Author Topic: Do you like Red switch for just "typing"? Why?  (Read 129605 times)

Offline Engine

Do you like Red switch for just "typing"? Why?
« on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 23:23:46 »
I have brown switch and really like it but I'm on the verge of getting red next.  I'm really curious about it but would like to know what makes it so nice for others?
I'm just trying to collect any last opinions on this before pulling the trigger, since it is more expensive.
I don't touch-type or type fast.  I don't game either.  I just type emails/docs at mediocre speed, since I have some RSI issues.
Any last opinions/advice before I commit?  I could really use your user's experience from a "typist's" standpoint please.
Thanks!
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline PerfectError

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 23:49:25 »
My first keyboard we a set of browns, i was far too use to the tactile bump and when i typed on reds i thought i would never get use to it. At first it felt sloppy, with out the bump i felt like i was almost mumbling while typing, and i'd always bottom out just to be sure i was pressing the key all the way. It took me a long bit to get use to typing on reds and some anxiety to get over with out the tactile feedback but now i'm quite happy with reds; enough to the point that i no longer have my browns with me, i gave it away.

I prolly would still prefer to type very long texts on browns, but i do find it more pleasurable typing on reds, there is a slick, satisfying feeling about it that browns wont give you, but thats just how i feel. i did get reds for gaming but i did reach 104 WPM with it and i dont mind using it as my main and only board.

Offline SecrtAgentMan

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 June 2011, 23:51:21 »
I like red just due to the fact that it's easy to register a keystroke and barely takes any effort.

Once you get used to how light it is then it's a really nice feeling IMO and you'll start to type quite fast.

Also for me with gaming I don't have to worry about any tactile bumps when playing, it's just a smooth keystroke downward.

I'd suggest buying from Amazon since they have a good return policy, that is if you can find any from Keyboard Co.

Offline bionicroach

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 00:05:56 »
I really like my Filco MJT2 w/ Reds so far.  I bought it on a whim just to try the switch out, but I was really surprised how much I ended up liking it for general typing.  I don't do any gaming at all, but it is great for repetitive tasks like data entry or editing code / wikis, etc.  I do have some mild RSI / tendonitis issues from injuring my hand a few years back, so I definitely appreciate the light touch of the Reds.  I'm not crazy about the Filco keycaps as they're very light and slick compared to Topre or Cherry PBT, but the build quality of the rest of the board is rock solid.  For typing walls of text at full speed, I find that my accuracy suffers a bit due to the sensitivity of the keys and the lack of tactile feedback, but for general typing where you're watching the cursor on the screen, the Reds are very smooth and relaxing to use and definitely help avoid fatigue / RSI issues.  They're not as fun as Blues to type on and I don't think they'd be very good for transcription type work, but for general use they're fantastic.  They would also be a great switch to use late at night when you're trying not to annoy people as they're virtually silent except for the bottoming out sound.  (It is near impossible to not bottom out on them if you're typing more than 40 wpm IMHO.)  I am extremely pleased with my Keyboard Co purchase via Amazon and would definitely buy this board again if it died.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 June 2011, 00:08:56 by bionicroach »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 01:28:48 »
I'm gonna take a different approach here and say that I do like the reds for typing (I'm on my MJ2 Linear-R right now), but I prefer the browns more. As awesome as the light touch of the reds is, I do prefer the feedback and general "snappy-ness" of the browns for coding/writing. The reds are on my gaming machine, and I have my Browns at work (I'm a programmer).

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 01:29:59 »
i'd say most mech keyboards users are programmers or pro gamers.

hehe
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline pitashen

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 02:48:11 »
Red is brown without the bump.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Tony

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 05:10:18 »
If you don't touch type, then Red are very good for typing, since you are bottoming out each key.

If you touch type, ability to feel the actuation point of brown can help you type faster. You don't have to bottom out each key, so you are able to hover over your keyboard and type with just enough force.

If you touch type in Red, you will never be sure whether a key is pressed or not, which makes you slow down a bit.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline nocturn4l3030

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 06:39:15 »
reds and browns are my favorites for typing.. i switch depending on my mood.

i like my topre for gaming
What happens when you discover GeekHack:
[strike]Black Ducky dk1087 Cherry (Brown)
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g
Topre Realforce 103UB
Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 (Clear)
White PLU ML-87 (Blue)
1990 IBM Model M 1391401
Cherry G80-3000LSCEU-0 (Blue)
[/strike]

Cherry G80-3600LYCEU-2 (Red)
Topre Realforce 86UB
Filco Tenkeyless (Brown)

[/SIZE]

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 06:58:03 »
Touch typing doesn't mean that you never bottom out...

Bottoming out is FINE to do. Especially with the ladies.

