Author Topic: steelseries xai  (Read 5676 times)

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« on: Wed, 20 January 2010, 16:45:41 »
i know that Coolermaster sentinel has a rapid fire mode, but is there such a thing in xai? or can u assign a button to click 10 2 3 whatever times instead of 1 ?

Offline J888www

steelseries xai
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 January 2010, 17:15:55 »
Not sure in regard to Xai but I recently had real bad problems with a SteelSeries purchase. There was an offer from Overclockers.co.uk on a Kinzu mouse with gratuitous mini mouse mat. Didn't have time to check or test item due to lack of time, reported item (Black Scroll Wheel) had reversed 1st and 2nd button settings, on the 30th Day after purchase and was told that time limit was over. Contacted Steelseries and was notified that this item is not their Official product, it was an old pre-retail model. Steelseries kindly requested more information so they can replace this item. The only problem is that they have now blocked my Registered Account so I'm unable to enter their site with any specific information to continue for RMA. TYVM SteelSeries.

All in all, it was a bad experience, not because of the cost but the feeling that they would treat their customers in such a manner.
    I would advise to keep away from SteelSeries products, maybe search through the recent Pointing Devices from Razer's site. So far I have had nothing but good thoughts of Razer devices for about a decade. Others may have different opinions but this is my two Shillings worth. Bad product after sales.
   Could of just change the mouse button settings in the Control Panel, but that then it would conflict with my other Pointing Device.
   I know it didn't answer your question, but just wishing you will not be as disappointed if you went and purchased this Xai.
    I purchased a new Kinzu mouse but I'm still relying on my trusted BoomSlang.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 January 2010, 17:18:43 by J888www »
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 January 2010, 09:40:54 »
so what would be a good alternative to the xai? i have read many good reviews about it and apparently it is the best mouse on the market at the moment. the other thing is that the philips sensors on the sentinel and razers have problems...

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
steelseries xai
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 January 2010, 11:08:00 »
Well, you could very easily avoid J888www's issues by testing it as soon as you get it.

I have an Ikari mouse and it's great, I'm sure the Xai will be fine.

Also, the Ikari had a macro mode, I'm sure the Xai would have something similar. I'm sure you could use that to achieve what you wanted.

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 January 2010, 11:46:42 »
what i basicly want is to fire as rapidly as possible on guns where u fire one bullet with one click

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 January 2010, 13:45:47 »
can the xai do that?

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
steelseries xai
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 January 2010, 14:18:08 »
As I said, use Macros. You can bind one of the spare keys to a key or to possibly multiple mouse presses. If you can't do the latter, you can always bind Fire to a button on the keyboard (most games let you bind a function to two buttons, whether they be mouse or keyboard) and then create a macro whereby the key is presses multiple times. The Ikari's software would allow you to do that, and therefore the Xai would too.

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 January 2010, 02:19:32 »
ok thank u very much, ill be looking into when i buy the xai. i just wanted to know if it was possible or not

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 13 February 2010, 18:34:36 »
how do u create a macro whereby a key is pressed multiple times? i am so bad at this...

Offline zapgod

steelseries xai
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 February 2010, 18:38:26 »
or how can i make a button on my xai to act as tab, as long as i press it down it shows kills or whatever and when i stop pushing it , it doesnt show anymore?

Offline Xuan

steelseries xai
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 February 2010, 20:30:52 »
bind fire to the scroll whell

Offline Bullveyr

steelseries xai
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 February 2010, 02:55:34 »
Quote from: zapgod;158183
or how can i make a button on my xai to act as tab, as long as i press it down it shows kills or whatever and when i stop pushing it , it doesnt show anymore?

for that you have to wait for the next software update which should include keyboard emulation

about the rapid fire macro:

just do what ch_123 wrote, the programm isn't that hard to understand, ofc you have to adjust the right latency between the "shots" in the macros and you can only make a 2,3,4 or whatever burst macro, it isn't possible to make the macro shoot as long as you press the button (at least not with the Xai)

btw, I'm not really a fan of such macros
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.