Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 165242 times)

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #1050 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:33:02 »
Can the people who support him at least be honest and just admit that they have no idea what his policies are and that even if they did they would care for them, but that the only reason they back him is because he's against Mexicans? :p

A bit like Brexiteers really don't ACTUALLY give a crap aboutany economical aspects (all of which are negative anyway) but just don't like Eastern Europeans and are willing to take a monetary loss for it? 

I mean come on, if you're going to back a fascist at least have the guts to admit you are in fact a racist and that keeping out immigrants is your number one priority by far. You owe yourself and everybody else that much at least.

Besides, his two main election points - building a wall and throwing Hilary Clinton in jail - didn't exactly, you know, happen :p .

Nope, all for show, just like everything else the con man in chief has ever accomplished in his life. He didn't change one bit from the nonsense he pulled on The Apprentice. Anti-establishment candidate my foot. I also read The Making of Donald Trump, and it goes into this crook's shady past as well. His whole family is corrupt and insane, and goes back well before Fred Trump's time, a scumbag in his own right.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline abrahamstechnology

« Reply #1051 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:51:40 »

I mean come on, if you're going to back a fascist at least have the guts to admit you are in fact a racist and that keeping out immigrants is your number one priority by far. You owe yourself and everybody else that much at least.

I don't see how maintaining an already-existing border is racist, nearly every country has customs. Not trying to start a fight but I think there are more important issues than a few fences being put up. Don't really see any actual evidence of him being racist either.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1052 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 02:01:01 »

I don't see how maintaining an already-existing border is racist, nearly every country has customs. Not trying to start a fight but I think there are more important issues than a few fences being put up. Don't really see any actual evidence of him being racist either.
Neither of those are the same as what I said before ;) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1053 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 10:41:33 »
Eeh, I don't care about his tweets or the stupid Russian conspiracy theory, just glad for the economy improvements and tax cuts.

Just noting that the economy "improvements" are mostly spillover from the previous administration, and the tax cuts have turned out to be mainly filtering to the top earners and corporations.  So far this tax season I've noticed the average middle-class taxpayer is saving about 10%, while those in the higher brackets are saving anywhere from 30% to 45%, depending on their income level and situation.  Corporations are saving literally billions of dollars as well, but instead of passing those savings on as they had stated they'd do, corporate stock buy-backs have increased immensely while wages have stayed mainly stagnant.

So yes, while taxes are pretty much down across the board, the tax savings are disproportionately going to the rich who are just using that to increase their personal wealth.  Surprise, trickle-down fails again!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

« Reply #1054 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:38:18 »
Any cuts are good cuts IMO. Not jealous if some happen to get more. We'll likely see more if more government waste is cut.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1055 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:08:46 »
Any cuts are good cuts IMO. Not jealous if some happen to get more. We'll likely see more if more government waste is cut.

The government needs funding to operate, so no, not all cuts are good cuts.  As critics of the bill stated when it passed, the savings in the bill are disproportionately going to corporations and high-wage earners, meanwhile Trump just proposed a record-high budget of $4.75 trillion for 2020, with yet another increase in military spending (an almost 250% increase from 2001) and yet more cuts to social programs like education and Medicare.  So more funding for the DoD, an entity notorious for government bloat and waste, and cuts to some of the most cost effective areas of the government like Medicare and of course, the IRS.  A basic understanding of budgeting would show that less revenue + more expenses = bad news.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

« Reply #1056 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:42:28 »
All in all, I think we should just give him a chance. It's not like there is any good competition at the moment anyway.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1057 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 17:28:53 »

yet more cuts to social programs like education and Medicare

Every other developed country in the understands that education and scientific research are the best and most efficient investments that government can make.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #1058 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 18:07:03 »
All in all, I think we should just give him a chance. It's not like there is any good competition at the moment anyway.

I don't think you USAers have any choice about giving him a chance. Hes already in the hot seat driving that super yacht you call government.

BUCKLE UP BUCKAROOS.

« Reply #1059 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 19:09:45 »

I don't think you USAers have any choice about giving him a chance. Hes already in the hot seat driving that super yacht you call government.

BUCKLE UP BUCKAROOS.
Sounds fun!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 19:30:21 »
Sigh... y'all still complaining about Trump..

To use a TV analogy.

Let's say you use the worst quality video player, Windows Trump Media Player.

It renders a bad image, lies about the meta-data, and outputs to the TV.

OK..  This is obvioiusly no good.