Offline canon.tk

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 07:51:54 »
For pure typing I like browns a little better.  Reds are better for gaming but I type on them well now too.
Filco Majestouch 104 Cherry MX Black; Filco Majestouch 87 Ninja Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch Indigo Blue 104 Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Red; Leopold 87 Otaku Cherry MX Brown; Leopold 87 Cherry MX Brown; Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Offline Zet

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 08:35:54 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;356184

+1

Totally agree xD

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 09:55:46 »
I use Red/Blue for typing at work (Pro Grammer)
I use Brown (RTS)/Topre (FPS) for gaming at home (Non-Pro Gamer)

:)

I could totally see using my Reds for gaming as well though. I'd say they're interchangeable with the Browns overall, just depends on preference.

Also...
Red is brown without the bump.

This is 100% untrue. Browns are nearly pure linear in force with just a bump in the middle. Reds have increasing force the more you depress them, hence the "Cloud of Boobs" effect. If you type on them side by side the difference is very noticeable. They're probably the two most similar boards I own but they have enough difference that I would tell someone to at least try both before making up their minds.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 23:48:08 »
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're nearly pure linear in force, it's just that the peak of the tactile bump is almost as strong as at the bottom of the key stroke.  Work under the force curve definitely feels lower with the reds, but I'm only comparing single switches on the STN in front of me.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline redpill

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 23:56:07 »
If you have the wherewithall, might as well try out Topre switches.  I have the uniform 55g variety, they have satisfying spring to them, like biting into a fresh turgid hunk of lobster dripping in butter.  I'm almost worried that using my Realforce too much might make me fat.

I hearby declare Topre to be the shellfish of mechanical keyboards.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 02:15:40 »
No.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 02:58:35 »
I have tried a few mechanical switch keyboards as well as topres.  I use them only for regular typing. I don't game.  I would also say that I get some hand pain if I overdo typing and don't take breaks. I've never really asked the doc or been diagnosed with any specific condition. However, I can say I notice a huge difference on pain or no pain depending on which keyboard I use.  I think I ended trying at least 7 different keyboards in the last couple of months before finishing my search. I ended up keeping the Filco Majestouch 2 with Reds and a Realforce tenkeyless with the variable weighted keys. Both of these keyboards have very light touch although very different feel to them.  I ended up liking the  Filco with reds the best and so much so that I purchased a 2nd one but tenkeyless to keep at home.  So basically I'm on the reds most all the time and switch in the Realforce once in a while for a change. I still find myself going back to the reds. I am a touch typist (not real fast - around 60 wpm) with a light touch.  I have no problem not having the tactile bump. I rarely bottom out but to prevent the clicking from bottoming out, I put the EliteKeyboards sound dampening pads on the keys.  I found that it does cut down the stroke but not enough to change the great light feel of these keys. I guess with the reds you either really like them or they are not for you. I've found my favorite switches in the reds - very light touch, linear feel and nice and quiet.  I do agree with others that the Filco keycaps are not at great and tend to shine up in no time. I like white keys much better and have purchased the gray on white keys for my Filcos so now I have the ultimate board for me.
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline Evil_Spork

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 16:51:10 »
I had a Brown Leopold, then moved to a Majestouch2 red.
I like the reds a lot, pretty much equal to browns.
For gaming I like the reds a LOT. I'm not entirely sure why, but they are awesome. The reds are actually slightly boring when compared to the browns for typing.
For typing I slightly prefer the browns, mostly because the browns feel much more lively when typing.

Your sig says you already have a Leo with browns, so I don't think it's worth the money to get reds, especially if you are not touch typing. The reds are slightly harder for touch typing.
Noppoo Choc Mini "Tea Axis"/MX Brown
Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - SOLD!
Filco Majestouch-2 Linear R Limited Edition Tenkeyless with MX Red

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 17:42:09 »
Great word there Spork, "lively". That's exactly how I'd describe the browns.

Offline Tony

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 22:06:02 »
With red and brown, your fingers will be dancing on the keyboards. For browns, you can press with just the right force when you feel the bump, therefore you can touch type with confidence.

For most who don't touch type, they both are the same. Red may be preferable to them, since bumps are not needed.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 22:48:28 »
I touch type just fine on the reds, thank you. But I think that's because I have a tendency to bottom out most of the time.

Offline djones

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 02:04:05 »
noobish question: what are the readily available boards with reds?

Offline awry

• The Discerning Hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 03:50:40 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;356184
Touch typing doesn't mean that you never bottom out...

This my friend, is why you're getting the cap from me. Not many things make a maniac depressive laugh. By the way, you didn't give me your name so your package was written as KL yah?
World’s Biggest Nerd and Star Wars Fan.

