Author Topic: I hope all our Florida members are okay  (Read 10979 times)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
I hope all our Florida members are okay
« on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 13:34:15 »
Do we have any members from the Orlando area?  Hopefully nobody here had friends/family involved in the tragedy.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: I hope all our Florida members are okay
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 13:48:21 »
Security being beefed up at LGBT events around the country. Armed man arrested on his way to LA Pride as well.

Horrible scenes from there. Vesper isn't over that way is he?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 13:52:35 »
What a tragedy. We need mental screenings for all legal guns

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 13:52:39 »
just read about the LA pride dude also. insane. glad gf had other plans instead.

we need to get serious about mental health, period.

and gotta do something about religion and it's fanatics.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 June 2016, 13:57:08 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:08:17 »
Yeah mental health has been lacking in resources forever in the US.. we really need to get our act together

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:11:41 »
just read about the LA pride dude also. insane. glad gf had other plans instead.

Saw that too. :-/ This will make SF Pride more nerve-wracking and a lot more emotional.

Indications so far are that this was motivated by homophobia and possibly also religious fanaticism.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:21:01 »
There's an NYT reporter (@rcallimachi) who writes a lot about ISIS and has done some tweets explaining how ISIS takes credit for lone attacks like this.

What else has been said about the LA guy? How was he caught?

It's funny to see how many senators funded by the NRA are just tweeting about thoughts and prayers SMH.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:24:35 »
There's an NYT reporter (@rcallimachi) who writes a lot about ISIS and has done some tweets explaining how ISIS takes credit for lone attacks like this.

What else has been said about the LA guy? How was he caught?

It's funny to see how many senators funded by the NRA are just tweeting about thoughts and prayers SMH.

"Sources" are saying the guy called 911 and claimed allegiance to ISIS before the attack, but it's just heresay right now.

The LA guy got caught because someone reported him lurking around. They searched his vehicle and found the weapons and ammo. He said he was waiting for a friend.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:30:38 »
He said he was waiting for a friend.

"Sources" are saying the guy called 911 and claimed allegiance to ISIS before the attack, but it's just heresay right now.

Four or five news agencies are saying he called them. But her tweets are very interesting about what pledging allegiance means just before an attack. He probably wasn't affiliated with them at all, just did it as a last minute thing.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 14:40:18 »
He said he was waiting for a friend.

Four or five news agencies are saying he called them. But her tweets are very interesting about what pledging allegiance means just before an attack. He probably wasn't affiliated with them at all, just did it as a last minute thing.

Ya, I agree. The statement from his Dad said pretty much the same thing.

Either way, it's just... ****ing sad.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 15:42:58 »
My thoughts go out to anyone personally affected by this. Absolutely horrible

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 16:14:32 »

motivated by homophobia and possibly also religious fanaticism.

Clearly some people's lives are so empty and useless that they have time to obsess over what other people might be doing, and how to make them stop doing it.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 16:29:32 »
Indications so far are that this was motivated by homophobia and possibly also religious fanaticism.

Homophobia doesn't make you kill people, mental illness does. You need to be mentally ill if you feel the need 2 kill people based on religion and such.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 16:59:51 »
Insha'Allah
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 17:50:41 »
Insha'Allah

Radical Islam is the reason this even happened. Guy played by all the rules, had license to be security guard, carry a firearm, etc. Yet he did all of this because of his beliefs. Might seem like that's "mentally ill" to some, but it's a common belief of millions of people who share his religion. It's like when a Middle Eastern country executes homosexuals, except one of the executioners came here and did it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 June 2016, 17:52:44 by Volucris »
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 17:59:38 »
Insha'Allah

Radical Islam is the reason this even happened. Guy played by all the rules, had license to be security guard, carry a firearm, etc. Yet he did all of this because of his beliefs. Might seem like that's "mentally ill" to some, but it's a common belief of millions of people who share his religion. It's like when a Middle Eastern country executes homosexuals, except one of the executioners came here and did it.

