Author Topic: best mouse evar  (Read 18049 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: best mouse evar
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 17:11:44 »
There is one on the way, hinted to in this thread

What's more important is the MX fittings (japanese made) upon the Topre switches.  A Dream come true, or maybe some kind of nasty tease that is displayed to the true desperate's, wanting some customization of their Thorpie boards  :-\ .

Offline kommandant33

• Overclockers Australia
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:09:50 »
I recently traded in my Sensei pro for a R.A.T 9 - only because I wanted to give wireless a go.

So far I am loving it, even though it looks more like a racing car than a mouse.

Also, just today I bought a Corsair MM200 Extended mouse pad. So far so good, it was one of the only XXL mouse pads I could get my hands on from a local shop. I was originally going to get a xtrac ripper XXL, but the shipping was going to cost as much as the mat it's self.

One thing I am concerned with is the lack to stitching around the edge of the mat.. it just seems a bit cheap for one of the more expensive options.. (AU$46)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 00:06:11 »
I recently traded in my Sensei pro for a R.A.T 9 - only because I wanted to give wireless a go.

So far I am loving it, even though it looks more like a racing car than a mouse.
Wireless has come a long way, it's annoying when people still think wireless has a ton of lag like it used to. In case people forget, even consoles are using wireless controllers.

Once you lose the cord, it's hard to go back.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:34:48 »
I know the OP just barred people from mentioning any Razer products, but the Deathadder, as well as Taipan, are up there as far as my favorite mice go. Yea, I'll be the first to admit Razer build quality is absolute ****e, but I love the shape of their mice. Very, very comfortable for gaming.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:01:30 »

Wireless has come a long way, it's annoying when people still think wireless has a ton of lag like it used to. In case people forget, even consoles are using wireless controllers.

Once you lose the cord, it's hard to go back.
The added weight still makes them unusable for me (and many others) and using capacitors isn't something for the mass market.

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 04:11:54 »
I've got a G9x which I really enjoy but the quality is not quite what it should be. I had the mx revolution previously which had a phenomenal scroll wheel, proper ball bearing metal quality wheel which even had a auto mode that would free the bearing to spin if you wanted to scroll quickly. The wheel on the G9x looked the same which is why I got it (when I got tired of wireless issues) but it's a cheap knock off and actually the worst part of the mouse. I haven't found  anything to replace it though.

Offline vztrx200

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 04:44:03 »
Show Image

Ohhhhh dear... Hope someone named this as a joke.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 00:34:00 »
The added weight still makes them unusable for me (and many others) and using capacitors isn't something for the mass market.
That's personal preference, it's just like springs on your keyboard, eventually you adjust to it. Though I admit, the G700 is pretty darn heavy.

To me, a lightweight mouse feels cheap, and getting rid of the cord makes it worthwhile.

Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline brialona

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 01:45:36 »
What's the best mouse
Imo it so the sensei
The word razer is forbiddened

why are you on the razer hate bandwagon?  razer deathadder is actually a really good mouse, theres no reason to hate on them

ozil

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 03:19:37 »
That's personal preference, it's just like springs on your keyboard, eventually you adjust to it. Though I admit, the G700 is pretty darn heavy.

To me, a lightweight mouse feels cheap, and getting rid of the cord makes it worthwhile.
Ofc it's preference.
Although I would adjust to it I have enough experience with mice to know what shape and weight I like. I was never really bothered by the cord so I take that over added weight any time.

Too light mice don't feel cheap to me but unstable, I wouldn't want my Zowie FK to be 10g lighter.
I can totally understand that you don't want to use a mouse that feels cheap to you, I cant use mice that don't feel "solid" either.

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 11:36:14 »
I love my g400.  I bought two when they were 20 bucks before being replaced by the g400s and i need to find more after they die
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline opensecret

• 公开的秘密
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 12:33:20 »
Personally, I love the RollerMouse Pro, a mouse of a different breed.  I originally bought one to help with a wrist problem, but even after solving the wrist issue, I still like it better than any other mouse.  The best feature is that the mouse functions are right in front of the space bar, instead of being off to the side somewhere. So instead of trying to save space with a fractional keyboard, I save the space on the side a mouse would usually occupy.   It also integrates the mouse with a wrist wrest -- or palm rest, because I type with my palms on the rest.  It maybe takes five minutes to adjust to how it works, since it's not like a standard mouse, but I miss it when I have to use a regular mouse.

46006-0
IBM Model M |Matias Mini Quiet Pro|Plum 84EC-S|RealForce 103U-UW & 87U-UW|Omnikey Ultra T| 2 Omnikey Ultras| WASD V2| Xmit Hall Effect|

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 15:14:43 »
I'm really liking my Corsair M95. It's very, very solid (solid, thick aluminum plates) and has quite a heft (good/bad), and well-placed thumb buttons. Mostly, everything feels very high-quality (that scroll wheel), and it fits right hands very well.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 13:23:46 »
kone pure optical is amazing, it just feels right in my hand  ;D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 19:13:37 »

Very nice surface coating, feels like superb quality compared to most other rodents being sold out there.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 18:03:23 »

Very nice surface coating, feels like superb quality compared to most other rodents being sold out there.

Oh yes! that coating has a fantastic feeling, maybe a little slippery for people with dry hand.

Offline Nojo

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 18:22:03 »
SS Sensei

I wish I brought the other version. I have the silver one that's prone to paint chipping, it look horrible but works perfectly  :thumb:

Offline zemp

• FREE ITENS PLS
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:59:23 »
SS Sensei

I wish I brought the other version. I have the silver one that's prone to paint chipping, it look horrible but works perfectly  :thumb:
i love the sensei to but i dont see why people hate the sensor
planing on trying the rival.