You can reach me here: knotnuffspace@gmail.com or @the.discerning.hobbyist on Instagram.

Old Sig below from before the 10 years hiatus and still relevant today:

It may take me one day, it may take me one week, It may take me a whole year if it slips my mind by chance, but I ALWAYS reply all my messages. Just please be patient. My work can get very busy at times. Drop me a reminder if it takes too long. Thanks guys.

Offline awry

• The Discerning Hobbyist
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 03:53:15 »
Quote from: Evil_Spork;356946
I had a Brown Leopold, then moved to a Majestouch2 red.
I like the reds a lot, pretty much equal to browns.
For gaming I like the reds a LOT. I'm not entirely sure why, but they are awesome. The reds are actually slightly boring when compared to the browns for typing.
For typing I slightly prefer the browns, mostly because the browns feel much more lively when typing.

Your sig says you already have a Leo with browns, so I don't think it's worth the money to get reds, especially if you are not touch typing. The reds are slightly harder for touch typing.

Try 30g Topres. You can fart on the keyboard and the keys would actuate...
World’s Biggest Nerd and Star Wars Fan.

You can reach me here: knotnuffspace@gmail.com or @the.discerning.hobbyist on Instagram.

Old Sig below from before the 10 years hiatus and still relevant today:

It may take me one day, it may take me one week, It may take me a whole year if it slips my mind by chance, but I ALWAYS reply all my messages. Just please be patient. My work can get very busy at times. Drop me a reminder if it takes too long. Thanks guys.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 06:57:36 »
I thought I did give my name? I'll have to check my pms...in any case, that's fine! Thanks!

Offline calavera

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 08:46:41 »
I enjoy typing on brown, blues, reds. They all have their pros so I just switch between them every time I feel like something else. It's great.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 09:57:21 »
Quote from: calavera;357283
I enjoy typing on brown, blues, reds. They all have their pros so I just switch between them every time I feel like something else. It's great.

Haha this is exactly what I do too. Toss in Topres too for a little variety. :)

Offline canon.tk

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 16:24:17 »
Quote from: Chobopants;357303
Haha this is exactly what I do too. Toss in Topres too for a little variety. :)

This can't be normal.
Filco Majestouch 104 Cherry MX Black; Filco Majestouch 87 Ninja Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch Indigo Blue 104 Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Red; Leopold 87 Otaku Cherry MX Brown; Leopold 87 Cherry MX Brown; Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 16:45:44 »
Quote from: canon.tk;357463
This can't be normal.

I think it is standard for Geekhack.

Offline nhwhaup

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 17:29:16 »
Quote from: hcry4;357474
I think it is standard for Geekhack.

Totally standard!
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline Wibox

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 18:36:03 »

From what I hear they are sort of like this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 June 2011, 18:49:25 by Wibox »
!! YKBDS !! - KBC Poker (Ergo Clear Cherry) - Apple M0116 (Pink ALPS) - Apple M0115 (Orange ALPS) - Das Keyboard (Blue Cherry) - IBM Model F - IBM Model M - Dell AT101W (White ALPS) - Cherry POS 8000 (Clear Cherry) - Apple Extended II (Cream ALPS)

Offline sordna

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 20:48:38 »
Ha, great illustration. Yes they are. Especially on keyboard that is comfortable and curvy in itself, like the Kinesis Advantage LF contoured:
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Engine

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 21:20:34 »
Will a person only enjoy Reds if they don't bottom out?  It seems to me that I would have to teach my self to touch type, in order to really get the Reds Cloud feeling but then agian, I am only guessing.
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline sordna

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 21:23:18 »
Touch typing is about hitting the right key without looking, has nothing to do with bottoming out or not.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline sordna

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:00:59 »
Quote from: Tony;357082
With red and brown, your fingers will be dancing on the keyboards. For browns, you can press with just the right force when you feel the bump, therefore you can touch type with confidence.

For most who don't touch type, they both are the same. Red may be preferable to them, since bumps are not needed.

Touch Typing does not mean "depressing the switch just far enough to actuate it". It means hitting the correct key without looking down, but whether you depress it 2mm 3mm or 4mm is an unrelated story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_typing

The alternative to Touch Type is "Hunt and Peck" (looking down at the keys).

In either case, the bump can indeed help you avoid bottoming out. But whether you are touch-typing or hunt-and-pecking is completely orthogonal to bottoming out.

You can touch type (avoid looking at the keys) just the same with any kind of switch.

-- Above message has been touch-typed on cherry reds. And I don't bottom out much because my Kinesis has a configurable electronic "click" sound.