This is not a common belief for millions of people. This is a common belief for a few people that like to live outside of the system. Radical extremism is not shared amongst the general population of any religion. Thinking that millions of people share this need to kill is not healthy at all.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:07:16 »

Might seem like that's "mentally ill" to some, but it's a common belief of millions of people who share his religion.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:08:10 »
Insha'Allah

This is not a common belief for millions of people. This is a common belief for a few people that like to live outside of the system. Radical extremism is not shared amongst the general population of any religion. Thinking that millions of people share this need to kill is not healthy at all.

Untrue. In Mauritania, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Somalia, and some of Nigeria, homosexuality is punishable by death. That's over 200 million people. If just one out of every hundred people living there believe homosexuality deserves death, then there you go: millions.
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:11:01 »
WRONG!

"In the U.S., about eight-in-ten Muslims (81%) say that suicide bombings and similar acts targeting civilians are never justified."

That leaves 19%.

SOURCE

Take the blindfold of political correctness from your face, my man.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:19:50 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:14:13 »
WRONG!

"In the U.S., about eight-in-ten Muslims (81%) say that suicide bombings and similar acts targeting civilians are never justified. "

That leaves 19%.

Show Image

SOURCE

Man... can't do anything in SE Asia

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:15:18 »
Insha'Allah

Untrue. In Mauritania, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Somalia, and some of Nigeria, homosexuality is punishable by death. That's over 200 million people. If just one out of every hundred people living there believe homosexuality deserves death, then there you go: millions.
By your reasoning, millions of people think being American deserves death, too. Still not convinced it's mental illness?

Personally I think it's pretty goddamn sick to want people death just because they're born differently. Born sick, commanded to be sound :/ .

Regardless, my thoughts go out to the family of the victims of this awful tragedy :/ .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:24:32 »
Insha'Allah

Going a different way... this means "If Allah wills it."  What was the purpose of posting that to this thread?  If Allah wills.... what exactly?

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:25:35 »
Insha'Allah

By your reasoning, millions of people think being American deserves death, too. Still not convinced it's mental illness?

Personally I think it's pretty goddamn sick to want people death just because they're born differently. Born sick, commanded to be sound :/ .

Regardless, my thoughts go out to the family of the victims of this awful tragedy :/ .
I'm open to the consideration that it's tied to a mental illness, but we've been shown time and time again that these radicals aren't exactly mentally handicapped as they repeatedly succeed in their spread of terror. Homicidal intent and action is a symptom of various mental illnesses, but not exclusively one.
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:28:20 »
WRONG!

"In the U.S., about eight-in-ten Muslims (81%) say that suicide bombings and similar acts targeting civilians are never justified. "

That leaves 19%.

Show Image

SOURCE

Extremists kill people. Do you not understand? My social correctness keeps me from turning away from other members of society that are different. I've been around actual gunfire 'my man' and I saw the crime tape that went up afterwards. I know the difference between people that want to murder others and people that disapprove of others.

Offline vito687

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:31:54 »
This was a vicious , calculated , and planned attack.  I don't think it was directly affiliated with ISIS but he definitely was self radicalized and gave the "honor" of the killing to ISIS by claiming allegiance .  Like the above comment I find it much more reasonable that this person believes their doctrine so much that they have convinced themselves this is what they need to do.  Just like throwing gays off the rooftops of buildings , beheading, and worse this is normal, expected , and "honorable" behavior .  Also , to further clarify I don't believe ALL Muslims are to blame for anything , it is the small but growing , radical sect that are enacting these terrible crimes of terror.  This guy was on an FBI watch list and interviewed twice (once in 2013, and again in 2014) how was this person able to legally get guns!? So sad my heart and prayers go out to my gay brothers and sisters in FL

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:34:58 »
Yeah mental health has been lacking in resources forever in the US.. we really need to get our act together
Not since forever, just since the early 80's when Reagan gutted the mental health system.