However, the TV also has its own idea of what THAT image should look like, and it WILL do whatever it wants with the input signal.

And so in the end, however bad or Good the input signal from however bad or Good the Windows Trump Media Player,    The final image is NOTHING like we'd thought it, and is neither guaranteed to be Good OR Bad.

The same is the case if we use Obama Media Player Classic HillaryClinton,  It outputs a much more accurate and Better image, But in the end, the TV (industry at large)  STILL does whatever it wants, and cut taxes for the rich, while stealing from the middle class.

This is the nature of man,  An Incomplete and imperfect processing of signals..  No one is fundamentally Evil, we're just bandwidth and processing starved.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1061 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 20:38:36 »
All this talk of a wall because they took our jarbs.. meanwhile: also happening rapidly in the west..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1062 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:11:02 »
All this talk of a wall because they took our jarbs.. meanwhile: also happening rapidly in the west..

Show Image

Robot maintenance jobs

all these bots are hand assembled.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1063 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:35:46 »

Show Image

Robot maintenance jobs

all these bots are hand assembled.

For all the people that are fine with reading the maintenance manual(s).  How many decades before the maintenance robots are up for the job?

No one wants to think about it yet the technology keeps advancing..

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:38:29 »

Show Image

I wonder if it ever occurred to the systems design engineer that if he lined up the conveyor belt with the table he wouldn’t need one or perhaps both of those robots.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:53:57 »

Show Image

I wonder if it ever occurred to the systems design engineer that if he lined up the conveyor belt with the table he wouldn’t need one or perhaps both of those robots.

I guess damaged packages will still be a thing judging by the way both robots are working together to handle the mechandise.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 23:02:36 »
I for one welcome Skynet.

Hey Skynet see i have been supporting you since 2019.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1067 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 09:20:32 »
I for one welcome Skynet.

Hey Skynet see i have been supporting you since 2019.

Tp4 haz Skynet membership since 1996

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #1068 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:03:15 »
Discussing politics anymore is a waste of time, people are so dug into their beliefs on either side that you might as well be in an echo chamber. It's not that you shouldn't challenge your ideas but people are so tied to their opinions that any conflicting idea cuts them personally. And with all social media, this effect is only compounded because you are further conditioned to believe that your (everyone's) narrowly educated viewpoint is somehow important. It's good for finding out what ads to run to you, that's about it.

If the argument that what we're experiencing now is spillover from previous presidents, then that can apply across the board for all achievements, because we all know change takes time. And frankly I don't see the evidence that that is true, only that Obama has cost the taxpayers a **** ton of money as well in different ways. No difference.

I'd rather have a bloated DoD ready to fight, rather than rely on other foreign countries' help, who can't even do their fair share. Thankfully, our role as world police is supposed to lessen. Plus, with the economy doing "better", there are less available recruits and less young people these days are capable of military service anyway due to obesity etc. So if you can't have a "large" fighting force I would imagine there is a belief that you spend the money to have a more "quality" existing one. Obviously there are going to be outliers.

As for the border, I'm all for it. I don't think it's racist one bit. It's circumstance that it's that the people on the other side are Mexican. If there was another white country or whatever filled with crime or cartels there would be a border there too. I don't buy for one second that "seeking" a better life elsewhere is a smart move, what happens when this country goes to ****? We all migrate to Canada, leaving trashed wastelands and failed infrastructure? But then again, I'm a believer in personal responsibility and what must be done, must be done; regardless of the heightened emotions.

I think a better option would be sponsorship programs, so that the people that really believe in that kind of thing can have hands on care of a family or whatever; invite them into their houses and share space with them; provide for them. It's a win for everyone, the burden is on those who opt for it and less if none on others.

I find it interesting though for as many complaints people have about how we're not getting paid enough, want to raise minimum wage etc, can't get a decent job, they want to invite more people in to dilute the workforce and lessen wages even further. Regardless, corporations are going to be corporations. That's the enemy if there is one, but people are too caught up in convenience etc.

TL;DR: Reality is what it is; all the huff-n-puff is unnecessary. We're stuck with what we got unless you want to do something illegal, and if that's the case you're just as disgusting as those you reproach.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:41:56 »
Discussing politics anymore is a waste of time, people are so dug into their beliefs on either side that you might as well be in an echo chamber. It's not that you shouldn't challenge your ideas but people are so tied to their opinions that any conflicting idea cuts them personally. And with all social media, this effect is only compounded because you are further conditioned to believe that your (everyone's) narrowly educated viewpoint is somehow important. It's good for finding out what ads to run to you, that's about it.

