Author Topic: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)  (Read 86661 times)

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:32:36 »
Yes there will definitely be extras. Best to follow on Instagram or sign up for the newsletter on the website. We will post via those two first when the extras are live (~first week of December)

Subscribed!

You modified the plate since the original sample photos.  Sneaky!  It looks like it would support the bottom row I was looking for now.  I may have to snag one of those extras...  :cool:

Some small changes were made since the original which I've mentioned but apologies if they weren't evident. Any change that was contemplated was only put into the final design if it was an expansion of layouts, etc and not to restrict or remove anything that was possible in the original layout.

Offline hehe13

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 19:03:21 »
I know youre busy and have plans of making a better post.. but did it shipped already? Im expecying the kit and the switches, will you be shipping them separately as you mentioned?

Offline boardinbum

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 00:59:37 »
How is everything going?

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 01:02:16 »
I know youre busy and have plans of making a better post.. but did it shipped already? Im expecying the kit and the switches, will you be shipping them separately as you mentioned?

Still shipping them separately! A bigger update will come soon, but all labels have been printed, boards and PCBs have been qced. The first 30 have been packed together and will be dropped off tomorrow. The rest will go out over the next week as well as the extras that people ordered.

Generally in chronological order of when you ordered (first order shipped first, etc)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 01:02:29 »
How is everything going?

See above! Thanks for checking in

Offline hehe13

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:17:28 »

Still shipping them separately! A bigger update will come soon, but all labels have been printed, boards and PCBs have been qced. The first 30 have been packed together and will be dropped off tomorrow. The rest will go out over the next week as well as the extras that people ordered.

Generally in chronological order of when you ordered (first order shipped first, etc)

I'm very excited! I hope you can release the list soon. And thanks for always keeping us up to date.

Offline mintyfruits

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:00:31 »
Are there any extras by chance??

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
    • E.E.L. Ambiense Industries
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:02:08 »
He did mention a few times that he will have extra sets for sale on Mehkee after GB is completed.

Can't wait to get the kit Friday! 
Case modder by trade; mech-deck'r for fun!

Offline jurai

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 11:42:30 »
got mine in the mail today

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 12:42:12 »
Should be getting mine in the mail today, will take some pics when it is here.

Offline wise_star

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 13:54:15 »
Dang think I'll be one of the last to receive mine haha. Excited to see some pics of them though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 15:17:24 »
Just unboxed it, looks superb. Case and PCB are extremely nice. Can't wait to build this, will probably start tonight.

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 16:37:49 »
So I just noticed that the PCB is different than the photos posted earlier so that the switches have south facing LED's! This is excellent news as I wanted to use tealios with zealencios and a GMK set.

Offline hehe13

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 17:17:28 »
are you sending out emails for those who will be receiving theirs? oopps, nvrmind, should have checked my account on mehkee.. thaaaanks!!!!
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 November 2017, 17:21:14 by hehe13 »

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 20:46:53 »
All built! Works 100%, and bootmapper is obviously super easy to work with when programming LEDs and keymaps. I just threw GMK Carbon on it right now until I decide exactly what I want to put on it.

My only real complaint about this board is the screws that mount the PCB to the case - they are undersize when compared to the threaded mounting points in the case. They can easily skip threads by being pushed or pulled on. I had to pull out some different screws I had lying around from another case so I could secure this board. Everything else is wonderful.

Offline hehe13

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 21:39:44 »
All built! Works 100%, and bootmapper is obviously super easy to work with when programming LEDs and keymaps. I just threw GMK Carbon on it right now until I decide exactly what I want to put on it.

My only real complaint about this board is the screws that mount the PCB to the case - they are undersize when compared to the threaded mounting points in the case. They can easily skip threads by being pushed or pulled on. I had to pull out some different screws I had lying around from another case so I could secure this board. Everything else is wonderful.

Show Image

So nice! Your caps are so clean, almost looks like a render.