It's not just Islam or mental illness, it comes from religion, plain and simple. Muslim, Mormons, Christians and Catholics. They may not want to kill (though some certainly want them dead), but most of the hatred of the LGBT community comes directly from these religious groups and their teachings.  They preach love, but teach hate.

This country treats LGBT people like sh*t, especially small town bible belt. If you aren't a minority, you have no idea the crap that goes on on a day to day basis in this country.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:37:17 »
Shooters father claims to be the president of Afghanistan. Crazy seems to run in the family.

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooting-suspects-father-is-a-former-tv-show-ho-1781849968
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:41:36 »
Oh look, it's this discussion again...

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:44:32 »
Not since forever, just since the early 80's when Reagan gutted the mental health system.

It's not just Islam or mental illness, it comes from religion, plain and simple. Muslim, Mormons, Christians and Catholics. They may not want to kill (though some certainly want them dead), but most of the hatred of the LGBT community comes directly from these religious groups and their teachings.  They preach love, but teach hate.

This country treats LGBT people like sh*t, especially small town bible belt. If you aren't a minority, you have no idea the crap that goes on on a day to day basis in this country.

I agree with you. I was raised Lutheran in the southern part of the USA and have seen my share of intolerance. One of the reasons why I enjoyed computers so much was to get away from it all. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:47:54 by csmertx »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 19:10:01 »
Insha'Allah

I'm open to the consideration that it's tied to a mental illness, but we've been shown time and time again that these radicals aren't exactly mentally handicapped as they repeatedly succeed in their spread of terror. Homicidal intent and action is a symptom of various mental illnesses, but not exclusively one.
I understand you're kind of playing devil's advocate here, but it's frankly in particularly bad taste. I think it's culturally flawed to acknowledge this as an act of any kind of meaningfulness. The sooner we banish intolerant, senseless violence of this nature from the world, the better.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 19:45:05 »

It's not just Islam or mental illness, it comes from religion, plain and simple.

The Republicans are slavishly devoted to re-writing history in the attempt to conceal what a disaster Ronald Reagan was for this country.

Western religions all seem to come from people who have had "visions" wherein "God" has told them what to think and do.

http://altreligion.about.com/od/glossary/a/Revealed-Religion.htm

This (true story) book is a few years old now, but it is about something that happened in the US of A and all the players were seemingly almost "ordinary" Americans (for Mormons, that is) until they went bat**** crazy. After a man killed his brother's wife and newborn in cold blood - because of a "vision" where "God" told him to do it - his trial actually revolved around whether the mere fact that "God" told him to kill people was proof that he was insane.

During the trial, there was considerable conversation regarding the very foundations of Western religion itself, because if (as I was taught when I was a child) the old guys had visions, the writing was "inspired" by God (and in fact it almost seemed like the writers were practically in a trance writing stuff that they could not have made up themselves) then the entirety of Western religion was based on the ravings of lunatics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Banner_of_Heaven

Boy, how I wish those arguments were still being used in courtrooms today.

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 08:09:17 »
Breivik thought that Europe is overrun by scary brown people and because of that he killed 8 government clerks and 69 youngsters. And he wasn't mentally ill.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 08:48:13 »

It really is not religion as a whole.  It's not anything as a whole, in all honesty.  It's the vocal and active minority.  That's the way it's always been.  And the way it always shall be.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 09:44:59 »
who here has ever read what the talmud or quran say about people who don't follow the talmud or quran?

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:14:31 »
Well, that does it, I'm about fed up with mass shootings in the USA.  You can try to blame a single cause, but we have created a society that produces more mass murderers than any other western nation, and we have to seriously chip away at every single cause for these incidents. You can blame an ideology, but a human being can be taught to think in ways that see beyond ideologies and reject them.