If the argument that what we're experiencing now is spillover from previous presidents, then that can apply across the board for all achievements, because we all know change takes time. And frankly I don't see the evidence that that is true, only that Obama has cost the taxpayers a **** ton of money as well in different ways. No difference.

I'd rather have a bloated DoD ready to fight, rather than rely on other foreign countries' help, who can't even do their fair share. Thankfully, our role as world police is supposed to lessen. Plus, with the economy doing "better", there are less available recruits and less young people these days are capable of military service anyway due to obesity etc. So if you can't have a "large" fighting force I would imagine there is a belief that you spend the money to have a more "quality" existing one. Obviously there are going to be outliers.

As for the border, I'm all for it. I don't think it's racist one bit. It's circumstance that it's that the people on the other side are Mexican. If there was another white country or whatever filled with crime or cartels there would be a border there too. I don't buy for one second that "seeking" a better life elsewhere is a smart move, what happens when this country goes to ****? We all migrate to Canada, leaving trashed wastelands and failed infrastructure? But then again, I'm a believer in personal responsibility and what must be done, must be done; regardless of the heightened emotions.

I think a better option would be sponsorship programs, so that the people that really believe in that kind of thing can have hands on care of a family or whatever; invite them into their houses and share space with them; provide for them. It's a win for everyone, the burden is on those who opt for it and less if none on others.

I find it interesting though for as many complaints people have about how we're not getting paid enough, want to raise minimum wage etc, can't get a decent job, they want to invite more people in to dilute the workforce and lessen wages even further. Regardless, corporations are going to be corporations. That's the enemy if there is one, but people are too caught up in convenience etc.

TL;DR: Reality is what it is; all the huff-n-puff is unnecessary. We're stuck with what we got unless you want to do something illegal, and if that's the case you're just as disgusting as those you reproach.

The presidency is more like a BRAND of keyboard.

You can have a good brand make a Bad keyboard, just as you can have a bad brand make a Good keyboard.  Talking about brand and belief is not as meaningful as discussing the end product.

___

Understanding the DOD and Money

People misunderstand how money works. It's just a piece of paper that's printed. The primary owners (leaders) of the world Print money to Compel Some-Action that they deem to be a worthwhile pursuit.

It does not matter how Much Money is consumed or spent on something,  what we REALLY expend is HUMAN LIVES. We utilize HUMANS and convert them INTO PRODUCT.   Just as we convert FOOD into -More Humans-.

Now, The DOD is problematic In Full,  because the current most time consuming and costly project, Super-Carriers + Manned Flight Objects, is fundamentally useless in a Real War..  Given the guided missile tech of moderna,  Carriers and Carrier groups are giant targets,  Any of the countries that the United States would consider a threat can easily defeat Carriers at long range, making carriers worthless.  Even small countries that would never consider fighting the USA, like France, sunk Murica-Carriers during war games.

The LAG in decision making relative to Tech-proliferation and advancement on part of the DOD is why the money bugs are angry, It has NOTHING to do with HOW MUCH MONEY,  It has to do with WHAT We're Buying, and Who'd be in charge of that Spending Direction.

The Military has ALL THE MONEY, as the ONLY force which Ensures american-Soverignty, they have the full resource of this entire Nation.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:59:22 »
Why deal with all the messy construction?  I'm sure there's enough of the Berlin wall left to whip up something nice for the good ole USA.

Offline killiah

« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:59:52 »
i do not like trump

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:33:42 »

The presidency is more like a BRAND of keyboard.

You can have a good brand make a Bad keyboard, just as you can have a bad brand make a Good keyboard.  Talking about brand and belief is not as meaningful as discussing the end product.

___

Understanding the DOD and Money

People misunderstand how money works. It's just a piece of paper that's printed. The primary owners (leaders) of the world Print money to Compel Some-Action that they deem to be a worthwhile pursuit.

It does not matter how Much Money is consumed or spent on something,  what we REALLY expend is HUMAN LIVES. We utilize HUMANS and convert them INTO PRODUCT.   Just as we convert FOOD into -More Humans-.

Now, The DOD is problematic In Full,  because the current most time consuming and costly project, Super-Carriers + Manned Flight Objects, is fundamentally useless in a Real War..  Given the guided missile tech of moderna,  Carriers and Carrier groups are giant targets,  Any of the countries that the United States would consider a threat can easily defeat Carriers at long range, making carriers worthless.  Even small countries that would never consider fighting the USA, like France, sunk Murica-Carriers during war games.

