Author Topic: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments  (Read 161452 times)

Offline lukelex

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:06:10 »
Anyone here in both the Modern M0110 and Lumina group buy? I am one of them and it is starting to look like a competition.
+ G60. Tight race

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:17:40 »
Anyone here in both the Modern M0110 and Lumina group buy? I am one of them and it is starting to look like a competition.
+ G60. Tight race

All three for me too.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:21:58 »
+ G60. Tight race

All three for me too.

Would it be right to add Mech27 V2 to this list? Not sure if that's been finished either

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:30:33 »
+ G60. Tight race

All three for me too.

I'm in the same boat.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 17:34:13 »
+ G60. Tight race

probably going to be a really long race, homie.

Offline Starius

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 21:32:54 »
Yep, same boat here too!  :thumb:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 00:53:05 »

Not sure about M0110 but this is looking more and more like an outright scam.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 07:46:10 »

I still don't think it's a scam, but it is a failed gb that won't come to fruition due to poor planning

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:34:20 »

I still don't think it's a scam, but it is a failed gb that won't come to fruition due to poor planning
Maybe you're not in the Discord server.

Currently rubbermilitia (who was just supposed to be doing communication and wrap-up work) seems to be getting the run-around by Tesletron, who still has sole control over the finances and manufacturer contact information.

This was not just poor planning (by someone who had personal connections with experienced designers/vendors and some experience of their own manufacturing). If we are to believe the story we are told about a factory ghosting, a lost shipment by another factory, then that factory ghosting on what should have been a replacement shipment, we would need to be extraordinarily unlucky.

Yet if you do some back-of-the-envelope math there should still be enough money to finish the GB, although maybe it's getting down to the wire.

What's more likely at this point is that Tesletron spent GB money on things other than the GB and now plans to delay it forever, or had planned to run other GBs/one-offs/commissions in order to make up the deficit until things started falling apart and they were called out on Reddit.

Recall that the first delays occurred right after the 180 day Paypal window closed, among many other unfortunate coincidences.

I'm not saying this is definitely what happened, but that's starting to look like the most logical explanation.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:37:00 by tex_live_utility »
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:40:28 »

Maybe you're not in the Discord server.

Currently rubbermilitia (who was just supposed to be doing communication and wrap-up work) seems to be getting the run-around by Tesletron, who still has sole control over the finances and manufacturer contact information.

This was not just poor planning (by someone who had personal connections with experienced designers/vendors and some experience of their own manufacturing). If we are to believe the story we are told about a factory ghosting, a lost shipment by another factory, then that factory ghosting on what should have been a replacement shipment, we would need to be extraordinarily unlucky.

Yet if you do some back-of-the-envelope math there should still be enough money to finish the GB, although maybe it's getting down to the wire.

What's more likely at this point is that Tesletron spent GB money on things other than the GB and now plans to delay it forever, or had planned to run other GBs/one-offs/commissions in order to make up the deficit until things started falling apart and they were called out on Reddit.

Recall that the first delays occurred right after the 180 day Paypal window closed, among many other unfortunate coincidences.

I'm not saying this is definitely what happened, but that's starting to look like the most logical explanation.
You are correct, I am not in discord. I'll take your word for it then. Damn shame. God speed to us all

Offline 112227

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:39:38 »
He's completely ghosted all of us for over 2 months. There are no excuses for this regardless of the circumstances.  If he's still communicating with rubber or any other community members and not the hundreds of people in this group buy, than he is still a disrespectful lying immature ****. Delivering the product at this point won't change that. He cannot and should not be trusted.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:57:19 »
if you're surprised raise your hand

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 16:00:00 »
if you're surprised raise your hand
*raises hand timidly