Offline Nojo

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:01:27 »
SS Sensei

I love it too but I am tempted to try something wireless, sick of the cable. So far still haven't find anything that interest me, any suggestion?

p/s: no Razer please  >:D

Offline pr1me

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 04:20:21 »
SS Sensei

The sensei sensor has about ~4% acceleration that cannot be removed, some people don't like the mouse because of that.

Offline osi

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:15:06 »
So far my best mouse evar is the deathadder 3G (1800 DPI). Went through 3 Ms explorer 3.0s before the deathadder series came out. It was a natural progression.

The DA is plug and play at its lowest DPI setting which happens to be my preferred mode. It still works with the legacy offline software. Also there is a physical DPI button to change modes but it lies on the underside of the mouse.

I have a zowie ec1 evo cl on the way. Time to give the old DA a rest <3

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:46:02 »
Oh, come on, not a single mouse here has buckling springs!  :))

On a more serious (though somewhat tangential) note, my Logitech Trackman Marble FX has been my "mouse" of choice for over a decade. It sits under my index finger and rolls so smoothly -- I love how it feels. The only thing I have to do is pop out the ball every couple of months and make sure the three rollers are clear (it takes five seconds).

My suspicion is the Logitech discontinued it because it lasts forever.  :mad:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:55:23 »
Show Image

My suspicion is the Logitech discontinued it because it lasts forever.  >:(

It certainly will last.  I had mine for 4 years before the main select switch broke on me.  I wasn't gentle back then with mice.  Little did I know I could've re-soldered a new switch and kept that mouse - FOREVER  8) .

Shame they never bothered with designing a decent trackball to take over from the original, but then again Logitech doesn't function as a 'normal' corporation.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:25:40 »

ORLY? Which post? Maybe with their new CEO, Microsoft might get off their asses and bring back the IE 3.0, with a tighter scroll wheel and higher quality side buttons (hey, a guy can dream right).

Hell, if we're really dreaming, maybe they'll bring back the Trackball Explorer

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:08:33 »

ORLY? Which post? Maybe with their new CEO, Microsoft might get off their asses and bring back the IE 3.0, with a tighter scroll wheel and higher quality side buttons (hey, a guy can dream right).

Hell, if we're really dreaming, maybe they'll bring back the Trackball Explorer

I was referring to the now revealed CMStorm mice, forgot what they're called, although until CES I was only aware of the optical version. Basically it was Carter trying to make an improved IME 3.0 from what he said.

So not an official IME 3.0 update, but considering Carter's track record with mice so far(Spawn/Xornet) I'd say it's looking good.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 03:37:17 »
So far my best mouse evar is the deathadder 3G (1800 DPI). Went through 3 Ms explorer 3.0s before the deathadder series came out. It was a natural progression.

The DA is plug and play at its lowest DPI setting which happens to be my preferred mode. It still works with the legacy offline software. Also there is a physical DPI button to change modes but it lies on the underside of the mouse.

Good man.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 12:27:06 »

Mine just arrived this morning. It is truly a thing of beauty. While I don't think that it's as far of an improvement over the DA as Elrick does, it definitely feels superior. Absolutely totally LOVE the lack of drivers. All hardware. New favorite mouse by a wide margin.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 12:34:57 »

On a more serious (though somewhat tangential) note, my Logitech Trackman Marble FX has been my "mouse" of choice for over a decade. It sits under my index finger and rolls so smoothly -- I love how it feels. The only thing I have to do is pop out the ball every couple of months and make sure the three rollers are clear (it takes five seconds).
Show Image

Do you know if there is something similar available in the market now? Also, any experience with this regarding carpal tunnel syndrome?

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 13:23:02 »

Show Image

Do you know if there is something similar available in the market now? Also, any experience with this regarding carpal tunnel syndrome?

Sadly, I don't think there is anything that close to the Marble FX any more. At least, I haven't found one. I've used the Trackman Marble -- my mom has it, and loves it, but I don't at all. I think it was meant to be a less bizarre looking version of the FX, but it doesn't fit my hand as well. I also have a Trackman Wheel, which is kind of nice -- at least it's better than the plain Marble, though not nearly as nice as the Marble FX, IMO.

I don't have carpal tunnel, but whether this is because of good ergonomics or some other factor, I can't tell. A coworker does have carpal tunnel, and he swears by his vertical mouse:

Offline Emospence

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 03:09:42 »
Mine just arrived this morning. It is truly a thing of beauty. While I don't think that it's as far of an improvement over the DA as Elrick does, it definitely feels superior. Absolutely totally LOVE the lack of drivers. All hardware. New favorite mouse by a wide margin.

Good man.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 03:33:27 »

Good man.

Some one mentioned my name here....... YES the Zowie stands tall BECAUSE it's not made by Razer Corp.  That alone would win it prizes all over the world but it definitely is better built plastic-wise because with Zowie, you don't get the squeaks when you squeeze it (no it's not alive like a real mouse).

The bigger plus is no required worthless software to use the mouse with higher settings.  Some one should tell Razer that going cheap by leaving out onboard memory will only label them as stupid-cheap morons and nothing more, but their rodents are really expensive despite dropping the memory..... go figure  :)) .

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 13:21:52 »
Nice thorough write up. Be nice to get a few pics to go along with it though!

What's the best mouse
Imo it so the sensei
The word razer is forbiddened
Roccat None pure colour. I have it, I love and I would reccomend it to anyone for the price that I got it for of £39.99
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4