Author Topic: Help with water damaged Pok3r- multiple keypresses for one keystroke  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Powerglove89

I spilled a very small amount of soda from an almost empty can on my desk while digging around in some wiring. Some of it got on the bottom right corner of my vortex pok3r and now I think it's dead. I did the whole "keyboard spill guide" and even did an alcohol bath to no avail. The left half of my keys function normally, but most of the right side are giving me several presses (different keys) when I press only one key. I took everything apart and cant find any obvious trace or circuit board damage. Is it likely to be as simple as replacing switches? Did I brick this thing? Help!
192659-0
I PRESSED APOSTROPHE
192661-1
I PRESSED ENTER
192663-2
I PRESSED K
192665-3
I PRESSED O
192667-4
I PRESSED SEMICOLON
192669-5
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 10:05:09 by Powerglove89 »
Now witness the firepower of this fully-armed and operational battle station.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Help with water damaged Pok3r- multiple keypresses for one keystroke
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 14:07:28 »
You're basically experiencing ghosting, it might be a sign that diodes have been damaged. Those are, of course, replaceable.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Powerglove89

Re: Help with water damaged Pok3r- multiple keypresses for one keystroke
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 09:06:28 »
Just an update for future searchers. Turned out the soda had left a tiny amount of residue that I almost didn't notice, jumping two small connections. A q tip and some alcohol made it good as new.
Now witness the firepower of this fully-armed and operational battle station.