Author Topic: Eee PC Trackball mod  (Read 2684 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Eee PC Trackball mod
« on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 13:07:31 »
I thought you cats might think this is pretty dope.

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 13:23:28 »
Curious, I wonder if he had the multi-touch driver for the EEE trackpad installed, which allows the effortless 2-finger scrolling gesture, before he decided to mount a pimple on his EEE.

Offline talis

Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 14:00:07 »
It's a neat mod, but I'd be worried about the nub touching the screen when it was closed, and either damaging it though pressure, or wearing a shiny/dull patch into the screen.

I have a little visible patch on my T60 screen where one of the weird shaped ultranav caps rubbed up against it at some point (should never have used anything but the old fashioned one, even tho the one that caused it came directly from IBM as well).

Offline IBI

Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 17:22:52 »
Except the mighty mouse scroll ball is abysmal and will have broken within two months.

Building a mini-trackball into a USB dongle would be cool.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline wheel83

Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 19:33:44 »
the apple mighty mouse is one of the most inferior input devices i have ever laid my hands on. i love people who thinks its great and you tell them how great it is.  then watch as it breaks and gets filled with debris.
I <3 BS

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 20:25:21 »
Or you can watch as it turns yellow in the sun faster than painting it. I've had to use Crapple Imacs before with their awful sticky keyboards and cheesy mice and I HATE them!

For trackballs, I like my IBM/Lexmark ones. One is built into my Model M right above the indicator lights and I also have a trackball made by IBM in 1991 which can transform into an ordinary mouse. I'll have to post the manual I got with it up here sometime.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline watduzhkstand4

Eee PC Trackball mod
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 02 July 2009, 20:44:01 »
that looks like a pretty clean mod.
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2