We are all in this together, do your best to not succomb to influences that seek to create false enemies and divide people that mostly share common interests and seek peaceful lives.  See each other as individual human beings, not condemn them by a category.  Create love, not hate.  The way you think and talk can have more influence on others than you realize, so hold yourself to a code of treating others as human beings deserving of life and freedom of nonviolent lifestyle, with respect and consideration.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:40:53 »
who here has ever read what the talmud or quran say about people who don't follow the talmud or quran?
Ever read what the bible said about that?
link.

Every old religion tells people to kill the 'other' people if they believe in another god. People pick and choose what they want to justify their ideas.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:58:34 »
My thoughts go out to those affected, not the maniac who caused it. 
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 11:11:12 »
link.

Every old religion tells people to kill the 'other' people if they believe in another god. People pick and choose what they want to justify their ideas.

Glossed over in that, is the fact that the New Testament pretty much squashes all of that Old Testament individual delivering the wrath of God approach.

Think of it like the Constitution's relation to the amendments.  The amendments make changes to the specific areas, while leaving other areas intact.  And one of those areas is towards an individual not showing the Love of God towards any others. 

Also of note is that the couple of references in the New Testament that he uses in that answer, are taken in the way that much of the Bible that is used for such purposes is - out of context.  For example, start at Matt 10:32, and read through, and you will get a totally separate interpretation that doesn't go towards violence on this Earth, but rather a separation in Heaven.  Context matters in historical as well as contemporary context.  The other, is a parable.  Read it in context, and you will see that it doesn't mean what is intuited from that one verse.

I point this out because of the fact that no matter the work, it can easily be taken out of context, and made to say whatever one would have it say.  It happens from pulpits, and it happens in casual conversation.  But is that a fault of the work?  Or of the individual?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 11:22:01 »
**** Ronald Reagan.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 11:32:23 »
**** Ronald Reagan.

I wish he was alive so he could make a comment about the wall Trump wants to build.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 11:43:04 »
Homophobia doesn't make you kill people

Um, WRONG. Plenty of gay and trans people have been murdered by mentally sound bigots. Unless you categorize hatred of queer people as a mental illness by definition, which is a discussion I'm open to. Mental illness is a useful box that people use to explain these kinds of killings without understanding them.

Yes. And I think the majority of them are utterly convinced that the hate-in-practice they teach is actually an expression of love and fidelity to God. I spent a couple of decades believing and vigorously defending this mindset. It's diseased thinking.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline R1N3

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 12:14:46 »
link.

I wasn't cherry picking. It was an honest question. And I'd like honest answers from people.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 14:44:05 »
Do we have any members from the Orlando area?  Hopefully nobody here had friends/family involved in the tragedy.

Yes we do, quite a few.  :| 

My thoughts are with all affected.  :( 

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 17:23:07 »
**** Ronald Reagan.
That's all you got from that?  When it wasn't about him,  but this one quote?

OK.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 17:30:54 »
Mental illness is a useful box that people use to explain these kinds of killings without understanding them.

If you can tell yourself that your going to kill a bunch of people and most likely die in the process... and you think they are mentally stable?

I just hope everyone from Orlando on here is straight. People are slaughtered almost every other day in these mass killings, this one just hurts a lot more because its on American Soil.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 17:34:24 »
Mental illness is a useful box that people use to explain these kinds of killings without understanding them.

If you can tell yourself that your going to kill a bunch of people and most likely die in the process... and you think they are mentally stable?

I just hope everyone from Orlando on here is straight. People are slaughtered almost every other day in these mass killings, this one just hurts a lot more because its on American Soil.

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline nugglets

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 17:41:00 »

I'm going to pretend you meant straight as in "good" or "OK."

In which case, thinking through your choice of words would probably have been a good idea.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 17:44:23 »
o sh*t, my bad  :-X

yes i hope everyone is fine, good, safe, alive, well, and to all they're loved ones

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 20:02:02 »
Good to clear that up ;)