What kind of solder should I use. Is Rosin core already specific enough or are there something else I need to tell the guys at the stores?

probably off topic, where can i get a tutorial for the macros for bootmapper? Id like to bind a lot of keys with other stuff.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 November 2017, 21:50:14 by hehe13 »

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 24 November 2017, 23:25:33 »
I've always used the cheap rosin core solder you can get at the hardware store, never had any issues.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 12:53:04 »
If you're anal about solder, 1/2 lb of kester 44 is enough to last most keyboard enthusiasts forever.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hehe13

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 15:03:59 »
If you're anal about solder, 1/2 lb of kester 44 is enough to last most keyboard enthusiasts forever.

ahh, thanks puddsy. can always count on your snarky informitism

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 22:15:47 »

ahh, thanks puddsy. can always count on your snarky informitism

0.031 is the size you want, also
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hehe13

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 23:29:28 »
Im new to this building my own kb. I cannot tell from the pcb, but do you think i can:
split lshift to add 1u key. Thinking of appskey, fn, or win.
or change the ralt and rctrl to add 1u key.

If either one is possible, what would you suggest based on your expert experience?

Any tutorial site for bootmapper?

Offline InTheFlesh

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 01:39:29 »
I still haven't received shipping info for my kit, who should I contact to make sure my order went through and was shipped?

Edit: Got everything figured out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2017, 01:42:53 by InTheFlesh »

Offline GeauxBulldogs

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 10:47:28 »
Just posting to say that my kit arrived, and looks great!  This is my first build, wish me luck :).

Offline wise_star

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 11:02:45 »
Just posting to say that my kit arrived, and looks great!  This is my first build, wish me luck :).
Good luck! Can't wait to get mine later today.

Offline magusderice

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 11:08:18 »
Anyone have a suggestion for a soldering iron to use with this stuff? I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I'll be practicing on some other stuff before building this, but I do need some of the most basic stuff to get started.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 11:34:40 »
Anyone have a suggestion for a soldering iron to use with this stuff? I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I'll be practicing on some other stuff before building this, but I do need some of the most basic stuff to get started.

Aoyue 936 or hakko Fx888d

Offline magusderice

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 12:43:42 »

Aoyue 936 or hakko Fx888d
Thanks! Anything else I should need to complete this project (aside from solder)?

Offline constellation

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 13:55:58 »
EDIT: A little emotional, working this out directly with Mehkee.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:23:01 by constellation »

Offline Mazian

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:10:07 »
Thanks! Anything else I should need to complete this project (aside from solder)?

Get some desoldering braid, to correct mistakes.  Something like https://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=80-2-5virtualkey53200000virtualkey5878-80-2-5

Alternatively, a desoldering pump is a better investment if you'll be working on more projects in the future; the braid's just easier to work with for a beginner.

Offline DesignWonk

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:22:13 »
Anyone else having issues with the numpad enter? Mine registers enter, up, right and dash all at the same time?

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:42:55 »
Anyone heard about extras yet?

Offline Ak3

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 16:37:42 »

Show Image

Did you have any issues with the enter key stabilizer? I cant seem To get mine to stay clipped in due to the hole and a half they gave you to work with in the stabilizer location.

Offline wise_star

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 17:23:27 »
Anyone heard about extras yet?
Last time I checked out the webpage they had a notice on the top of the page saying mid December for extra I believe.

Offline DesignWonk

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 17:32:16 »
Anyone else having issues with the numpad enter? Mine registers enter, up, right and dash all at the same time?

I resolved this. My Right CTRL doesn't work either (nor do any of the other adjacent holes, so it's not sloppy solder), but that's not so big a deal.

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 18:14:53 »
Did you have any issues with the enter key stabilizer? I cant seem To get mine to stay clipped in due to the hole and a half they gave you to work with in the stabilizer location.

No issues whatsoever using the included stabilizers, installing the stabs was a simple as clipping them and popping them in.

Offline magusderice

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:17:16 »
Thinking about adding some LEDs to the build. Something like these: http://www.switchtop.com/product/2x3x4mm-leds

Will they work?

