Author Topic: Post your Milestone posts here  (Read 743219 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Post your Milestone posts here
« Reply #4650 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 10:56:46 »
Since everyone and Microsoft are compiling kernels now I figured it was time for me to try. 

Took me almost 12 hours to create the packages in a clean VM with KVM, but now I have two Debian installations running 5.1.2.  woo

Offline fer.real

« Reply #4651 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 10:42:45 »
A humble hunnerd.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4652 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 22:11:37 »
A humble hunnerd.

Congrats :)

10% the way to a star, too!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4653 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:05:11 »
I am finally done grade 9!!

Math was hell, but at least i passed with a 66%.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4654 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 07:52:34 »

Damn man. Congratulations. But this made me feel old as hell. And remember that not everyone here is the same age as me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 July 2019, 13:37:42 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4655 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 12:07:18 »

Oh damn, I always assume that people taking exams are college-aged for some reason.  :))  Like funderburker, I need to be reminded that not everyone is even close to the same age as me, lol. 

Congrats!  Enjoy your summer, assuming you've got a bunch of free time.  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4656 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 16:36:05 »
Oh look, 21000 posts again.

Are post counts still a thing?

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4657 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 16:37:10 »

(Attachment Link)

congrats rowdy!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4658 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 18:50:38 »
gah-dang that's a lot of posts

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #4659 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 21:58:04 »

(Attachment Link)
“Posts again”?  What happened?  Did you get penalised for ****posting or for telling bad jokes like this one
Where do sharks go on holiday?Finland.

;D ;D ;D
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4660 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 22:12:53 »

(Attachment Link)
“Posts again”?  What happened?  Did you get penalised for ****posting or for telling bad jokes like this one
Where do sharks go on holiday?Finland.

;D ;D ;D

Nah - someone recalculated everyone's posts and we all lost a bunch.

I did get past 22112 at one stage, and was able to use my little peom that I had stored up for years, just waiting for that special moment.  Now I get to use it again, eventually.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4661 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 10:47:38 »

Welcome to geekhack, where the posts are made up and the yada yada yada. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4662 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 10:57:21 »

OT posts should count ..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4663 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 11:40:12 »

OT posts should count ..

Show Image

All off topic except tp4 posts should count. 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4664 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 12:09:17 »

OT posts should count ..

Show Image

Hoffman has been very active here lately.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4665 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 12:29:18 »

OT posts should count ..

Show Image

/Gasp.....  Profiling Tps..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4666 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 22:04:42 »

Heh, thanks!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4667 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 03:21:17 »
6500! Must get to that 10k one day. :P

Im happy to of been here since back when it was just Click Clack, Bro Caps, and Binge. Exciting stuff!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4668 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 21:58:34 »

Im happy to of been here since back when it was just Click Clack, Bro Caps, and Binge. Exciting stuff!

Happy times indeed!

Not suggesting, of course, that the current times are not happy.  Or any less happy than the times we had back then.

Or that the times that those that came before us had before we joined were any happier than the times we had, or the times that we are all having now.

I'll stop now.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #4669 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 21:59:49 »

Happy times indeed!

Not suggesting, of course, that the current times are not happy.  Or any less happy than the times we had back then.

Or that the times that those that came before us had before we joined were any happier than the times we had, or the times that we are all having now.

I'll stop now.

The times were, are, and will be, happy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4670 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 09:22:18 »
11k01
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4671 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:53:20 »
I just remembered that I missed my 10 year GH anniversary.

Where has all the time gone...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4672 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:30:31 »

Nowhere.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4673 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 22:15:15 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4674 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 22:16:12 »

Very congrats!

I just missed by 7 year anniversary, fwiw.

The keyboard landscape has changed a great deal in such a relatively short period of time.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4675 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 09:13:18 »
My 6th year anni today  :eek:

I might not post as much as I used to, but I read the threads everyday.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4676 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 09:51:09 »

Congrats!!  :D  Glad to see you're still around.  :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4677 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 09:53:43 »

Congrats!!  :D  Glad to see you're still around.  :)

Thank you Sir  :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4678 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 19:15:47 »
I remember when I first joined GH, I didn't even have a mechanical keyboard. First IBM I bought was an M4-1, with "buckling sleeves" (aka basically a rubber dome) but it wasn't shortly after that I bought my first mechanical, a TG-3 BL84, the non-cop edition that had no trackpad. It had a rubber sleeve protector on it, which with the MX Blacks was just too much actuation force, so I removed the protector.

