Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220867 times)

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 14:42:06 »
62g Ergo Clears with SA Hyperfuse is my plan

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 16:25:02 »
I think I plan on holtites for both PCBs, so I can change layouts and change plates if I decide I don't like one or the other. Although I guess I could just do holtites on one PCB and swap the plates on the same PCB...

Probably start w/ silent blacks on SS, and 78g zeals on polycarb (Hopefully Elton got my mail to change the 2nd plate to plastic).

Keycaps, no idea... have so many on order I've lost track :D

Offline SundayPunch

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 19:38:45 »
I have a bunch of vintage cherry blacks I desoldered from a board I pulled out of e-waste, think I'm going to holtite the PCB and give them a go. I was never a fan of linear switches until I tried silent reds, so I think my problem was more with the actuation force than the linear feel. See how I go with the heavier blacks.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 10:13:15 »
I'm going all black Lightsaver, SS plate, heavy spring (not sure what yet) vintage blacks and hopefully Keyboard & Co. GMK set :dogepls:

Offline yookwh

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 11:59:30 »
What springs and lubes were you thinking? I'm probably going vintage black, maybe swap housings for Zealios, stickered. But this is my first time going with linears

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #305 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 12:00:46 »
What springs and lubes were you thinking? I'm probably going vintage black, maybe swap housings for Zealios, stickered. But this is my first time going with linears

Stick with the stock vintage housings IMO and go with thin switch lube.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 12:08:04 »

How's the GH4 thick lube (Applying a little bit) for vintages?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 20:45:15 »
i've been reading through and saw no mention so i'm doubting it... but are these going to be numbered/serial in any way?
-Dana

Offline Perfex

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 21:41:49 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 June 2019, 21:05:52 by Perfex »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 21:44:00 »

How's the GH4 thick lube (Applying a little bit) for vintages?

That won't work you'll really want thin lube.

i've been reading through and saw no mention so i'm doubting it... but are these going to be numbered/serial in any way?

No

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 21:58:53 »
I'll be sticking to my tried & true MX Browns, last time I used MX Black in any variant was on my Deck 82 back in 2005... all I remember is they wore my hands out.

to each his own. I love my 'cappuchino' setup which are Gateron Browns w/ 67g springs. Very solid a smooth, essentially what a Zealio is.
-Dana

Offline Wicky

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 05:36:46 »
Judging by the Viper gb, acryllic diffuser inserts for the two side led areas won't be included right? How would one go about getting something like that? Also, it seems like there's space in the bottom housing for a detachable weight. Does that generally get made by others in the community and not by Duck? I'm new to the custom/high-end side of mechanical keyboards so I apologize if I sound oblivious.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline boo

« Reply #312 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 11:17:39 »
Judging by the Viper gb, acryllic diffuser inserts for the two side led areas won't be included right? How would one go about getting something like that? Also, it seems like there's space in the bottom housing for a detachable weight. Does that generally get made by others in the community and not by Duck? I'm new to the custom/high-end side of mechanical keyboards so I apologize if I sound oblivious.

Usually there are 3 acrylic diffusers included.

One for left, one for right, and one for front. The viper GB was special because people were using screw in type stabilizer instead of a traditional clip on style. The screw stuck out more from the PCB and made contact with the acrylic diffuser, thus people made new ones to accommodate the screw.

Duck made new designs of the diffuser to accommodate the screw now.

Also the weight is made by community members, specifically Merlin is well known for providing weights for Duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 11:34:02 »
Terribly sorry for maybe not being able to read. but...

Is there a proposed shipping date somewhere?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #314 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 12:03:49 »
if you go off the viper/eagle buy... that was started at the end of November, the first boards were shipped March 13th. Mind you there was some delays but stlll thats a reasonable expectation that we should see first shipment around middle to end of Sept.
-Dana

Offline Atredl

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 12:21:10 »

Are you talking about the the long thin diffusers that go around the perimeter of the case or the two "grip" cutouts on the bottom sides of the case?

Offline Petch

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 12:26:54 »
If it's not too late, I'd like to make a small amendment and add a second pcb/plate - I've emailed the contact address with verification and the changes I'd like

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #317 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 13:19:10 »
if you go off the viper/eagle buy... that was started at the end of November, the first boards were shipped March 13th. Mind you there was some delays but stlll thats a reasonable expectation that we should see first shipment around middle to end of Sept.
Thank you very much

Offline Ultraman

« Reply #318 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 13:47:19 »
Anyone around the Asia region willing to assemble this for me? My soldering skills are brutal and rather not ruin this damn  :-X

Offline Wicky

« Reply #319 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 14:47:22 »

Are you talking about the the long thin diffusers that go around the perimeter of the case or the two "grip" cutouts on the bottom sides of the case?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the two cutouts on the bottom sides of the case. This

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 May 2017, 15:18:19 by Wicky »
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #320 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 16:42:25 »
Anyone around the Asia region willing to assemble this for me? My soldering skills are brutal and rather not ruin this damn  :-X

if you are in Singapore, I would be able to help.

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #321 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 20:06:06 »
Awaiting invoice. When do invoices get sent?

Offline yookwh

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 20:08:05 »
I mean, it says May 28th on the first page  :rolleyes:

Offline Ultraman

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 21:22:21 »

I'm in Thailand. Is that alright?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 23:21:37 »

I'm in Thailand. Is that alright?

You Could always try to see if anyone local could help you? Like a local metal shop or even a thai MK group? Otherwise you might have to ship it out to the person.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
[GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #325 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 03:28:23 »

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the two cutouts on the bottom sides of the case. This
Show Image

I believe these were an optional bottom add on called duck feet, but I think the last time they were offered was during the Octagon v2 GB (3 duck board GBs ago before Eagle/Viper and Blackbird).

