Metalliqaz's Project Zeta
50 (69.4%)
Pr0ximity's 356 Mini
15 (20.8%)
BlueNalgene's KUL ES-87
7 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Mon, 08 June 2015, 04:12:25

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - May - Vote  (Read 10453 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - May - Vote
« on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 04:10:52 »
It's that time again people. This month we had nine different nominations, with two stand-out boards that took a combined 19 plus ones!

The three nominees for this month are:

Metalliqaz's Project Zeta

Build thread can be found here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71161.0

Pr0ximity's 356 Mini with R3 Black on Black caps

More images can be found here -> https://imgur.com/a/PBpwZ

And finally BlueNalgene's hydrodipped wood grain KUL ES-87 with 1976 caps

More info can be found here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1749769#msg1749769

Don't need to post the previous threads because they are all below this one ;)

Rules however, are here:

More
1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like, (even yourself) and any person can have any number of nominations every month.

a.   These boards should be ones you are drawn to, ones that stand out for one reason or another. Keysets, modifications, whatever you fancy. I don’t want to have to post guidelines or restrictions on the boards, but I may change this depending on the types of submissions we get over the first few months. Please also say a little bit about each board you nominate, as to the reasons why you think it deserves to be up for KOTM.

b.   The board must have been posted to the forums since the start of the calendar month. It can have been posted before then, but you must provide a link to the images that were posted after the first day of the calendar month.

c.   Keyboards may be resubmitted in subsequent months, but they must have had a picture or progress posted within the calendar month that they are nominated for.

d.   NO THEMES RIGHT NOW. These may or may not follow in the coming months. This also may or may not tie in with the calendar that may or may not happen at the end of next year.

2.   However, after the initial two week period of nominations, a user will only have ONE board get through to the final public voting process. The final three nominees will be selected by myself from the most nominated and praised board in the nomination thread. E.G. If one board is posted and has the most +1s, quotes or references  by other users in said thread, that will be chosen as one of the final three. Essentially, there is a crowd unofficial voting before the public voting. The final three are not up to me, they are up to you.

3.   PLEASE post some good quality photos of the board you are nominating. I’m not looking for Macro lenses and DSLRs, but maybe more than one, top down, blurry shot would be nice. I realise if it isn’t your board there isn’t much you can do about it, but just pick a couple that aren’t terrible from an album or post.

4.   On the 1st of every month, a poll thread will go up. This will consist of three finalists. Again, a user will only have one of their boards get through to this stage during any particular month. You can of course be nominated on another month. There will be one vote per person, and the results will remain anonymous until the voting closes.

5.   After a period of one week, the voting will be closed and a winner will be announced. The winner will be posted both on that month's voting thread, and the following month's nominations thread. I’m not sure if there will be a prize every month, but if there is then I will sort it out and backdate it if I come up with one in a few months time.

6.   The winner of each monthly process will go through to the ANNUAL KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR process, and the winner of the will DEFINITELY win a prize which I will work out in a year’s time.

Poll will close in 7 days time! Good luck everyone!

Edit: I hope I've done the poll right  :-X
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 04:15:40 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keyboard of the Month - May - Vote
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 05:55:54 »
Very vote :)

Another difficult choice, made so by the high quality and individualism shown in the nominated keyboards again!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 06:14:46 »
I've got a feeling about Metalliqaz's Project Zeta's board ;)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:02:48 »
Voting for Metalliqaz's Project Zeta because of the sheer amount of effort and customisation he put behind it, as well as looking great.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:14:57 »
Oh, and katushkin, I forgot to say that I can see the keyboard I voted for (it is in bold), but I can't see the overall poll results.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:15:43 »
voted for Pr0x that is a sexy mini  :-X
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:41:10 »
Oh, and katushkin, I forgot to say that I can see the keyboard I voted for (it is in bold), but I can't see the overall poll results.

I think it's intended so that people don't vote based on current results.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:43:43 »
that thing is seriously ridiculous
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:56:54 »
I didn't even think my little project would get a nomination in the first place.  Good looking boards here.  Good luck to all.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 15:59:33 »

It is intended. It's to avoid the situation we had in March, and generally to keep it a surprise. Also partly so more people vote as they don't know what the running total is.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:32:36 »
I vote for KUL ES-87.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:38:01 »
Holy crap that Kul is beautiful I vote for the KUL
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:51:50 »
Easiest vote I ever made. Metalliqaz's Zeta.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 16:56:10 »

It is intended. It's to avoid the situation we had in March, and generally to keep it a surprise. Also partly so more people vote as they don't know what the running total is.

Yes, I know :)

I just thought I'd mention it in case katushkin has a different view, like can see the results as they develop.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:37:44 »

Casual Tactile in the background  :p
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:50:54 »
Yes, I know :)

I just thought I'd mention it in case katushkin has a different view, like can see the results as they develop.

Thanks, it is the first poll I've ever made, and that confirms it's working as designed.

But I do have a different view ;)

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 17:54:07 »
red plate!!! black everything else!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 18:09:41 »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sup son?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 21:48:58 »

I just saw this. Voted for it as well, 1976 was made for this kind of thing! I had the same idea months ago when i bought 1976. I had my QFR (http://i.imgur.com/rzWeAWp.jpg) hydrodipped in preparation, then decided I wanted a different color/better keyboard and got another Novatouch and had it hydrodipped (http://i.imgur.com/ssfJtJY.jpg) instead. I think I like his color better, but I think it would be even better with a matte finish.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2015, 00:43:16 by livingspeedbump »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 03:15:23 »
So torn between the 1976 kul and Metalliqaz's Zeta.  :-\

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 03:44:42 »
that thing is seriously ridiculous

yeah I was all about the purple glow, but that rock solid black monster.... keyboard...

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:44:15 »

I just saw this. Voted for it as well, 1976 was made for this kind of thing! I had the same idea months ago when i bought 1976. I had my QFR (http://i.imgur.com/rzWeAWp.jpg) hydrodipped in preparation, then decided I wanted a different color/better keyboard and got another Novatouch and had it hydrodipped (http://i.imgur.com/ssfJtJY.jpg) instead. I think I like his color better, but I think it would be even better with a matte finish.

I saw your original hydrodip post on Reddit a while back, and I've loved the idea since then.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 07:58:11 »
Wow no activity in 3 days? Time for a bump.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:38:46 »
I apologise for the inactivity recently, I've been at a festival over the weekend. Thanks for the bump though njbair :)

Congratulations to Metalliqaz and his fantastic Project Zeta! A worthy winner, coming out on top over stiff competition.

Thank you to all who voted :) See you again next month!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 15:16:29 »
Congratulations metalliqaz :)

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 15:29:04 »
Metalliqaz really has a great board there.

pr0x, wanna go to the loser's lounge and get drunk with me?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:14:19 »
Thanks guys, I never thought I'd find myself on one of these lists.

You've uncovered the secret plot to commission my board for magazine advertising!  :eek:  CPT plays the long game

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 17:16:18 »

See you there!

Congrats Metalliqaz! Awesome board, you deserve the win  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 17:33:57 »

I'll show you guys around, already been there twice :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"