The LAG in decision making relative to Tech-proliferation and advancement on part of the DOD is why the money bugs are angry, It has NOTHING to do with HOW MUCH MONEY,  It has to do with WHAT We're Buying, and Who'd be in charge of that Spending Direction.

The Military has ALL THE MONEY, as the ONLY force which Ensures american-Soverignty, they have the full resource of this entire Nation.

I've read about the war games losses; but I don't think it matters much. They're exercises and the participants know this. You're right in that every country has big guns, missiles whatever that are capable mass destruction from across the world. Everyone has them seems like; reliance on them is definitely up for debate. Idk if you're familiar with how Russia was battling against Ukraine (I believe), but supposedly they were using the Ukranian soldiers phones against them and sending them bogus texts etc. There are other kinds of valid warfare other than brute force.

Yes, you are correct we expend human lives vs money; but those lives need to be fed, housed, etc. It can cost millions of dollars to train the highest tier of troops. At the same time; those dudes can literally fly across the world, cloaked, yank a dude out of their bed, and disappear again into the night. Or better yet; train up an in-country army out of its own citizens to "take back their own country".

Money is Mana, can't cast any spells without Mana.

A million dollar missile can be used once and once only; while a million dollar troop can be used several times over the course of many years for significantly more precise effectiveness.

Real war? That term is ambiguous. There is no such thing as conventional war anymore many would argue; due to the tech you speak of. Much of it is subversive and subliminal, back-door-esque.

This is an interpretation of a chapter from Sun Tzu
"4. Tactical Dispositions
Ts`ao Kung explains the Chinese meaning of the words for the title of this chapter: "marching and countermarching on the part of the two armies with a view to discovering each other's condition." Tu Mu says: "It is through the dispositions of an army that its condition may be discovered. Conceal your dispositions, and your condition will remain secret, which leads to victory,; show your dispositions, and your condition will become patent, which leads to defeat." Wang Hsi remarks that the good general can "secure success by modifying his tactics to meet those of the enemy.'"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1073 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:55:28 »

I've read about the war games losses; but I don't think it matters much. They're exercises and the participants know this. You're right in that every country has big guns, missiles whatever that are capable mass destruction from across the world. Everyone has them seems like; reliance on them is definitely up for debate. Idk if you're familiar with how Russia was battling against Ukraine (I believe), but supposedly they were using the Ukranian soldiers phones against them and sending them bogus texts etc. There are other kinds of valid warfare other than brute force.

Yes, you are correct we expend human lives vs money; but those lives need to be fed, housed, etc. It can cost millions of dollars to train the highest tier of troops. At the same time; those dudes can literally fly across the world, cloaked, yank a dude out of their bed, and disappear again into the night. Or better yet; train up an in-country army out of its own citizens to "take back their own country".

A million dollar missile can be used once and once only; while a million dollar troop can be used several times over the course of many years for significantly more precise effectiveness.

Real war? That term is ambiguous. There is no such thing as conventional war anymore many would argue; due to the tech you speak of. Much of it is subversive and subliminal, back-door-esque.

Ts`ao Kung explains the Chinese meaning of the words for the title of this chapter: "marching and countermarching on the part of the two armies with a view to discovering each other's condition." Tu Mu says: "It is through the dispositions of an army that its condition may be discovered. Conceal your dispositions, and your condition will remain secret, which leads to victory,; show your dispositions, and your condition will become patent, which leads to defeat." Wang Hsi remarks that the good general can "secure success by modifying his tactics to meet those of the enemy.'"

Money is not like mana, and we don't use MONEY to train soldiers.

If you subscribe to the Russians,  It's Hammer to natural resources..   The hammer is human beings.. We train soldiers by applying hammer to soil, and we feed soldiers with wheat.

Money in the case of the Leviathan, would be something like Neurotransmitters.  They function as part of the Signaling process which compel action.

On SunTze:

You have to understand that as good as the art of war is,  it was written during a time when a Conventional War CAN BE WON.

It was a myopic period of history, when humans understood themselves as separate entities from the planet and from other living beings (cows, trees).

That mental segregation and compartmentalization forms our core comprehension and behavioral drives..

HOWEVER, all living things are not enemies, there is no true WIN or LOSE. There is no competition relative to the earth organism.

Everything plays its part in balancing the cybernetic homeostatic system that IS Life-on-Earth, from the Whale to the flea, to the Bacteria.

