Author Topic: An easy way to install buckling springs (with video)  (Read 1031 times)

Offline sv650touring

An easy way to install buckling springs (with video)
« on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 13:33:13 »

If you want to skip the video, the trick here is to put the spring in a tube to prevent it from buckling while you are pressing it into place.

I have found very useful posts here before (for example, the correct pins to solder up a PS/2 cable rather than spending $20+ on an SDL cable), and when this method worked so easily for me, I thought maybe somebody here might find it useful too.

Offline OldIsNew

Re: An easy way to install buckling springs (with video)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 14:55:56 »
Interesting, looks pretty neat and simple. Will have to try it and see how compares to the chopstick-o-death!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 17:31:01 »

see how compares to the chopstick-o-death!

A few years ago there was another variant that, as I vaguely remember, used the shaft of a 1/4" pop rivet.

There really should be a place marker for these things.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:22:00 »
Great idea. I like it.  :thumb: Something like this would have saved me a lot of time trying to get all of the flippers on my new F77 to function. I wonder if Ellipse should consider adding this to his documentation.