Author Topic: Best Mouse For Pinky Support  (Read 14953 times)

Offline Kavik

Best Mouse For Pinky Support
« on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 11:20:00 »
What is the best mouse for palm gripper (me) who gets a cramped pinky finger?

For years, I've been using the Logitech G500. I would probably consider it perfect if the right side were wider or there were a shelf for my pinky to rest. My pinky finger gets sore and uncomfortable after just a short period of gaming. I typically palm grip it with both my middle and ring fingers on the right click button and squeezing inward with my pinky to grip it.

The Mionix NAOS 7000 looked like the perfect shape, but, after buying one and using it for several weeks now, I have determined that it's less comfortable (the finger grooves don't really line up with my fingers right, and I don't like having a *specific* place and orientation I *have* to put my fingers in). I also bought the Mionix Castor, but it is too small, and thus the finger grooves are useless. I have to say I love the sensors on both Mionix mice, but I'm concerned with ergonomics at the moment.

At work, I use a Logitech M570 trackball. It's *almost* what I want in terms of shape. If it were a tad larger and not so sloped/curved to the right, it would probably be perfect as a regular mouse.

I'm partial to Logitechs, but it doesn't have to be that brand.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
Re: Best Mouse For Pinky Support
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:43:08 »
What is the best mouse for palm gripper (me) who gets a cramped pinky finger?

For years, I've been using the Logitech G500. I would probably consider it perfect if the right side were wider or there were a shelf for my pinky to rest. My pinky finger gets sore and uncomfortable after just a short period of gaming. I typically palm grip it with both my middle and ring fingers on the right click button and squeezing inward with my pinky to grip it.

The Mionix NAOS 7000 looked like the perfect shape, but, after buying one and using it for several weeks now, I have determined that it's less comfortable (the finger grooves don't really line up with my fingers right, and I don't like having a *specific* place and orientation I *have* to put my fingers in). I also bought the Mionix Castor, but it is too small, and thus the finger grooves are useless. I have to say I love the sensors on both Mionix mice, but I'm concerned with ergonomics at the moment.

At work, I use a Logitech M570 trackball. It's *almost* what I want in terms of shape. If it were a tad larger and not so sloped/curved to the right, it would probably be perfect as a regular mouse.

I'm partial to Logitechs, but it doesn't have to be that brand.

Get a trackman. I have the m570 too and don't even use it 10 percent of the time with my tracman.

Best part, the right click could not be more natural and comfortable for your pinky or ring finger to hit.

Here's a pic i took for you. i know it looks weird haha but i bent back my fingers i leave on the ball while my thumb and pinky rest at a natural position where either of them can click their button with no effort. Since the pinky is left extended at a natural angle. should prevent cramps. I never had one ever using this.

Please excuse the photo. I use a potato for a phone and don't have photography skills.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:38:29 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I may consider another trackball for work. I really need a mouse for gaming though. My attempts at using a trackball for vidyagames have proved difficult.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 00:14:07 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I may consider another trackball for work. I really need a mouse for gaming though. My attempts at using a trackball for vidyagames have proved difficult.

Different for everybody but while i can't use a thumb trackball I am too good at sniping in CS with a finger trackball

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 09:13:46 »

Welp, there go my suggestions...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline need

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 09:47:20 »

trackman's narrow body and the pronounced ridge at the centre gives me cramps in my palm after a while.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:10:55 »

trackman's narrow body and the pronounced ridge at the centre gives me cramps in my palm after a while.

The button placement cramps up my thumb for some reason. Not to mention setting up middle button emulation can be a chore if you're using multiple OS's.

I had some cramping issues with a similar albeit much cheaper mouse with a pinky rest. I switched to a wider mouse and now have almost zero fatigue in my thumb or pinky. I use claw/fingertip grip with ring/middle/index (middle for scroll). Those pinky finger mice are nice but they're really narrow at the top for some reason.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:21:02 »

Welp, there go my suggestions...

You may be onto something there. I'll have to try that shape; if I like it, I may attempt your mod.

Offline cutterline

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 00:19:52 »
Adjustable dimension mouse like madcatz?

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 04:23:32 »
I've never once gotten a trackman cramp, sorry y'all. Maybe a huge giant thing like a MS Sidewinder x5?

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 04:50:45 »
Apple Magic Touchpad?

But seriously, I have the same issue and I alterrnate between a Mionix Naos and an Anker vertical mouse.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 18:45:14 »
Apple Magic Touchpad?

But seriously, I have the same issue and I alterrnate between a Mionix Naos and an Anker vertical mouse.

These are unironically great, although i never took the time to set it up properly in windows or nix.