The War Industry is a necessary component of being a life-form within narrow cognitive confines (the world of Man), but that is only because we can not perceive universal interconnections at the Personal level. From that obscurity we dream of enemies and victories against them.

It's your arms vs your legs,  who wins if one kills the other.

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:53:11 »
At one point I did give this clown a chance and it's been nothing but a farce since he was elected, and even before to be honest. I still think he did this originally so he could sell more of his books and grow his following. I bet after his presidency is over, he'll retire and come out with more nonsensical, likely ghostwritten books about how he was so great as a president and how much better he is than everyone else.

I feel guilty not even voting for either one of these candidates in 2016, and got sucked into the Jill Stein camp for a while, but I'm not so crazy about her either. Live in a red state, so I didn't think I had much to lose going with a different choice this time, but I know better now.

Been all over the political spectrum over the years, going from more liberal to conservative to my strange libertarian phase to progressive and now at a point where I don't care what I'm called anymore. Tried to make up for it in last year's elections by voting all blue to try to get Stacey Abrams elected here in my state, though that didn't work out. :/
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 21:01:21 by mkkeyboardvigilante »
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1075 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 08:09:57 »

he'll retire

Not a chance.

He and his children will spend the rest of their lives in court and/or jail, quickly stripped of the shockingly little money that they might still possess today (a fraction of the amount that was inherited from Fred in the 1990s).

Out of office, his usefulness will be nil, and his current billionaire supporters will abandon him in a heartbeat.

Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

« Reply #1076 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 09:36:34 »

he'll retire

He and his children will spend the rest of their lives in court and/or jail

For what exactly?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1078 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:22:42 »

he'll retire

Not a chance.

He and his children will spend the rest of their lives in court and/or jail, quickly stripped of the shockingly little money that they might still possess today (a fraction of the amount that was inherited from Fred in the 1990s).

Out of office, his usefulness will be nil, and his current billionaire supporters will abandon him in a heartbeat.

I don't think they'll go broke or anything of the like.  Even if they do, it won't be public

You have to understand that AMERICA will still protect Trump, at the end of the presidency.

He is afterall a FORMER President.

If he gets his ass sued and money stripped,  that would greatly damage the American Brand.

No one will outright Abandon Trump, They can not,  WE can not.

You guys are always thinking narrow.. There is a GREAT Again America here, Whether you like it or not.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #1079 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:26:06 »

Money is not like mana, and we don't use MONEY to train soldiers.

If you subscribe to the Russians,  It's Hammer to natural resources..   The hammer is human beings.. We train soldiers by applying hammer to soil, and we feed soldiers with wheat.

Money in the case of the Leviathan, would be something like Neurotransmitters.  They function as part of the Signaling process which compel action.

On SunTze:

You have to understand that as good as the art of war is,  it was written during a time when a Conventional War CAN BE WON.

It was a myopic period of history, when humans understood themselves as separate entities from the planet and from other living beings (cows, trees).

That mental segregation and compartmentalization forms our core comprehension and behavioral drives..

HOWEVER, all living things are not enemies, there is no true WIN or LOSE. There is no competition relative to the earth organism.

Everything plays its part in balancing the cybernetic homeostatic system that IS Life-on-Earth, from the Whale to the flea, to the Bacteria.

The War Industry is a necessary component of being a life-form within narrow cognitive confines (the world of Man), but that is only because we can not perceive universal interconnections at the Personal level. From that obscurity we dream of enemies and victories against them.

It's your arms vs your legs,  who wins if one kills the other.

Militaries still operate on those principles dude. And is required/suggested reading in many units.

Conventional war "can't be won" mostly because humanity is pretty humane it turns out and are unwilling (Thankfully) to commit large scale atrocities lately. Obviously it still happens, but mostly not.

Just because they don't take it verbatim doesn't mean it doesn't apply/adds something of value.

You're just diluting the mana analogy. It's all the same.

Troops must be fed, housed, etc. People don't do that stuff for free, nor will fight for something without basic survival covered.

The end of your comment is just basic psychedelia talk. Drop enough acid and be one with the universe etc. There is merit to believing we're all one; and the structure and importance of ecology is factual. However, life adapts and isn't inherently important unless one narrowly believes that our current state is the only viable state.

I disagree with your analogy about arms and legs. It's like competing plates of mold. Limited resources, the more sturdy and pervasive the specimen the more successful it will be over its peers. There will be cross pollination of genes/culture, but ultimately there will still be a root/overarching culture that succeeds.

