Author Topic: [GB] Evil 80 (finished production)  (Read 89738 times)

Offline mmontess

Re: [GB] Evil 80 (finished production)
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 00:33:01 »
Well, the good news is my board did actually arrive to my apartment.

The bad news is that is has a gigantic gash right above the name plate :(

Show Image

Totally understandable though, would have been completely out of character for something related to this group buy to actually have gone smoothly.

I am pretty peeved.

I have reached out to Ramiel about this and have not heard anything back. I know he has no obligation to reply since the buy is pretty much completed but I am holding out hope that he will attempt to make things right somehow.
This really just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes me very hesitant to enter any additional buys moving forward. Paying this much, waiting this long and receiving a damaged board is totally unacceptable.

Offline Latto

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 11:21:49 »
Anyone have any updates on anything?

I've emailed Huan a few more times with no response....

Offline mmontess

« Reply #302 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 14:40:07 »

Nope. Never heard back about the glaring cosmetic issue with my board despite reaching out. Not shocked to hear that some people still have not received theirs. Such a cluster, man...

Offline superhot

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 02:48:33 »

Nope. Never heard back about the glaring cosmetic issue with my board despite reaching out. Not shocked to hear that some people still have not received theirs. Such a cluster, man...

Still haven't received a tracking number.

But I got to see the board at Mechanicon and now am very hyped to get mine!

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 16:52:58 »
Does anyone who has their board know what the right most indicator LED is set to by default or how to change it? It defaults to being on whenever the board is plugged into a PC with power and it's not a num lock indicator or any other kind of toggle-able indicator from what I can tell. The other ones are simply caps and scroll lock and they work just fine.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 19:25:16 »
Is this GB dead? Has everyone received their boards?

Offline mmontess

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 23:48:58 »
Is this GB dead? Has everyone received their boards?
GB runner seems to have abandoned ship a while ago, and Huan was only reachable through a few members who shared communication channels with him.
I hope everyone received their board, but man, this GB flat out sucked, lol.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #307 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 23:51:23 »
Gb runner disappeared and Huan has stopped responding through email since October on my end. No keyboard no nothing.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 23:52:12 »
That's rough... I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Does anyone know how many boards actually went out?

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 23:52:54 »
If you haven't received you board or have any other issues, you need to contact Huan through QQ

Offline Delirious

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 00:23:34 »
If you haven't received you board or have any other issues, you need to contact Huan through QQ

So you’re telling me to go buy a car at a local dealership, but when it’s time to go get my car, which I purchase locally, I have to drag my car-less ass to some bum **** middle of somewhere else to get my car?

They came to GH, had an interest check and then a group buy thread. Everything was done through this platform for the buyers’ convenience. But as soon as money exchanged hands, it’s for the convenience of the seller. Great deal. At this point I called it a wash, it is very frustrating and shady.

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 00:27:31 »

So you’re telling me to go buy a car at a local dealership, but when it’s time to go get my car, which I purchase locally, I have to drag my car-less ass to some bum **** middle of somewhere else to get my car?

They came to GH, had an interest check and then a group buy thread. Everything was done through this platform for the buyers’ convenience. But as soon as money exchanged hands, it’s for the convenience of the seller. Great deal. At this point I called it a wash, it is very frustrating and shady.

That's a bad analogy since Huan is not the gb runner and this is no purchase made by a registered businesses.

But yeah, if you can't take 10 minutes to make a QQ account and get in contact with the original creator to get your $500 board sorted, you will just have to take the loss, cuz ramiel is nowhere to be seen.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 00:31:12 by wixxzblu »

Offline Delirious

« Reply #312 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 00:29:20 »

That's a bad analogy since Huan is not the gb runner and this is no purchase made by a registered businesses.

That’s even worse now, so gb runner is basically gone?

All I want to know is where’s the guy that controls the money? We paid that guy so clearly he has the power to make any executive decision. I don’t need to be led around in a circle just to chase tails after tails.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 00:36:26 by Delirious »

Offline mmontess

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 22:04:46 »

That’s even worse now, so gb runner is basically gone?

All I want to know is where’s the guy that controls the money? We paid that guy so clearly he has the power to make any executive decision. I don’t need to be led around in a circle just to chase tails after tails.

It's not fair and you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to reach out, but if getting your board is a priority that's probably your best way to see if you can make it happen. I completely understand your frustration though.

Offline ristrettoboy

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 05:59:58 »
So the delivery of my board was messed up. I received someone else's board and they received mine. Huan gave me their address so I sent the board to them, but about 2 months later is was returned saying it could not be delivered(the joys of international postage).

If you are the person with my board, I have your board with the nameplate 'Tura Sugden'. Please reach out to me here to arrange the swap, going through Huan is unlikely to be useful at this point.

Offline ristrettoboy

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 17:30:21 »
bump for the person who ordered the "tura sugden" board, please message me here.

Offline superhot

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 04:48:57 »
Gb runner disappeared and Huan has stopped responding through email since October on my end. No keyboard no nothing.

yh same.

thanks for the idea regarding contacting huan on QQ

Offline Latto

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 09:28:07 »
Nearly 1 year since I paid for this and no response and no board. Is there a method to report Ramiel to mods for this? $600 just stolen at this point....

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 10:39:26 »
Nearly 1 year since I paid for this and no response and no board. Is there a method to report Ramiel to mods for this? $600 just stolen at this point....

Latto you need to contact Huan, the evil80 runner in china.
the QQ group is 471986695

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 11:41:13 »
Although it was quite late and I had trouble communicating with the runner and Huan, I did get my board and I was even able to get replacement parts (I had ordered an additional PCB which didn't arrive in the original box) so I am very sad to hear that there are still people without their boards.

It looks like they were all manufactured at least so I am unsure what the cause of the fulfillment delays are...

Offline Latto

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 01:24:25 »
I have contacted Huan about 20 times... Every time such broken English his answers make no sense and he never answers follow up emails. Mind you I have been very polite in communication and nothing but money gone and no real answers about anything. Again is there a process with geekhack to report Ramiel for this kind of scammy dealing?

Offline Latto

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 21:20:01 »
A email from Huan after months of silence saying the forgotten nameplates are ready and please remind me what parts you ordered originally.. And Evil82 case was advertised in the email if I wanted to buy more... 1 year and 5 months later shipping my board.

Offline Im

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:05:32 »
2020... Any news regarding this GB?

Offline superhot

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 16:28:43 »
I know I'm pretty late ask this, bit I've been out of the game for a long time now.

What percentage of buyers have recieved their board? Is there still a chance to recieve mine?
Also, to everyone who already got theirs: I am happy for you! :D