Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 279269 times)

Online chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3400 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 00:21:00 »
I apologize if I came off as rude or unappreciative. I or anyone I know didn't enter the contest so I have no skin in the game. The video was very well done, no one is arguing that. I was just making the comment that if someone who didn't know how to assemble keyboards wanted a tutorial, that video wouldn't suffice. Personally this is my first time building and programming a keyboard from scratch so a tutorial would have been useful for me. I'm technical and a programmer and been around in the mech space for awhile so I think I can make do, but for anyone less knowledgeable would need to look elsewhere.

Agreed, not saying it didn't time or effort (although I do think it would have been improved by removing the pop culture gifs/memes), it just wasn't a tutorial, which I was hoping to see come out of the contest.

Is there anything unique or obscure about putting together the M65-A?  If not, there are several tutorials about putting keyboard together on youtube and just on the internet- many of them are made for specific keyboards, but the steps are the same.  Step-by-Step specific to the keyboard is of course better, but not necessary, even for beginners.  I was a beginner less than a year ago, and looked up the different steps to get my board done.

What came out of the tutorial was what jchan wanted, apparently.  I would like to see the other entries just out of curiosity.
Clueboard Gateron Browns | Red Scarf Ver.b Mx Browns | KBD75 Gateron Browns | KC75 Gateron Browns | JD45 Mx Browns | miniVan Gateron Browns

Currently Supporting:

Online forevermadrigal

« Reply #3401 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:14:20 »
Prob dumb question, but where is this reset button at??

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
« Reply #3402 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:21:09 »
Ps2abrgb: None. Unplug usb, hold left control, and plug in usb. Or short ‘reset’and ‘ground’ pins on pcb.

Qmk: Button close to the MCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online forevermadrigal

« Reply #3403 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:25:27 »
Ps2abrgb: None. Unplug usb, hold left control, and plug in usb. Or short ‘reset’and ‘ground’ pins on pcb.

Qmk: Button close to the MCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I feared, I have to disassemble my board. Thank you :thumb: