Author Topic: DSI 90-Key USB Keyboard with Cherry MX red for $22  (Read 15898 times)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
DSI 90-Key USB Keyboard with Cherry MX red for $22
« on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 12:46:47 »
Not sure if everyone knows about this but you can get this keyboard for 22 Dollars at the moment. I mean its nothing really special but it has a funky layout and uses Cherry MX red switches. And for the price i think its something fun to have  :).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372683086588
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline leovu

Re: DSI 90-Key USB Keyboard with Cherry MX red for $22
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 21:34:41 »
nice   ;D

Offline ErgoMacros

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 22:40:57 »
Now, $17.95, free shipping. From the description:
This is the first true USB 2.0 keyboard on the market

Now that's impressive!  ;)
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline mlev6

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 19:43:56 »
switches are pre retooled reds and are really scratchy...for 18 bucks I guess you can get it but why? - for parts? - they are not exactly high quality and I guess you can use the chasis for some rebuild if you like the layout but there are better chasi/ layouts out there.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 11:09:46 »
switches are pre retooled reds and are really scratchy...for 18 bucks I guess you can get it but why? - for parts? - they are not exactly high quality and I guess you can use the chasis for some rebuild if you like the layout but there are better chasi/ layouts out there.

I bought it for the funs and typing on it at  the moment. The experience is not that bad at all. Yes they are very scratchy compared to Gateron and the new MX switches, But not like they feel so bad to type on that i would throw it away or use membrane. If i type just normally i don't feel the scratchy feeling that much. Unless you press a key down slow holy damn feels like sand paper. But otherwise its a good keyboard for the value.

So yeah i think it would be better to get a keyboard with Gateron switches over this unless you like the layout i would recommend this keyboard.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 17:57:16 »
Is it in the 4KRO (like modern Cherry boards) or 2KRO (basically useless without a new PCB).

No idea how long these will be cheap and plentiful, but the caps aren't the strangest layout and the build quality appears to be acceptable, so a replacement PCB would be really cool

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 08:32:57 »

I bought it for the funs and typing on it at  the moment. The experience is not that bad at all. Yes they are very scratchy compared to Gateron and the new MX switches, But not like they feel so bad to type on that i would throw it away or use membrane. If i type just normally i don't feel the scratchy feeling that much. Unless you press a key down slow holy damn feels like sand paper. But otherwise its a good keyboard for the value.

So yeah i think it would be better to get a keyboard with Gateron switches over this unless you like the layout i would recommend this keyboard.

If i type just normally i do see how scratchy they are. But honestly it doesn't bother me.