Author Topic: Ambidextrous mice  (Read 2174 times)

Offline xolectic

Ambidextrous mice
« on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:06:05 »
I am a right handed person but it turns out that I am not a fan of right handed mice.  I bought a Logitech G400s mouse recently after seeing the rave reviews, and I have to say that it doesn't feel right in my hands.  I am just too used to ambidextrous mice.  With that being said, what are some good ones?  I bought a Logitech G100s because I like the shape, but I considered buying a Razer Abyssus.  I have also heard great things about the Zowie FK and AM, plus the Razer Taipan and Ouroboros but those are a bit pricey.  I used to be a diehard trackball user, but I would not use the Trackman style ones (except the Marble).  Who else thinks ambidextrous mice are better?   

Offline Bullveyr

Re: Ambidextrous mice
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:13:00 »
I don't think that ambidextrous mice are better but they just fit me better.

Zowie AM/FK is very good, although far from perfect.
Kana v2 if you want a smaller mice but not as tiny as Abyssus or G100.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 07:16:17 »
I really like the old Microsoft Optical Mouse 1.1

There is a Logitech from the same era that is almost as good, if you like a narrower profile.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 08:17:44 »
Caseless G9x is what I use
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 08:29:11 »
For ambidextrous mice, I like using the Abyssus. However, I've been using the CMStorm Spawn and Logitech G9X recently. If you want some more information about mice, check out vun's writeup on them.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 10:10:23 »
Zowie FK/AM but they may be a bit smallish
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 11:47:32 »
I'm using the Zowie FK at the moment. I really like it for my small hands using a palm grip. It could be good for someone with larger hands using a claw grip.
It's very light, the main buttons are a bit hard to double click, but I think that could change over time. There's no rubberized coating so it looks kinda greasy on my desk, that's the only downside for me. I want to get a second one for my work because the DPI step (2300) is just perfect for me.

Another one to look at is the CM Storm Recon-- I returned it because it was a bit too large for me. The buttons are really clicky and easy to click. It looks really cool with customizable LED colors and rubberized coating. The other thing that bothered me were the DPI steps as I found 3000? DPI too high but 1800 DPI too low, and there's no way to modify those steps in the software. I think this mouse is made somewhat with a claw grip in mind due to the angle on the back of the mouse (if that makes sense).

If you wanna compare some mice sizes/prices/sensors check out this Google doc-- originally from reddit/MouseReview, I updated it a bunch when trying to decide what mouse to buy online.
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX