Author Topic: An Alps clicky and tactile switch less weighted?  (Read 1627 times)

Offline directheatedtriode

An Alps clicky and tactile switch less weighted?
« on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 22:03:41 »
I've been using an SKCM white for a several weeks now trying to get used to the 70 g actuation force. I love, love love everything about this switch from the feel, sound, etc. But the 70 g is a bit too heavy for me with the amount of typing I do, I have tried my best to get accustomed to it. FWIW I find the MX Blue the perfect weight, but prefer the ALPS in all other areas.

Is there an ALPS clicky and tactile switch that would be more suited to me? Thanks.

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
Re: An Alps clicky and tactile switch less weighted?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 22:47:24 »
Just swap out the springs.

Offline directheatedtriode

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 22:57:33 »

With which ones?

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 23:00:48 »
With tactile or clicky Alps the weighting has less to do with the spring and more with the stiffness of the click or tactile leaf. SKCM Whites spring is only around 50g.

OP, if you want a lighter clicky Alps switch look at Matias switches or SKCM Orange, both are about the lightest Alps you can get that aren't linear.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 16:11:14 »
Orange springs in white housings makes a very pleasant combination.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"