Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450227 times)

Offline japanitrat

Re: [GB] (SORTING!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:04:44 »
can't wait for my set.  i bought the amity islands and it would have been kinda cool to have legends on the mods have diff. colors, kind of like penumbra and another set did i think.

maybe an addon pack in the future? =)

Well. Just get the Chronicler RGB mods at Originative and you'll almost there ..

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #751 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 21:23:00 »
Hi Everyone, just some quick updates. Nothing too exciting today.

I had a great time at the KiiboHD meet up last Saturday. As usual Massdrop were excellent hosts. If you were there and I didn't get a chance to talk with you it's my loss, I'm sure. Lots of great boards and great people.

On Monday I was again in San Francisco to meet with a representative from the factory that is making the new Aluminum Clueboard cases. I had a great and productive meeting and we clarified some important details regarding the finish.

Unfortunately, this means I haven't had time to work on the Nantucket shipping site. When I stopped work on it last Friday I was struggling to get the PayPal Express code working, partly due to a broken PayPal Developer Sandbox. I've decided to abandon that approach and return to the code I used last March, which means your payment won't be reflected right away.

Tonight and tomorrow I am working on Clueboard orders, which I am also behind on. I may be able to resume work tomorrow evening, but more likely I will resume that work on Thursday. My goal is to have the first payments happen no later than Friday at lunchtime.

As far as the waiting list and extra set requests go, the timeline has been pushed back a little. As soon as I push the code that allows for payment I will close requests for add-on sets and blanks. Within a day or two after that I will announce what sets were distributed and what is remaining for the retail waiting list. If you're on the retail waiting list you can expect to see some movement next week.

Thanks for your patience everyone. I didn't think it would take this long to start shipping, but we are very close.

Offline AskAJedi

« Reply #752 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 21:37:10 »
Thanks for doing it right! I've actually put off my Clueboard order to not add to your burden :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gaiden

« Reply #753 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 21:56:14 »

I had a great time at the KiiboHD meet up last Saturday. As usual Massdrop were excellent hosts. If you were there and I didn't get a chance to talk with you it's my loss, I'm sure. Lots of great boards and great people.

On Monday I was again in San Francisco to meet with a representative from the factory that is making the new Aluminum Clueboard cases. I had a great and productive meeting and we clarified some important details regarding the finish.

Unfortunately, this means I haven't had time to work on the Nantucket shipping site. When I stopped work on it last Friday I was struggling to get the PayPal Express code working, partly due to a broken PayPal Developer Sandbox. I've decided to abandon that approach and return to the code I used last March, which means your payment won't be reflected right away.

Tonight and tomorrow I am working on Clueboard orders, which I am also behind on. I may be able to resume work tomorrow evening, but more likely I will resume that work on Thursday. My goal is to have the first payments happen no later than Friday at lunchtime.

As far as the waiting list and extra set requests go, the timeline has been pushed back a little. As soon as I push the code that allows for payment I will close requests for add-on sets and blanks. Within a day or two after that I will announce what sets were distributed and what is remaining for the retail waiting list. If you're on the retail waiting list you can expect to see some movement next week.

Thanks for your patience everyone. I didn't think it would take this long to start shipping, but we are very close.
Thanks for the update skully

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #754 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 09:31:04 »

Thanks for the update!  I'll wait on my clueboard order until after you're done with this to give you some leeway, and look forward to the waiting list notification!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #755 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 10:23:03 »
Feel free to let me know if you come up with extras!  My credit card is ready.

:p

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #756 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 14:01:36 »
Any updates on the shipping progress?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #757 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 16:45:43 »
I'm glad you asked!

I've just pushed the code that accepts payments for shipping. If you haven't requested any add-ons you will now have the option to pay for your shipping. I've tested this as much as I'm able, so please let me know if you run into any problems. I'll send email announcing this availability tomorrow, so please give it a shot between now and then if you're ready to pay.

If you've been waiting to request any add-ons I'm afraid you're too late. I'll be doling them out tomorrow or Sunday, depending on when I can verify the available stock.

If you're waiting to buy sets on the waiting list, please hold tight a little longer.

The first shipment will go out this weekend, we are very close.   :cool:

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #758 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 17:43:11 »
I'm glad you asked!

I've just pushed the code that accepts payments for shipping. If you haven't requested any add-ons you will now have the option to pay for your shipping. I've tested this as much as I'm able, so please let me know if you run into any problems. I'll send email announcing this availability tomorrow, so please give it a shot between now and then if you're ready to pay.

If you've been waiting to request any add-ons I'm afraid you're too late. I'll be doling them out tomorrow or Sunday, depending on when I can verify the available stock.

If you're waiting to buy sets on the waiting list, please hold tight a little longer.

Hey Skully, not sure if this is an error, or just me not knowing what's going into this price but...

Since I have some good amount of credit, shouldn't that final price go down more, or am I missing another added price?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 17:54:30 »
I'm glad you asked!

Hey Skully, not sure if this is an error, or just me not knowing what's going into this price but...

Show Image

Since I have some good amount of credit, shouldn't that final price go down more, or am I missing another added price?

Looks like I have a bug somewhere. I'll look into it and let you know!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #760 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 19:21:24 »

Show Image

OK, I've fixed the problem. The handling fee wasn't being added in properly for the shipping cost, only the final cost. It should add up now!

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #761 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 20:07:22 »

Show Image

OK, I've fixed the problem. The handling fee wasn't being added in properly for the shipping cost, only the final cost. It should add up now!

Alright, thanks! Paid  :thumb: can't wait for my set

Offline Jedi

« Reply #762 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 23:18:47 »
Yup, looks good.  Are you sending a email notice to everyone to let them know to check their invoice for shipping payment?  If I hadn't gone back to this thread or clicked through my order to pay the shipping, I wouldn't have known you were ready for shipping payments.

Thanks again Skully and wifey for taking care of us with this awesome set!

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #763 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 00:31:21 »
Heya skully, I keep getting errors:

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #764 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 00:36:41 »
We will get an email soon

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline monksoffunk

• 25keys
« Reply #765 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 01:51:35 »
Paid without any problem.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #766 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 02:16:34 »
We are veryyyyyyyy close, can't wait ^^

Offline Tanthanis

« Reply #767 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 03:13:10 »
I just paid my shipping. However my deposit is 2 dollars less than the pre-order total. Is there something I need to do? Thanks for doing this drop.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #768 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 04:25:52 »
Heya skully, I keep getting errors:

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I'm not sure why this is happening with some requests but I'm monitoring and adding more logging to try to track it down. It's working for most people, though.

I just paid my shipping. However my deposit is 2 dollars less than the pre-order total. Is there something I need to do? Thanks for doing this drop.

You're one of the lucky few who benefit from an early miscalculation. You don't owe anything more.

Offline TheBestUkester

« Reply #769 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 10:08:49 »
Worked this morning, no errors.

Hyped!!

Offline hapns

« Reply #770 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 12:09:27 »
When should we expect to be able to pay for shipping if we have requested additional child kits/blanks?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #771 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 13:39:19 »
When should we expect to be able to pay for shipping if we have requested additional child kits/blanks?
Talked to him earlier, he is working on it.

Offline hapns

« Reply #772 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 14:22:12 »
Talked to him earlier, he is working on it.

Thank you!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #773 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 18:38:57 »
Hi Everyone, just a quick update- The first packages have been shipped!

I have a little more work to do to print the International packages pending, but those will be going out by Monday. Otherwise, I'll be reconciling posted payments and buying postage a couple times a day, and my wife will then pack and ship, leaving me free to work on other stuff.

I've been working on the site. I believe I've fixed the problem where sometimes you'd get an nginx page. Please let me know if you see one, but I've been watching the logs for 16 hours since pushing that fix and it hasn't cropped up once.

I've also moved from using SMTP to using the Gmail API to send login emails, so if you've had trouble receiving one of those please give it a try again.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are officially underway!

Offline ba7777

[GB] (SORTING!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #774 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 19:32:19 »
Will we get a notification of the tracking info via email?

And thanks for your hard works.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 October 2016, 19:34:31 by ba7777 »

Offline justinyhuang

« Reply #775 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 20:30:26 »
I haven't seen the email about the shipping fee or shipping status yet. Should I be worried?

Never mind: I just didn't see the updated status page and I simply paid the shipment. Great job!
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 October 2016, 21:04:33 by justinyhuang »

Offline krisst

« Reply #776 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 22:40:29 »
Yet to receive email for Requested Child Kits and/or Blanks payment & Shipping payment.

Still waiting to pay :rolleyes:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #777 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 23:00:32 »
I haven't sent any emails about payment being open yet. I wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly before I opened the flood gates. In the meantime, if you can access your order page and are ready to pay, do so.

I'm working as fast as I can to get to the add-ons and waiting lists.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #778 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 23:03:09 »
I haven't sent any emails about payment being open yet. I wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly before I opened the flood gates. In the meantime, if you can access your order page and are ready to pay, do so.

I'm working as fast as I can to get to the add-ons and waiting lists.

(y), thank you for update ;)

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #779 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 03:24:01 »
Going to the post office tomorrow:

More packing/shipping will happen in the morning before that. If you get your payment in tonight your order will likely ship tomorrow.

Offline salasource

« Reply #780 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 04:22:06 »
I received the update email and I can pay the shipping but will there be any option to add sets/keys from the waiting list? My ticket number is #232.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #781 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 04:31:05 »
 :eek: I'm so excited! Paid up and ready for awesomeness.

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

« Reply #782 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 04:31:38 »
Just stopping by to say thanks to Skully.

I bought a ClueBoard when he first opened up shop (I believe I was his 2nd or 3rd) and I also jumped on his GB: I couldn't be happier.

