Author Topic: [HELP] What screws are being used on the back of Jetfire Duck?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
[HELP] What screws are being used on the back of Jetfire Duck?
« on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 06:08:07 »
Hello dear GH,

So I got a Duck Jetfire Korean custom keyboard from Nathans Giveaway. It has some screws damaged and stuck in the holes, I would like to know if there are some of you out there who owns or know what screws are used on the keyboard so I know what to replace with or what to use to remove the broken ones.

Thank you so much in advance!

-F.L.

Offline tadget

Re: [HELP] What screws are being used on the back of Jetfire Duck?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:49:40 »
Hey,

Did you ever figure out what screws they were? I have to open up my Duck Jetfire that I bought built from someone else and can't for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the back three screws.

Offline Maledicted

Re: [HELP] What screws are being used on the back of Jetfire Duck?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 18:33:35 »
Hello dear GH,

So I got a Duck Jetfire Korean custom keyboard from Nathans Giveaway. It has some screws damaged and stuck in the holes, I would like to know if there are some of you out there who owns or know what screws are used on the keyboard so I know what to replace with or what to use to remove the broken ones.

Thank you so much in advance!

-F.L.

With really stuck screws, what I like to do is, first and foremost, make sure you have a bit or driver that perfectly fits the screw you're trying to remove. Then I apply a lot of downward pressure on the screw to help prevent slippage, and slowly turn, making sure to prevent stripping of the head. If the head is already stripped, then you may have to either try to drill the heads off, take the case apart, then use some pliers to unscrew what remains of the screws, or try one of those screw removal tools they make for drills.

To find the proper screws, all you should have to do is remove one of the screws that you can get out, take it to a hardware store, and figure out the threading by gently trying to screw it into a threading tool they should have in their hardware section. I like doing this at Ace Hardware or Fleet Farm, if you have either of those around. Then you just have to find a screw with matching threading, a head that will fit down the hole, and as close to the same length as you can find.