Author Topic: [IC]GMK Singularity - approaching event horizon  (Read 18985 times)

Offline spingo

Re: [IC] GMK Gravity Well - New IC - reaching the point of no return
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 00:10:58 »
...I really like the horizon kit so I think that should be in the base kit. I also think it'd be cool to see the alpha keys most immediately around the black hole (F T Y H B V) being even more stretched or manipulated to the point of being unrecognizable...

I've changed the kitting to allow everyone to choose their default color instead of forcing someone to buy the solar color-way. I may increase the spaghettification. I've tried a lot of variants of alpha warping and this one has been pretty favored. We'll see if that changes.

I really like the idea of having alt kitting for different color options for the distorted legends. Would love to see something with some pink maybe.

No promises on pink, but I do love me some pink. Earlier iterations had pink. Sorry about that.

Offline spingo

Re: [IC] GMK Gravity Well - Vendors and Novelty added
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 11:52:34 »
Update:
The Singularities kit didn't feel cohesive to the set. I liked some of the designs but it felt like a lot of bloat and I didn't like what it added to the set as a whole.
Consolidated Singularities kitting into the alpha sets to better fit the theme of the set and reduce costs.

Artisan designed by MVKB and produced by Salvun added.

Added list of current Vendors - still securing a US vendor.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2024, 21:18:14 by spingo »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: [IC] GMK Gravity Well - Added vendors and 1st novelty
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 14:04:02 »
I can't tell if this will look amazing on a split board, or it wont work at all. It might need a horizontal G; otherwise it wont look like the gravity well is between the boards, but on the left hand instead
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline XiXora

Re: [IC] GMK Gravity Well - Added vendors and 1st artisan
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 28 March 2024, 21:57:50 »
Don't think I minded the solar kit as a base kit if it kept at least one way cheaper as a kit.

One thing that maybe missing is one more 1u alt to complement those lovely 1.5u supers. :)

ISO novelty will be nice too… maybe it could be mixed up a little with the extra space given :)

Offline spingo

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 22:19:27 »
I can't tell if this will look amazing on a split board, or it wont work at all. It might need a horizontal G; otherwise it wont look like the gravity well is between the boards, but on the left hand instead

It kind of works.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 04:53:36 »
Show Image

It kind of works.

honestly it works even better than on a non-ergo

Offline XiXora

Re: [IC]GMK Singularity - approaching event horizon
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 09:01:41 »
Just noticed that 40s kit looks like it supports more than Van-style layout.
Doesn't it need an R2 1U backspace for the other keys to work?

Offline spingo

Re: [IC]GMK Singularity - approaching event horizon
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 09:19:57 »
Just noticed that 40s kit looks like it supports more than Van-style layout.
Doesn't it need an R2 1U backspace for the other keys to work?

There's a kitting expert I'll consult with. I don't know 40s too well but I finally want to get one. That cyberpunk quanchi IC is gorgeous!

Offline EUGeniusX1

Re: [IC] GMK Gravity Well - looking for criticism and feedback
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 18 April 2024, 14:04:49 »
I'm in for the arrow keys doing the Spider Man pointing at Spider Man meme. Oh, wait, I can do that now! Seriously though, I like where you're going with the set and would love to see it come to fruition with GMK or someone else. GLWIC. I also want to brag that now it's more convenient for me to perform computational tasks on the computer. I guess I don't need the help of https://essays.edubirdie.com/physics-help anymore, because typing on this keyboard is now really convenient.
Oh, I hadn't even considered the "arrow keys doing the Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme.Thanks for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 April 2024, 02:17:01 by EUGeniusX1 »

Offline fops

• 👍
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 April 2024, 20:30:06 »

Million dollar idea: split board where the G key is exploded into the center so that this set still works