Author Topic: [GB] Gonna take you right into the ... DANGER ZONE! [Shipped]  (Read 76400 times)

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [GB] Gonna take you right into the ... DANGER ZONE! [Cleared for Takeoff]
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 02:31:55 »
Just came in today!!

Offline amandah

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 23:41:18 »
Just got mine and LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEE it so much!! I'm going to be having waaaay too much fun at work with these keys. :p

Am trying to put it on my WASD keyboard w/ clears - and keep having trouble with the stabilizers. The keys keep falling off and won't stay correctly - and also keep getting stuck if I finally manage to get it on somehow. This keeps happening with any keycaps with my WASD. Is this normal? Any tips?

Thanks!

Offline turboloser

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 06:34:47 »
Mine has been at my local UPS office for three days.

Kinda worried someone did something to the package.

Offline Data

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 11:15:06 »
UPS transferred mine to the post office this morning, so I probably won't see it until Friday.   :rolleyes:

Photos have been good so far.  I'm still eager to see what they did with the legends in the Wingman Pack.

Offline amandah

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:56:55 »
Quick shot of my WASD clears with the Wingman pack enjoying itself on my desk at work  :thumb: :D

I love the way these keys feel - except for this darn unstabilized space bar and the left shift key that keeps getting stuck.

Any tips on the best grouping/order for the Wingman pack's keys across the top row so that it makes the most sense would also be much appreciated! (I need to touch up my fighter pilot vocab....!)

Offline Data

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 21:03:48 »
I was surprised to find my order in the mailbox today.  USPS did their jobs this time.   :p

Unfortunately there are some minor production errors, and one huge one: AeroDox Pack was manufactured almost entirely in the wrong base color.  I've reached out to the Massdrop guys to see what we can do.  Apologies in advance to anyone else who bought that kit.  If Massdrop had done as they promised and allowed me to QC the set prior to shipment this could have been avoided.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is enjoying it.

amandah:  I did a sample with the Wingman Pack here:  http://i.imgur.com/MKJHspj.png  I think the nav cluster has the keys you're referring to.  Putting them in the Function row was something I hadn't considered -- nice idea.  Thanks for the photo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 21:05:31 by Data »

Offline morcles

• sktchrigzpoxlub
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 07:56:48 »
I love the way these keys feel - except for this darn unstabilized space bar and the left shift key that keeps getting stuck.

My spacebar was wobbly too.
I had to use a few layers of plasic for my Filco stabilizer-inserts to firmly stay into the DZ spacebar stems.
Now it's fine. Hope this does the trick for you too.

Your square+curly braces keys are swapped and mounted uʍop ǝpᴉsdn. The curlies go above the squares.
The \| is upside down too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2016, 07:59:11 by morcles »
Filco FKBN104MC/EB2 - Filco FKBN87MRL/EW2 + HID Liberation Device - Filco FKBN87M/EB2 + HID Liberation Device - KBC Poker X - Cherry G80-1813HFX Dolch PAC-62 - Cherry G80-3000LPCXY-2 - Mionix NAOS 5000

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:17:00 »
Quick shot of my WASD clears with the Wingman pack enjoying itself on my desk at work  :thumb: :D

Any tips on the best grouping/order for the Wingman pack's keys across the top row so that it makes the most sense would also be much appreciated! (I need to touch up my fighter pilot vocab....!)

Looks really good actually, isn't that a CODE? WASDs have black plates, CODEs have white iirc.

Offline amandah

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:19:56 »
My spacebar was wobbly too.
I had to use a few layers of plasic for my Filco stabilizer-inserts to firmly stay into the DZ spacebar stems.
Now it's fine. Hope this does the trick for you too.

Your square+curly braces keys are swapped and mounted uʍop ǝpᴉsdn. The curlies go above the squares.
The \| is upside down too.

Thank youuu, kind soul! I noticed the upside downess yesterday while typing... brought my key puller today to fix it!

I noticed my "T", "7", and "9" keys are a bit higher than the rest as well... I've tried pushing them down a bit more but it still seems to jut up a bit. Not enough to be annoying but just slightly noticeable.

And yes, I tried the ol' 1cm x 1cm of tape on the space bar stabilizers and it WORKED!! I cannot tell you how HAPPY I was to have a working spacebar. Makes me love this keyset even more, if that was even possible hahah.

Looks really good actually, isn't that a CODE? WASDs have black plates, CODEs have white iirc.

Yes! Sharp eyes! :) Thanks for clarifying - it's a CODE. I got so used to calling it WASD to tell people in the office where it's from.

Offline amandah

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:28:31 »
amandah:  I did a sample with the Wingman Pack here:  http://i.imgur.com/MKJHspj.png  I think the nav cluster has the keys you're referring to.  Putting them in the Function row was something I hadn't considered -- nice idea.  Thanks for the photo.

