Author Topic: Razer Mamba TE acceleration  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Naweo

Razer Mamba TE acceleration
« on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 13:06:18 »
Hello,

It feels like my new mamba TE has treshold at the very low movements where it decreases in speed with aceeleration, basically almost not moving at all when mouse is moving slowly. I am using an Artisan Shiden Kai mousepad, and the mouse tracks extremely nicely except for just that. It seems to show similar behaviour on my table, made of solid wood.

I compare the movements to my deathadder and inside a 3d FPS environment, and i have confirmed it is indeed negative acceleration but only at a very slow threshold like a "sniper dpi" thing.

How do I disable this so the movement is mostly compareable to a deathadder 2013?

Thanks!

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
Re: Razer Mamba TE acceleration
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 09:27:08 »
The Feature is called "Sensor Damping" (aka Dynamic CPI Scaling as dubbed by the community), it can only be adjusted with PLN2037,  not on the new iteration of the PTE, so  either deal with it or get something else.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 10:36:36 »
And what exactly does this do good for other than problems with mouse when moving slowly?

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 11:22:41 »
And what exactly does this do good for other than problems with mouse when moving slowly?

The problem with PTE is that it translates movement on the Z-Axis into X and Y because of the way it functions, it "touches" the surface instead of seeing it, which has lead to jittering cursors during slight vibrations(like subwoofers, Fans, etc.) and you can guess what people care more about, performance or convenience.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 14:08:50 »
I see. Thanks.