as much as the community does and I want to see a set and kits that everyone will be happy with. I know I wasn't the best at handling this and I will admit fault on some of this confusion, but I hope everyone here can stay patient with me for a bit longer.

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 00:41:40 »
RaySasQuach, thanks for writing. I'll hold off on joining and will wait for updates from you. From the perspective of the masses, your communication w the community seems great.

Offline Sigil

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 02:14:02 »

I've been told they'll allow the Hiragana kit in R3/3rd Style

This seems... thoroughly not-okay. "They'll allow" the kit in a future run? Why does Kono get to make decisions like this unilaterally? This isn't their keyset, right? They're not even the sole vendor. I've heard before that GMK wouldn't produce a keyset against the wishes of the original designer, is that not still the case?

Offline jurisitum

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 03:32:47 »
I'm thinking if i should be joining this GB for Base Set until 3rd Style (R3) to release Hiragana and do it as an addon or literally just wait it out.

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 03:54:21 »
Should look into talking to GMK about this. Kono can't just decide that GB starts now especially without your say and without the other vendors either. I'm sorry this is happening to you man :( best wishes going forward and hope it gets resolved.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 04:32:31 »
Makes me wonder as to if it is along the same drama as (mass)drop and input club and the halo switches. With Kono thinking they own the rights to this colourset or not.

Offline iammeuru

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 08:38:05 »
Eventually or hobby will be big enough that all that will matter is copyright law and deep pockets lawsuits re colorways, and it is impossible to own copyright of a set of colors this small AFAIK..  I'm not sure we are there yet though, and you might be able to fight them by going direct to GMK... Sorry this is happening to you, and I hope it gets resolved without further drama.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:29:46 »
Okay just a minor update on the group buy on Kono, I am legitimately just as confused as everyone is at the moment. No one even notified me that the group buy will happen at the time it did, and as far as I'm aware Kono didn't notify the other vendors either. I'm fairly upset that the group buy launched in the state it did, because I still feel like the kits aren't fully complete and one kit is completely missing from the group buy too. I've been told they'll allow the Hiragana kit in R3/3rd Style, but I'm really shocked that it wasn't even in the group buy right now, because it was something proposed very early on along with all of the other kits. I'm also aware that there are some R1 renders up there too, which while some are accurate, some with the text+icon mods currently aren't in the kits' current state which I do find to be very misleading if the kits offered on Kono are the ones currently offered.

I've contacted Kono about this and I asked for a delay and that's currently still in the talks and I hope I can convince them to do so. I want to see this set be successful, since I love this set as much as the community does and I want to see a set and kits that everyone will be happy with. I know I wasn't the best at handling this and I will admit fault on some of this confusion, but I hope everyone here can stay patient with me for a bit longer.

Yeah it is the right thing to do. I am still waiting for possible novelties!

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:44:28 »

I've been told they'll allow the Hiragana kit in R3/3rd Style

This seems... thoroughly not-okay. "They'll allow" the kit in a future run? Why does Kono get to make decisions like this unilaterally? This isn't their keyset, right? They're not even the sole vendor. I've heard before that GMK wouldn't produce a keyset against the wishes of the original designer, is that not still the case?

I concur to this, I too was shocked to see the group buy went live on Kono, and for a second I thought it was a revived project of Shoko R1 instead of R2; there are several things that are quite alarming to me -
  • "...Kono didn't notify the other vendors either"
  • "I've been told they'll allow the Hiragana kit in R3/3rd Style..."

I thought vendor(s) should be holding hands with the author of the kit to proceed to the GB phase when both parties communicated with each other thoroughly with all the necessary details. But as far as I can tell, this is pretty one sided and I feel very sorry for RaySasQuach. And "Allow" is a very strong word to assert ones dominance over a set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:46:51 by senryo »

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 16:01:03 »
+1 for icon only :D

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 17:24:05 »
You’d have to ask Emir this, but I believe Kono ran Nines again, called it R1.5, and Emir wasn’t involved. I had thanked Emir for having access to a salvun nines cap and he said he had nothing to do with it. Seems like we’ll have to wait for more details.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 17:33:04 »
I'm tempted to just buy-in right now, but if JP alphas are gonna be a thing I'll wait!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 20:51:35 »
More details pls

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 23:19:50 »

Kono had discussed rerunning Shoko back in October of last year. Actually, they'd also discussed rerunning Camping while the Camping R2 interest check was going on for it to be run on Novelkeys. It's possible that this R2 interest check has no relation at all to Kono's current GB. Was why I'd wanted RaySasQuach to weigh in.

I'd like a set. I'd be good buying an R1 version if Kono was rerunning that. I'd be good buying an R2 version too! Sorta wanna know who to support.

I will buy R1 if Kono is re-running. I prefer the mods.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 23:25:12 »

Wonder if Kono has Shoko R1 in stock? They should have bought many more than ordered by buyers

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 23:32:06 »

Likewise i'd rather get my hands on a R1 just due to the mods. But if not, I guess i'll settle with R2 mods.

Looking at it on the kono site it's R2 so the icon mods only.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 23:35:54 by Sycomore »

Offline Abec13

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 11:33:39 »
Wait wait wait woah woah.

The 40s kit doesn't include the MOST STANDARD mini Spacebars i.e. 225 and 275 which are needed for almost every board out there.

This means I would have to buy the $35 bars kit in addition to the $40 obscure kit... What gives?
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]