Offline catamscott

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 21:03:13 »
so what was even the point of coming back promising to fulfill these boards, vowing to provide better communication, and going as far as to provide weekly updates? we're back to square one with a total drop-off in communication, and are seemingly no closer to having our luminas. i genuinely wish tes would have just ghosted us and disappeared completely instead of dragging this out for so, so long. this has been such an odd and confusing saga, and i regularly kick myself for paying nearly $400 to be a part of it.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 21:16:25 »
so what was even the point of coming back promising to fulfill these boards, vowing to provide better communication, and going as far as to provide weekly updates? we're back to square one with a total drop-off in communication, and are seemingly no closer to having our luminas. i genuinely wish tes would have just ghosted us and disappeared completely instead of dragging this out for so, so long. this has been such an odd and confusing saga, and i regularly kick myself for paying nearly $400 to be a part of it.
Draw the time out. Most people's anger will slowly die out to a point where they accept their losses, know there is nothing they can do, and just forget about getting screwed over. It's softening the blow. You kinda explained everything yourself. This is an odd and confusing saga that is tiring to keep up with. It's tiring to keep caring about this thing after a year. Every day you expect an update on this is just another day you are torturing yourself. Time will make the people who joined in become jaded. Hell would have been raised if this all happened abruptly. Now its late enough in the game where everything will just fizzle out
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 21:17:58 by KingOfMemes »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 23:45:54 »
Draw the time out. Most people's anger will slowly die out to a point where they accept their losses, know there is nothing they can do, and just forget about getting screwed over. It's softening the blow. You kinda explained everything yourself. This is an odd and confusing saga that is tiring to keep up with. It's tiring to keep caring about this thing after a year. Every day you expect an update on this is just another day you are torturing yourself. Time will make the people who joined in become jaded. Hell would have been raised if this all happened abruptly. Now its late enough in the game where everything will just fizzle out

well said!

Offline 112227

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 02:18:26 »
Our good old bud was last active Thu, 19 December 2019, 09:06:29. He has time to browse and read through everyone's frustrations, but not the 10 seconds its takes to provide an update, apology, or "kiss my ass."   :thumb:

Offline Skribbles

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:28:30 »
Is there any way to find him? I mean his PayPal account has to go to a real account in his name.. how is it not possible for 100 of us to do something about it?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:33:48 »
Is there any way to find him? I mean his PayPal account has to go to a real account in his name.. how is it not possible for 100 of us to do something about it?
LOL wtf, are you trying to stir up a mob to go break this guy's thumbs? Also, you don't need a paypal account to find him. He's not hiding. He's the founder of Greenwald Designs. You can google search 'founder of Greenwald Designs' and he pops up

Offline lukelex

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:39:39 »
LOL wtf, are you trying to stir up a mob to go break this guy's thumbs? Also, you don't need a paypal account to find him. He's not hiding. He's the founder of Greenwald Designs. You can google search 'founder of Greenwald Designs' and he pops up
Wait...when are we breaking his thumbs?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:44:36 »

Stop

Offline Skribbles

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:45:22 »

Next week doesn't work for me, holidays and all.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 13:47:00 »
I'm down for the 31st of Feb. I can provide some thumb clippers as well

Offline eas

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 14:11:50 »
ne pay per view avail?

Offline lukelex

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 14:14:15 »
ne pay per view avail?
I know a filming crew that'd jump at an opportunity like this

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 20:36:52 »

You could pursue a refund via a credit card, or if you really have no other recourse you can file a complaint in small claims court

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 15:52:07 »
It seems like if money is really still locked up in paypal then if enough people emailed pay pal about the situation we could perhaps have in unlocked and refunded? I say let's give it a try.... I'd have some sympathy for Ganesha if he wasnt hiding away and not answering any posts and basically lying to everyone about his actions. Threatening him bodily is f'd up, but financially at this point is warranted... I'll be placing a PP complaint today and hope all do as well.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 13:46:22 »
It seems like if money is really still locked up in paypal then if enough people emailed pay pal about the situation we could perhaps have in unlocked and refunded? I say let's give it a try.... I'd have some sympathy for Ganesha if he wasnt hiding away and not answering any posts and basically lying to everyone about his actions. Threatening him bodily is f'd up, but financially at this point is warranted... I'll be placing a PP complaint today and hope all do as well.