Offline Davyb123music

• "Music is the Best"- FZ
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:57:22 »
Received mine on Saturday.  Packaging and product quality are excellent.  Thank you Cynviloq, for making this happen!!

I will post pics once my build is complete.

Not sure if I want to solder, or go Holtites.... Opinions?

Offline Davyb123music

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:59:25 »
Thinking about adding some LEDs to the build. Something like these: http://www.switchtop.com/product/2x3x4mm-leds

Will they work?

They will.  But it really comes down to the Switch you are using, and then possibly the keycap profile.  What are you thinking about using?

Offline magusderice

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:16:47 »

Will they work?

They will.  But it really comes down to the Switch you are using, and then possibly the keycap profile.  What are you thinking about using?
I have kailh speed coppers and I'm using OEM profile keycaps (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-doubleshot-pbt-shine-through-108-keycap-set)

Offline Davyb123music

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 00:09:12 »

Will they work?

I have kailh speed coppers and I'm using OEM profile keycaps (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-doubleshot-pbt-shine-through-108-keycap-set)

TBH, I would go with 1.8mm led's just to be sure.  See the rounded cutout at the top of the switch?  1.8's round shape fit perfectly in there.  No difference in brightness or capability. 

Offline magusderice

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 00:10:31 »

Will they work?

TBH, I would go with 1.8mm led's just to be sure.  See the rounded cutout at the top of the switch?  1.8's round shape fit perfectly in there.  No difference in brightness or capability.
Sounds good! Thanks for the help!

Offline LoneCenturian75

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 17:07:44 »
I accidentally ****ed up the layout in bootmapper is there any way to fix without manually putting in every key. I'm fine with hardware dumb as bricks with firm/software pls help

Offline LoneCenturian75

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:27:18 »
I accidentally ****ed up the layout in bootmapper is there any way to fix without manually putting in every key. I'm fine with hardware dumb as bricks with firm/software pls help
Or if someone could send me a picture of what the map should look like i can enter manually.

Offline Ak3

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 20:24:38 »
Hi Guys, I just did my first build.  All is working great except my "+" and "Enter Key" by the numpad.  The "+" keys registered a "+-" at the same time and so does the "Enter Key"  What can I do to fix  this?

Offline boardinbum

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 20:26:41 »
Or if someone could send me a picture of what the map should look like i can enter manually.

This has helped me a few times. https://www.massdrop.com/talk/1392/programming-kbd-keyboards-via-bootmapper-client

Offline LoneCenturian75

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 09:47:44 »
Just finished the build and got it remapped (thanks for the help)! Absolutely perfect thank you for putting this buy together!

Offline hehe13

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 11:19:17 »
Order #MKEE2351

When can i expect my switches to be shipped out?

Offline Davyb123music

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 21:47:02 »
Just finished the build and got it remapped (thanks for the help)! Absolutely perfect thank you for putting this buy together!

Did you put LED's in your switches, or is that just from the board?  Nice Work!

Offline aplus01

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 23:39:50 »
I'm having trouble getting the bootmapper client to do what I want. Clicking "Toggle Bootmapper" doesn't seem to do anything. I've used it in the past and I thought there was a mode where you could press the key on the board and then choose what you wanted to map it to. Is that not the case in version 0.10.0? Also, has anyone tried to split the numpad "+" key like this? Also, how do you remap the keys above the numpad? I guess if bootmapper mode did what I thought it did that wouldn't be any trouble. I'm also not sure how to remap the 1u keys to the right of the spacebar.

https://imgur.com/VrEvDQf

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 05:13:44 »
I'm having trouble getting the bootmapper client to do what I want. Clicking "Toggle Bootmapper" doesn't seem to do anything.

Same thing happened to me. Update your firmware. Download and extract the following:

https://github.com/showjean/ps2avrU/releases

Open bootmapper, go to options, find the big firmware upload button and click it, select the ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex file from the folder you just extracted. Should work after that.