I fundamentally disagree that we can all be one etc; dogmas get in the way and make enemies, and if you're the only one wanting peace then you're vulnerable and *will* be taken advantage of/submitted.

One doesn't necessarily have to choose to be enemies; it only takes "The Other" seeing one as a threat.

The compartmentalization is what keeps a particular culture surviving. Otherwise we'd be razed every few years by whatever new power shows up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:57:12 »

Militaries still operate on those principles dude. And is required/suggested reading in many units.

Conventional war "can't be won" mostly because humanity is pretty humane it turns out and are unwilling (Thankfully) to commit large scale atrocities lately. Obviously it still happens, but mostly not.

Just because they don't take it verbatim doesn't mean it doesn't apply/adds something of value.

You're just diluting the mana analogy. It's all the same.

Troops must be fed, housed, etc. People don't do that stuff for free, nor will fight for something without basic survival covered.

The end of your comment is just basic psychedelia talk. Drop enough acid and be one with the universe etc. There is merit to believing we're all one; and the structure and importance of ecology is factual. However, life adapts and isn't inherently important unless one narrowly believes that our current state is the only viable state.

I disagree with your analogy about arms and legs. It's like competing plates of mold. Limited resources, the more sturdy and pervasive the specimen the more successful it will be over its peers. There will be cross pollination of genes/culture, but ultimately there will still be a root/overarching culture that succeeds.

I fundamentally disagree that we can all be one etc; dogmas get in the way and make enemies, and if you're the only one wanting peace then you're vulnerable and *will* be taken advantage of/submitted.

One doesn't necessarily have to choose to be enemies; it only takes "The Other" seeing one as a threat.

The compartmentalization is what keeps a particular culture surviving. Otherwise we'd be razed every few years by whatever new power shows up.

9999hp,  You are not at an awareness/ intellectual level to have an opinion, just as I (Tp4) am not.

I am only paraphrasing TO YOU, the core ideas behind the work of James Lovelock and its implications on General-game theory.

Human organization which includes the military  ARE born from more myopic times, and while on the surface they seem adversarial,  Significant change has already occurred.

The greater Earth Organism concepts have not reached the lower socio economic classes where you and I reside.

The reason a conventional war can not be won, is precisely because we're all truly 1 body.

You have alot more reading to do before having this discussion.

Don't get stuck on 1 perspective.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #1081 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 14:06:01 »
lol I can't tell whether this is some new-age schtick or not. Or are you suggesting the billionaire's have obtained the secret to the universe through all their opaque rituals? Sounds intriguing.

If you want to spout all this one-world globalism/hippy one-source stuff; that's fine. That itself is one perspective also. Humans (like me and you) can not operate on that level nor understand it. We just pretend to know stuff, and still have go on with our meager lives practicing the 3 S's (****, shower, shave).

The point of these boards is to discuss this stuff from our subjective experiences; if they are invalidated in the face of objectivism; why are you even bothering posting in the first place. If all is null; I'd rather just read another book than another reply. One might be better practicing what they preach than giving ambiguous and unnecessary advice. Something useful might be suggesting books I can read to understand where you are coming from.

It's too early to call any of this stuff, you're counting eggs before they've hatched.

At this point we can just agree to disagree otherwise. modus vivendi amirite?

Offline iri

« Reply #1082 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 14:26:14 »
why do people still talk to tp4

even voting for trump is more reasonable
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1083 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 16:05:43 »

« Reply #1084 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 10:13:13 »
Well, Russian conspiracy theory is debunked.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:41:14 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:10:06 »
Obviously the man is corrupt and has engaged in illegal activities to further his political career along the line, but the current aftermath of the Muller report has had the left looking like they are grasping at any possibility, however thin, to pursue an obstruction charge. The Dems are so latched onto this hunk of meat I think they are losing sight of what is important here, like a drug dog that's been thrown off the trail of the big cocaine bust because a hippy with a joint walked by. I feel like the incompetence and hunger of the Dems is going to cause them to drop the ball.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:17:53 »
Where are you guys reading all this "reliable" information ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 19:26:06 »
Books.

Big thick books.

Books by award-winning authors and prestigious professors, books with a hundred pages of footnotes and appendices at the back.

Offline Nextium

« Reply #1089 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 09:17:41 »
Well, Russian conspiracy theory is debunked.
I do not think that everything is so simple. Trump is helping the Putin regime very well, by ignoring this problem, unlike Obama, who wanted to solve it.