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 11:47:24 »

Show Image

I believe these were an optional bottom add on called duck feet, but I think the last time they were offered was during the Octagon v2 GB (3 duck board GBs ago before Eagle/Viper and Blackbird).

Correction, these are the duck feet: http://duck0113.tistory.com/125. They were intended to be used with a flat acrylic bottom.

I believe Wicky is asking about the acrylic windows which haven't been offered in quite some time.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 13:57:23 »
Please email me for any further changes on your orders by tomorrow. I will be updating the spreadsheet to reflect final prices before I start to invoice.

All outstanding emails will be replied by tomorrow as well.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #328 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:09:45 »
Hi Elton, I sent an email awhile ago to change the colors from silver to black for both top and bottom. Just wanted to make sure you received that email; otherwise, I'll just resend it. Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:27:51 »

This supports ISO and LSV2 doesn't? Looks like I'm not gonna get an ISO Lighstaver ever. RIP my life. Could really do with a PCB and plate to put in my V2 (if it will fit) so I can get it in ISO.

Also a five day deadline from GB opening to ordering closed is bull **** IMO
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #330 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:50:09 »

Why? Could have been an hour too, wouldn't have made a difference since it sold out in 95 seconds.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #331 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 15:02:54 »

Really? Don't see the issue. The IC thread was up for over a month so you knew it was coming. 

Offline yookwh

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 15:14:55 »

Really? Don't see the issue. The IC thread was up for over a month so you knew it was coming.

Not necessarily. I followed the IC for awhile. The GB link just showed up one random night, and we were then told later that the link would be up at 6pm that same day. I was lucky enough to have followed this, but I'm sure there were plenty of people who missed out because of the sudden appearance of the GB, despite following the IC thread

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #333 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 15:19:36 »
How long does duck pcb last? I might want to get extra pcb just incase it breaks or i destroy it while soldering

Thanks

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #334 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 17:24:39 »
Please email me for any further changes on your orders by tomorrow. I will be updating the spreadsheet to reflect final prices before I start to invoice.

Also sent a change request on Saturday, hope it got through!

Thanks

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #335 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 17:32:03 »
If anyone want to drop off, please let me know! I might wanna have black case though!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #336 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:05:56 »

Show Image

Correction, these are the duck feet: http://duck0113.tistory.com/125. They were intended to be used with a flat acrylic bottom.

I believe Wicky is asking about the acrylic windows which haven't been offered in quite some time.

Ah okay you're right! Confused the two. Either one haven't been offered for some time I believe though.

Offline Azzures

• ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
« Reply #337 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 20:24:59 »
Hi Elton, I also sent an email recently to change the top case color from silver to black. Just wanted to make sure you got it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #338 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 21:14:56 »
Has anyone here done hotlite swapping on Duck's recent PCB's? Or know anyone who has?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:36:14 »
Hi Elton, I also sent an email recently to change the top case color from silver to black. Just wanted to make sure you got it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

He should be getting back to you tomorrow.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:52:14 »

This supports ISO and LSV2 doesn't? Looks like I'm not gonna get an ISO Lighstaver ever. RIP my life. Could really do with a PCB and plate to put in my V2 (if it will fit) so I can get it in ISO.

First: It does support ISO, why is noone reading the first post?

Second: You had more than enough time to decide to jump on this GB or not and now you're complaining about information that could be found in the first place? Not even mentioning the IC...

If I misunderstood you please do correct me

Offline maximm

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:53:05 »
If anyone want to drop off, please let me know! I might wanna have black case though!

There is a waiting list of 30 people before you. You can try r/MM if you feel lucky later.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 04:21:51 »

There is a waiting list of 30 people before you. You can try r/MM if you feel lucky later.

Be Prepared to pay a though

Offline yookwh

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:11:18 »

Show Image

Second: You had more than enough time to decide to jump on this GB or not and now you're complaining about information that could be found in the first place? Not even mentioning the IC...

Just FYI, he was saying how LSv2 didn't support ISO and how this one did.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:21:07 »

Show Image

Just FYI, he was saying how LSv2 didn't support ISO and how this one did.
Oh my, thanks for clarification. Totally misunderstood :(

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:38:12 »

You mean the 30 people at the google sheet numbered after 100?
That was a waiting list?  :))
Sigh....Still.... whoever wants to get your money back for any reason.... please let me know.... I'd be really happy to

Offline Atredl

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:53:38 »

Sigh....Still.... whoever wants to get your money back for any reason.... please let me know.... I'd be really happy to

Pretty sure Elton doesn't transfer orders that way. It would be a spit in the face to people on the waiting list who have higher priority. We haven't even gotten our invoices yet; there's no money to get back since we haven't paid.

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:27:36 »

Pretty sure Elton doesn't transfer orders that way. It would be a spit in the face to people on the waiting list who have higher priority. We haven't even gotten our invoices yet; there's no money to get back since we haven't paid.

Is there an another waiting list that I don't know about?.. I know invoice hasn't been sent yet but was meaning when someone want to be dropped off..

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:36:10 »

Is there an another waiting list that I don't know about?.. I know invoice hasn't been sent yet but was meaning when someone want to be dropped off..

There was a limit of 100 boards. Elton cut off taking orders at 130 people. So if any of the first 100 drop off the next person on the list of 101-130 gets a chance.

There is no way to get on the waiting list at this point. It would be pointless anyway since it's unlikely more than a couple of people are going to drop off.

Edit:  Had he kept the order form open, we'd probably have a waiting list that was 150 deep by now....
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:39:36 by ChitownM2 »

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:45:42 »
I want to say that there might be a chance of people on the waiting list actually getting orders too. For Octagon V2, there was another run of 30, and I think people on the waitlist had first chance to grab the board.