Thanks for the render! I was thinking about placing the Wingman pack in the media keys section as well if only so I could have "Gear up" and "Gear down" for Pg up/down.  :cool: Might switch it over to that at some point.

Now I wish I got that Dogfighter pack solely for the yellow "Airstrike" key.....  :thumb:

Slight note - my "Master Arm" key came in blue and not gray as shown in the Wingman pack.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 17:04:40 »
Got my caps. Looks fantastic! Great job Data. Well worth the wait!
128760-0

Edit: I snuck a few Rad Hard caps in there ;-)
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2016, 08:30:32 by engicoder »

Offline Data

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 07:44:00 »

Thanks for the render! I was thinking about placing the Wingman pack in the media keys section as well if only so I could have "Gear up" and "Gear down" for Pg up/down.  :cool: Might switch it over to that at some point.

Now I wish I got that Dogfighter pack solely for the yellow "Airstrike" key.....  :thumb:

Slight note - my "Master Arm" key came in blue and not gray as shown in the Wingman pack.

Thanks for the note.  Some of these errors are really surprising.

Offline jamie_s

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 07:44:16 »
Got mine today...look at them in their ISO glory  :cool:

Shame about the £20 import fees on top :-(

WASD V2 Novatouch TKL

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 08:05:38 »
Mine came in today!

Offline Data

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:02:02 »
Mine came in today!

Show Image

Damn, that almost looks like a render.   :eek:

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:05:52 »
Mine came in today!

Show Image

Damn, that almost looks like a render.   :eek:

I've been getting that a lot lol

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 16:25:24 »

Offline Data

Re: [GB] Gonna take you right into the ... DANGER ZONE! [Shipped]
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:16:32 »
Cross-posting from Massdrop:

Guys, right now there are 3 main errors that we know about:
1. AeroDox wrong primary color
2. Wingman "Master Arm" key wrong primary color
3. No bump-style homing keys in any pack

Please go through your kits over the next couple of days and reply here with any major errors. I'm looking for missing keys, wrong colors, incorrect legends, and anything like that. I didn't buy everything so the only way I can know there's a problem with certain kits is if you speak up. Thanks!

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 10:54:00 »

Please go through your kits over the next couple of days and reply here with any major errors. I'm looking for missing keys, wrong colors, incorrect legends, and anything like that. I didn't buy everything so the only way I can know there's a problem with certain kits is if you speak up. Thanks!

Yep, I had all these issues, and some others.

- The Dogfighter grey on blue WASD cluster has it's blue characters worn and patchy.
- The grey Tab key has a worn 'T'
- The pipe symbol (on both blue and grey keys) seems to have been molded wrongly, looking like a colon.

I've sent this off to Massdrop as well, and hopefully they'll get back to me on that.

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 10:55:53 »

- The Dogfighter grey on blue WASD cluster has it's blue characters worn and patchy.
- The pipe symbol (on both blue and grey keys) seems to have been molded wrongly, looking like a colon. (Can see this on my earlier photo I posted, as well at the bottom of the 'T' in Tab being worn)

I've sent this off to Massdrop as well, and hopefully they'll get back to me on that.

Offline Data

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 21:52:44 »

- The pipe symbol (on both blue and grey keys) seems to have been molded wrongly, looking like a colon.

Can you provide a photo of your Dogfighter problem so I can see what you're talking about?  A simple cell phone pic would probably do.

Are you referring to the Tab key in the base kit?  That might be a one-off.  I haven't seen anyone else with that issue.  Definitely contact Massdrop for a replacement.

The pipe | symbol is two parts in this font.  That's not an error.  If you're running Windows, open a command prompt and type the pipe key a few times.  It can appear as one or two "pieces" depending on the font.  Either is technically correct.  But if you're referring to a different legend than the one I'm thinking of here, please let me know.

Offline Data

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 13:05:57 »
Still working with Massdrop to request the following corrections from SP.

• AeroDox are in the wrong color
  • Wingman Pack "Master Arm" in the wrong color
  • Base Set didn't' have bump "F" & "J"
  • Numpad didn't have bump "5"
  • Maverick Pack "H" "U" "N" "T" didn't have bumps when they were suppose to

If anyone has something to add may he speak now or forever hold his peace.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 18:50:24 »

I haven't got any emails or communications from MD about these mishaps - are they going to send them to everyone affected or do we need to get in contact with them individually?

Offline Data

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 10:49:14 »

I haven't got any emails or communications from MD about these mishaps - are they going to send them to everyone affected or do we need to get in contact with them individually?
In the past they've shipped out the replacements automatically on a kit-by-kit basis.  I predict this will be the same, but I'll confirm with Yanbo.

