Author Topic: 3d printed Soarer's converters! For sale later when I finish :)  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
Prototype Rev 1.0 includes a MicroUSB => PS/2 converter and a fully flashed and ready pro micro.

Supports most model IBM F's and model M's and pretty much any keyboard with a ps2 port with the IBM standard pinouts (aka 99.95%). I will make a version with an AT port at a later date

161720-0

Currently printing on my modified printer!
161722-1

Has three holes for led light observation. Snap on and snap off fit  :D . No screws needed.

3D printed case
3d prototypes available with limited edition hand drawn logo if you want broken bits and bobs lol

Will probs paint it too with acrylic paint or something XD
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 03:00:16 by Wingklip »
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline Wingklip

Update #1

Text print quality testing and tolerance examination (also ran it with a second piece cloned of the first, quality seems OK for text invisible to the naked eye  :blank:

I also found that it would fit teensies! Doesn't even need an adapter, though a small piece of plastic would be good to do the trick.

The entire assembly relies on the presence of small tabs that hold the small box together. Everything is pretty rounded so the chance of impact damage is pretty low. The shell is currently PLA and 3mm thick. Would ABS do better for quality? IDK, but I heard it does better for impact resistance.
161853-0

I also took ANOTHER half a dozen hours and further set about improving the designs. It's drastically different now but still uses the same principles. Maybe I should use magnets? Maybe I should migrate the tabs to the other half?

Who knows? You guys have the say  :D
161855-1
161857-2
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline Wingklip

Orihalcon watch out!

I've got 4 of these flashed already and ready for soldering when I get some solder. My 3d printer broke again but I have fixed it yet again! xd nothing does better than strapping 2 motors together in some ghetto rig. Apart from that only a blocked nozzle is between me and mass production.

161999-0
162001-1

WHERE IS THE INTEREST HAHAHAHHA

My prices are going to be pretty dirt cheap compared to your elegant solutions if I am to sell these.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2017, 00:01:32 by Wingklip »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Wingklip

Orihalcon watch out!

your elegant solutions

Pussies! This is a man's project:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58941.msg1348717#msg1348717

Reckon I should make one with multiple input?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Reckon I should make one with multiple input?

No, just trolling.

With the small cheap breakout boards it makes more sense to make a tiny discreet dongle for each type of connector.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Wingklip

My plan  >:D

Offline Wingklip

More photos :)
162197-0
162199-1
162201-2
162203-3

Offline Wingklip

I fixed my printer! (Mostly)

The plastic is actually transparent now and looks kind of cool xd162758-0162758-1162760-2162762-3162764-4162766-5162768-6

Offline Wingklip

More updates!

163946-0
163948-1
163950-2

Finally got black abs printing. Next mission is to print out an abs red case top. Also improved the retainers so that they hold better and flex more :) that way the clips won't wear down as fast or break easily.

Tbh might just use a screw each lol

Offline dantan

Re: 3d printed Soarer's converters! For sale later when I finish :)
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 12:21:37 »
omg... costs are going to go through the floor from now on!

Offline Wingklip

Re: 3d printed Soarer's converters! For sale later when I finish :)
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:29:35 »
I think not! I am currently designing around printed pins and without the need for any post processing save the insertion of magnets.

Magnets will be plan A. I have also drastically improved the clip design to be more robust and removed the text from the side of the converter, placing it inside instead.

12 magnets per fully assembled converter

Base cost of that is like 12 cents.
Converter is 5$
manpower and electricity takes another ten
then postage around 5

So around 20 aud final. Still half the price of orihalcon's and als open to modification and strap on conversion, so it has it's positives.