Thank Skully for being professional and extremely helpful with a noobie like myself.

I'm out the keyboard game per se, but if Skully does another endeavor, I sure will jump on the bandwagon just to show support. I'll check in every few months just to keep a look out for other awesome projects you got Skully. Thanks brother.

Offline Zettawrath

« Reply #783 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:07:05 »
I just paid I hope it wont take too long to ship.

Offline hapns

« Reply #784 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:48:28 »
Yet to receive email for Requested Child Kits and/or Blanks payment & Shipping payment.

Still waiting to pay :rolleyes:
You and I both.

Offline Lost2Frostbite

[GB] (SORTING!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #785 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 09:58:17 »
The handling fee is not the same as shipping correct? If so how do I pay shipping from the log in screen?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 October 2016, 11:40:08 by Lost2Frostbite »

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #786 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:09:12 »
The handling fee is not the same as shipping correct? If so how do I pay shipping from the log in screen?

If you're not being asked for payment it means you've requested add-ons, you've already paid, or there's a bug. If you haven't requested any add-ons and you haven't paid you should drop me an email at info@clueboard.co.

Offline Durahk

« Reply #787 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:19:49 »
Paid for shipping this morning! Thanks for running such a smooth GB, Skully  :thumb:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #788 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:35:41 »
Just thought I'd toss some interesting numbers at everyone, to give you an idea of how the shipping is progressing.

We have 374 orders that were part of the original GB that need to be shipped.

Code: [Select]
MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(*) from orders;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|      374 |
+----------+

Shipping has been paid for 151 orders:

MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(*) from orders where paypal_submitted=1;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|      151 |
+----------+

Additional sets have been requested by 77 orders:

MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(distinct order_number) from keyset_requests;
+------------------------------+
| count(distinct order_number) |
|                           77 |

That leaves 146 orders that can be paid for but haven't yet.

We've bought postage for 117:

MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(*) from orders where tracking_number is not null;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|      117 |
+----------+

We've shipped 34 of them (and as I write this I can hear my wife packing more):

MariaDB [nantucket]> select count(*) from orders where shipped=1;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|       34 |
+----------+

The remaining 34 orders were not able to be automatically reconciled for whatever reason. (So far they've all been off by 2-3 cents, so I just do enter it in the log manually. I'm taking a break from doing that to write this update.)

Of those who paid for shipping, 15% have included a donation to geekhack. Amounts range from $1 to $10. Total collected so far is $85.

MariaDB [nantucket]> select geekhack_donation from orders where geekhack_donation > 0;
+-------------------+
| geekhack_donation |
+-------------------+
|              5.00 |
|              2.00 |
|              2.00 |
|              5.00 |
|             10.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              1.00 |
|              2.00 |
|              1.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              3.00 |
|              1.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              3.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              3.00 |
|              1.00 |
|             10.00 |
|              2.00 |
|              3.00 |
|              5.00 |
|              1.00 |
+-------------------+
23 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Offline hapns

« Reply #789 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:59:03 »

If you're not being asked for payment it means you've requested add-ons, you've already paid, or there's a bug. If you haven't requested any add-ons and you haven't paid you should drop me an email at info@clueboard.co.

Skully, for those of us who did request add ons, when can we expect to be able to submit payment?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #790 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:04:42 »

Skully, for those of us who did request add ons, when can we expect to be able to submit payment?

Soon. That's top of my nantucket list at this point, which is just below Clueboard business. I have a lot of that to handle today, and probably a little bit tomorrow.

Offline hapns

« Reply #791 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:06:25 »

Soon. That's top of my nantucket list at this point, which is just below Clueboard business. I have a lot of that to handle today, and probably a little bit tomorrow.
Understood  :thumb:

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #792 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:17:51 »
Thanks for all the updates.

Offline climbalima

• likes building stuff
« Reply #793 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 18:42:46 »
Just got my Planck set today!

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #794 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 20:25:01 »
@skullydazed: Any good news to me?

Offline Lost2Frostbite

« Reply #795 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 23:09:01 »
Thank you for the answer! I did order an extra so that's why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #796 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 04:39:03 »
Paid for shipping yesterday, will we get a mail when the order has shipped? I also upgraded to box, will the International shipping method (USPS?) come with a tracking number?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #797 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 11:03:11 »
Paid for shipping yesterday, will we get a mail when the order has shipped? I also upgraded to box, will the International shipping method (USPS?) come with a tracking number?

Still working on the email notifications. In the meantime your order page will show the tracking number as soon as I've bought the postage. After postage is bought it will be shipped within a couple days.

Offline andy39412003

« Reply #798 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 11:21:58 »
Order paid in March, last week I sent the request of add-ons but it still haven't any update. Contacted skully last week by email now still waiting for reply. :rolleyes:

Offline jjnist

« Reply #799 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 13:50:22 »
No worries on the add on delay! I'm not in a terrible rush and you are putting in a lot of work on top of your normal business. Thanks for everything you do!