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 13:45:14 »

Can you provide a photo of your Dogfighter problem so I can see what you're talking about?  A simple cell phone pic would probably do.

Are you referring to the Tab key in the base kit?  That might be a one-off.  I haven't seen anyone else with that issue.  Definitely contact Massdrop for a replacement.

The pipe | symbol is two parts in this font.  That's not an error.  If you're running Windows, open a command prompt and type the pipe key a few times.  It can appear as one or two "pieces" depending on the font.  Either is technically correct.  But if you're referring to a different legend than the one I'm thinking of here, please let me know.

The pipe key is fine then, my mistake. You can see the WASD cluster in the pic below, and the bottom of the TAB key seems to have not been completely filled on the T. I've already sent pics and an email to Massdrop.

Offline Data

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 15:36:03 »

The pipe key is fine then, my mistake. You can see the WASD cluster in the pic below, and the bottom of the TAB key seems to have not been completely filled on the T. I've already sent pics and an email to Massdrop.
Thanks, yeah.  Your WASD looks a bit lean.  I'll mention this to Yanbo.  I'm supposed to have a Dogfighter kit on the way to me, I'll try to confirm when I see it.  If this is common in the kit we will address it with SP as a production/QC error.

Your TAB key is definitely off too.  Unfortunately that's not one that we can address with the production errors.  It's just a bad cast.  Hopefully Massdrop is able to send you a replacement.  Sorry you got a bad one.

Offline YabosMcGee

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:13:54 »
I've

In the past they've shipped out the replacements automatically on a kit-by-kit basis.  I predict this will be the same, but I'll confirm with Yanbo.

I've been happy with my set since it came in. I actually just came to this thread out of curiosity. So, it wasn't until I read the last few posts that I realize that I was also missing "bump" homing keys. Personally, I don't think I'd ever switch from scoops, but it would probably be a good idea to have them just in case. Was there ever confirmation on whether we needed to contact Massdrop about getting them? Either way, great set. Everyone compliments it all the time.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:15:03 »
I've

I've been happy with my set since it came in. I actually just came to this thread out of curiosity. So, it wasn't until I read the last few posts that I realize that I was also missing "bump" homing keys. Personally, I don't think I'd ever switch from scoops, but it would probably be a good idea to have them just in case. Was there ever confirmation on whether we needed to contact Massdrop about getting them? Either way, great set. Everyone compliments it all the time.

I don't think there was bumps - the sets are supposed to be missing f and j homing keys - is that right?

edit: didn't realise there were bumped f and j's included. deep dish keys are included
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:16:36 by swimmingbird »

Offline Data

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 08:25:54 »
ALL the homing keys were intended to be BUMPS, UNLESS you bought the Goose Pack.  I had a feeling this would happen when the set went to production, so I made sure to mention it to Melissa in my last email to her in November.  But they still got it wrong.

Offline YabosMcGee

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 21:28:59 »
ALL the homing keys were intended to be BUMPS, UNLESS you bought the Goose Pack.  I had a feeling this would happen when the set went to production, so I made sure to mention it to Melissa in my last email to her in November.  But they still got it wrong.

Wait, the base TKL kit was supposed to only have bumps and not scoops? Then I have to say, best mistake ever. Sorry, but I've never had scoops before. Now I can't go back to bumps. Don't take away mah scoopz.

Offline MassdropYanbo

• Massdrop Mech Keys
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 23:29:46 »

It will be automated

Also, wanted to post some pictures of our set!

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2016, 01:32:41 by MassdropYanbo »

Offline Data

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 07:30:58 »
^ Freakin sweet.

Yanbo I'll have those images wrapped up tonight and launch them into your inbox before I go to bed.  :D

Offline engicoder

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:32:22 »
Got my fix kit for Danger Zone today!

Offline Data

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 01:27:54 »
They messed up the Master Arm key from the Wingman Pack again. This was supposed to be the fixed key that they randomly made in the wrong color the first time. Now they got the right color but they changed the key size randomly to 2.25u. I even annotated the correct key size on my error report images to SP, but apparently the people running production and QC either can't ****ing read or don't give a ****.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 08:31:40 »
They messed up the Master Arm key from the Wingman Pack again. This was supposed to be the fixed key that they randomly made in the wrong color the first time. Now they got the right color but they changed the key size randomly to 2.25u. I even annotated the correct key size on my error report images to SP

Ouch, that's hilarious.  I'm sure they'll make it whole if for no other reason but to avoid the retooling and shipping expenses.  Trite I'm sure considering the business they're receiving, but kind of cray cray since they had the correct information from you prior to running it through the press.  I'm sure they'll take care of us, thanks for submitting the fix report back to them :thumb: