Author Topic: Help new to keycaps  (Read 4050 times)

Offline GDirtyDan

Help new to keycaps
« on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 00:57:43 »
anyone know what key kaps would be good for me i like rolling over my keys but my key caps are curved and it hurts

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Help new to keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 02:22:37 »
anyone know what key kaps would be good for me i like rolling over my keys but my key caps are curved and it hurts

G20 profile keycaps are flat, but I'm not sure if they're made anymore.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Penguiniez

Re: Help new to keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 15:55:30 »
I have a problem, so basically my spacebar was rattling so I lubed the stabs with silicone spray, with a paintbrush of course. It worked good. my problem is on one side of the spacebar it's still rattly, on the right side but not on the left. Now here's where things get weird, when I flip the spacebar, the side where the rattling is which is the right, becomes okay but the rattling flip and goes to the left. So now I'm thinking whether it could be the keycaps or not. I have tested it out and yes if I use the spacebar the other way around, meaning the incline of the spacebar is facing inwards. The left side rattles, when I use it normally the right side rattles. I did try pressing the spacebar all the way across the whole thing while applying the same pressure during spacebar flipped and not and yes what I said is true. Sooooo could it be that the keycaps of the spacebar is causing this? and if so what is the fix?