Then I realized I hated linear switches and got a cheap Ducky w/ MX Blues. Since then, been nothing but clicky (or at least very tactile) for me.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4679 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 22:25:00 »

Congrats!

A lot of us don't post as often these days.  but many still checkin from time to time to see what's happening.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #4680 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 00:58:08 »
:cool: 1337 :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4681 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 02:22:06 »

Show Image

lulz congrats :D

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #4682 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 09:00:35 »
229702-0

My 1000th post sure was a gem.

Wish I would have stayed under 1k tbh.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4683 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 09:20:08 »
I never understood this stuff. Years ago I was up to something like 7K posts, then it dropped way down, built up again, and dropped again. Perhaps it partially resets after major crashes?
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #4684 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 09:43:38 »
I never understood this stuff. Years ago I was up to something like 7K posts, then it dropped way down, built up again, and dropped again. Perhaps it partially resets after major crashes?

There was some purge of a large amount of posts at some point I remember. I should be at closer to 1300 posts, maybe more because of it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4685 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 10:07:03 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89926.msg2443243.msg#2443243

There have been at least two 'recounts' or post count resets that I can think of, basically posts that once 'counted' no longer do, due to deletion or change of subforum status (counting vs not).

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4686 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 11:39:48 »

There have been at least two 'recounts' or post count resets that I can think of, basically posts that once 'counted' no longer do, due to deletion or change of subforum status (counting vs not).

To further clarify, I did also clean up some subforum settings that were inconsistent back in June.  If you posted in a lot of Marketplace subforums your post count may have changed since then. 

There's some amount of mystery to it though, as far as when the system actually triggers a recount.  There was a huge event a couple years back when the site migrated to the new servers, which is the one most people are aware of.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #4687 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 12:00:47 »

To further clarify, I did also clean up some subforum settings that were inconsistent back in June.  If you posted in a lot of Marketplace subforums your post count may have changed since then. 

There's some amount of mystery to it though, as far as when the system actually triggers a recount.  There was a huge event a couple years back when the site migrated to the new servers, which is the one most people are aware of.

Can I have my post count cleaned to 999, and then frozen though, this is the real question.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4688 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 13:19:12 »

Can I have my post count cleaned to 999, and then frozen though, this is the real question.

No

What I can do is set it to 8,008,135, which the system can't handle, and will display as "I am a geek!!"

I call it "The Havlerson"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4689 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 13:21:29 »
cheaters
I love Elzy

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #4690 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 17:46:21 »

No

What I can do is set it to 8,008,135, which the system can't handle, and will display as "I am a geek!!"

I would gladly dawn this crown of thorns.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4691 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 11:59:07 »

I mean not to flex, but i got this on a membrane keyboard.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4692 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 02:44:25 »
Show Image

Seems like you've been training! Bravo, I ain't even close to that. I think you should get a mechanical keyboard though, people say that it improves typing accuracy and feels. Don't know if that's true, have no experience with mechs...
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4693 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 11:24:25 »
Show Image

Seems like you've been training! Bravo, I ain't even close to that. I think you should get a mechanical keyboard though, people say that it improves typing accuracy and feels. Don't know if that's true, have no experience with mechs...

I do have a mechanical keyboard, but it wouldn't work with these PCs since these are wireless.

I do type a bit slower, but maybe it's because i'm not used to a mechanical keyboard.

I've been training four years, constantly every day excepting on the weekends. That's how i've got that fast.

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #4694 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 10:07:34 »
1 ticket to the big leagues pls

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 March 2020, 10:09:05 by biothermal »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4696 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 18:58:00 »

No

smh mod aboos
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4697 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:09:21 »

No

smh mod aboos

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4698 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:22:37 »

No

smh mod aboos

Show Image

miss u bb

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #4699 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:26:17 »
No

Er, strange flex, but OK.
We all love you Hoff!
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 14:22:56 by Snowdog993 »