Offline Engine

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:05:54 »
Ok, thanks for that explaination on touch typing.  But, apparently, Reds have a distinct feel as opposed to Browns.  This "cloud" feeling in Reds sounds good but can someone like me who bottoms out, enjoy Reds?  
Chobopants?
In order of purchase:

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:08:20 »
Quote from: nhwhaup;357497
Totally standard!

I've bought 5 keyboards that cost over $100 (two of which were over $200) in the past 6 months. Totally normal... :)

Offline canon.tk

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:08:24 »
I bought a Filco 104 with Reds for a friend and he bottoms out like no other and he likes the reds better than browns.

Offline sordna

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:12:25 »
If you bottom out on browns and like them, it means you don't really care for the "bump". So I bet you will enjoy reds (and maybe even blacks).

Offline Engine

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:14:29 »
Also, I need to say that I don't hunt and peck but my typing is medocre while looking at the screen.  
Chobopants, what is your typing style and what makes the reds nice for you for typing.
In order of purchase:

Offline Engine

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:16:08 »
@Sordna
That's what I'm wondering about.
In order of purchase:

Offline Engine

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:18:39 »
Quote from: sordna;357708
If you bottom out on browns and like them, it means you don't really care for the "bump". So I bet you will enjoy reds (and maybe even blacks).
I tend to agree with you.  I like to bottom out and so then, I'm wondering what I may get out of reds?
Can you or Chobopants explain what I may experience with reds?
I know that chobopants said it's a rising pressure, so it may be like clouds even if I bottom out?
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:21:40 by Engine »
In order of purchase:

Offline sordna

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:29:39 »
Quote from: Chobopants;356231

> Red is brown without the bump.

This is 100% untrue. Browns are nearly pure linear in force with just a bump in the middle. Reds have increasing force the more you depress them, hence the "Cloud of Boobs" effect. If you type on them side by side the difference is very noticeable. They're probably the two most similar boards I own but they have enough difference that I would tell someone to at least try both before making up their minds.

Red is brown without the bump during the last 2mm of the stroke. It's the same spring and it's compressed exactly the same way. I have both. The browns start off stiffer due to the friction involved, but if you push the switch up and down while keeping it below the bump (last 2mm of travel) you'll see they feel the same as the reds. The actuation graphs tell the same story, the brown starts a little stiffer and also has the bump, but by the time you approach the bottom-out point they are both at 60 cN of force.

Force charts for Browns and Reds:

Images courtesy of the Cherry Wiki
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 June 2011, 22:45:31 by sordna »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 08:09:29 »
After using reds for a few weeks it feels really good to be back on ergo clears. They are definitely my preferred switch for both typing and gaming.

Offline Wibox

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 08:11:41 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;357824
After using reds for a few weeks it feels really good to be back on ergo clears. They are definitely my preferred switch for both typing and gaming.

Hype machine. Is this a social experiment in creating a fad?
!! YKBDS !! - KBC Poker (Ergo Clear Cherry) - Apple M0116 (Pink ALPS) - Apple M0115 (Orange ALPS) - Das Keyboard (Blue Cherry) - IBM Model F - IBM Model M - Dell AT101W (White ALPS) - Cherry POS 8000 (Clear Cherry) - Apple Extended II (Cream ALPS)

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 08:12:59 »
No, its the damn honest truth.

Offline Wibox

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 08:25:44 »
I like them too but I miss the click. I still say a blue with a slider that has the feet of a clear would be the best Cherry switch ever. I want to get some prototyped but I'm worried that rapid prototyping material might not be up to par for a switch.

Offline Lester

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 10:02:50 »
Quote from: sordna;357717
Red is brown without the bump during the last 2mm of the stroke. It's the same spring and it's compressed exactly the same way. I have both. The browns start off stiffer due to the friction involved, but if you push the switch up and down while keeping it below the bump (last 2mm of travel) you'll see they feel the same as the reds. The actuation graphs tell the same story, the brown starts a little stiffer and also has the bump, but by the time you approach the bottom-out point they are both at 60 cN of force.

Show Image

Show Image

So basically red and brown require the same force? :o I've always thought red's were a lot lighter then all the other cherry switches.
How about blue's then? do they require more force then browns or reds? or are they just brown's with a clicky noise?

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 10:41:32 »
Quote from: sordna;357717

Show Image

Show Image

Very interesting. I guess the "bump" changes the feel quite a bit for me then. I really don't notice the increasing force on Browns when typing on them but its very noticeable on my Reds.

Offline morethanless

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 10:54:37 »
I think the increased amount of force before the pressure point on the mx brown switches plus the acceleration when the force drops from 55g to 40g give your fingers a momentum. This leads to not feeling the increase of force from 2mm to 4mm on the mx brown.

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless LineaR
(Cherry MX Red)