The money is not locked up. I contacted PayPal months ago about this exact issue: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97020.msg2773078#msg2773078

You could pursue a refund via a credit card, or if you really have no other recourse you can file a complaint in small claims court

I know several people who are working on this process. I am doing it as well. I just haven't had the time to make PDFs and screenshots of all the false claims Tesletron has made about this and other GBs.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 07:24:34 »
Glad I was able to get a refund through paypal when I did. Sad, was pretty hyped for it.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 18:56:09 »
Glad I was able to get a refund through paypal when I did. Sad, was pretty hyped for it.
Good call. I gambled and lost

Offline cjt9000

• Beige Man
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 14:12:51 »
Another update with no actual info and no progress. It's a damn shame you got away with so many people's money so easily.
Edit: I'm in this for $560 between 2 different one off pieces. One of those was supposedly dropped off at a local machining shop LAST JANUARY.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2020, 14:19:26 by cjt9000 »
B E I G E

Offline Deep

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 10:36:19 »
i just contacted paypal and was told to talk to my bank and if that doesn't work, file a police report.

Offline gridds

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 11:21:45 »
You could also file a complaint with the IC3, a few of these should be enough to gain some traction...

Offline Joebeazelman

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 02:10:22 »
ROTFL!!!  Keyboards are one hell of a drug!

Offline Deep

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:03:26 »
its been almost 3 weeks since the last update  :thumb:

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 19:24:40 »
Did you ever talk to your bank

Offline Deep

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 07:53:21 »
Did you ever talk to your bank
not yet, i was waiting for this update, i just hope ganesh understands that at a certain point this is considered theft. there are a lot of people in this gb, which means there's a lot of money. we can wait, and wait, but eventually we either get boards, our money, or ganesh will be designing in jail.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 00:28:54 »
i just contacted paypal and was told to talk to my bank and if that doesn't work, file a police report.
Used to work for eBay. When we said this type of thing it meant your likely SOL. Local police rarely do anything about these situations unfortunately. At least that's the impression I got when people actually spoke to the police.

Hope you get your board or money back.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 11:14:09 »
Anyone successfully submitted a chargeback or claim with their bank? I'm going to go through the process with regions later this week or next. I'll update with all the information on the process and outcome.

Offline gridds

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 11:54:10 »
I could see local police not doing much for a single individual with a "negligible" loss. Perhaps a good amount of you can coordinate via a discord server/channel and then reach out to his local police department. I am willing to bet they assign a detective with a good amount of complaints logged, at the very least they will check into it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2020, 11:57:41 by gridds »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 11:56:21 »
I could see local police not doing much for a single individual with a "negligible" loss. Perhaps a good amount of you can coordinate via a discord server/channel and then reach out to the local police department in which he resides. I am willing to bet they assign a detective with a good amount of complaints logged, to at the very least they will check into it.
I mean, I'd rather just get my bank involved and either get my money back or cut my losses entirely.

Offline sana

• Formerly Jessica
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 11:59:23 »
Anyone successfully submitted a chargeback or claim with their bank? I'm going to go through the process with regions later this week or next. I'll update with all the information on the process and outcome.

Not specifically this, but I've charged back purchases over a year old on AMEX cards with no issue
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2020, 12:04:10 by sana »

Offline 0hok

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 14:12:36 »
So the discord channel is offline.....any info on that?  Back up..
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 February 2020, 14:20:15 by 0hok »

Offline Hadi

• Formerly eqtri
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 20:57:34 »
Tempted to file a chargeback, too, but I honestly would prefer the board after trying a prototype in person.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 21:13:43 »
Tempted to file a chargeback, too, but I honestly would prefer the board after trying a prototype in person.
Dog, you aren't getting a board lol

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 06:21:04 »

I think everyone would prefer a board, else they would not have joined the GB. I am glad I got my money back, you can probably kiss any thoughts of ever owning a production lumina board goodbye.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 06:37:13 »
Does anyone have ANY update on Tesletron at all? I've been waiting for him to ship my keyboard for around 5-6 months now to no avail.

Offline lukelex

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 06:45:33 »
Does anyone have ANY update on Tesletron at all? I've been waiting for him to ship my keyboard for around 5-6 months now to no avail.
No updates. Is it a custom commission or a Lumina?

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #349 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 06:47:37 »
No updates. Is it a custom commission or a Lumina?

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk

It's from a small GB for a board called Baguette,the board's been ready for like 6 months.All he has to do is ship.