Author Topic: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 557521 times)

Offline SuperBo

Re: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES NOW LIVE!!!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 20:45:36 »
 :eek: Awesome  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:13:22 »
HYPED  :cool: :cool: :cool:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:30:03 »
Could you make a closeup disassemble picture of both linear/tactile switches? I would like to see the stems. Thanks!
Annnd ... could we vancouverites pick it up to save shipping money to buy more switch? :D
Will PM for local pickup info. Stem pics will come soon.

I'm going to spend the whole month wondering if 67g was the right call, or if I should have gone with 65g instead.

reading the reviews it sounded like 65g was the sweet spot in comparison to Ergo Clears @ 62g, due to the smoothness of Gateron.

I think I have a broken memory, because I thought I read these springs were sourced from Sprit, but I can't find that anywhere. Are these Gateron springs or are they from another source? I already have 65g gold plated Sprit springs so I went with 62g and 67g and could switch (hue hue) if necessary.

I have found 65g to be the sweet spot for me.

Last I knew, Zeal sourced his springs from Sprit and then got springs manufactured to match Sprits springs.  I could be wrong, but that is what I heard...

I used to resell sprit springs. The current gold plated springs found in Zealios are tweaked to my spec, modified and/or new, such as the 67g weight. None of them have the same coil ratio/length as sprit's.
You used sprit springs as your weight comparison though right?  Your springs will basically match sprits equivalent springs.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:34:15 »
In for 100 of the 65g!  :D

Though, I only need 62...guess I'll figure out what to do with the other 38. I ordered more than needed as I learned my lesson with the sadster GB...

Can't wait for these. Almost bought a cable alongside this purchase but you were out of purple paracords Zeal :(

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:34:44 »
If I liked MX Browns and MX Clears, but sometimes found clears a little too heavy, and browns a little too light, which of these if any would be in between these two? 

62g or 65g. 62g would be closer to browns, and 65g closer to Clears in tactile feel.

Sometimes, though, a smoother switch feels "lighter" so that's something to consider. I would probably lean towards the 65g.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ImBZppl

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:37:02 »
I am going to need to wait till the last moment to join in on this. My wallet is giving me the silent treatment. (Actually my finances are in good shape I just need to practice some discipline and resist.)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:49:53 »
I am going to need to wait till the last moment to join in on this. My wallet is giving me the silent treatment. (Actually my finances are in good shape I just need to practice some discipline and resist.)
That's honorable. I'm doing the same, though I may wait anyway and do the Mira bundle.

Offline jackiecanev2

[GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES NOW LIVE!!!
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:03:53 »
Are you only offering overnight shipping? For my area (VA, U.S.), the shipping options are overnight 10am, overnight noon, or overnight end of day and that's it.... am I just not hyped and serious enough for this buy??

Edit: will these be made available separately/specifically with the Mira GB, for those that have a slot?
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline ika

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:06:10 »
Would a US proxy be cheaper? Not sure how DHL Express scales, but packages under 13 oz can be sent via First Class for like $3. Priority Mail under 1lb will be $6 or less. I'm guessing the majority of buyers will be from the US, so it could be worth looking into.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:07:30 »
Are you only offering overnight shipping? For my area (VA, U.S.), the shipping options are overnight 10am, overnight noon, or overnight end of day and that's it.... am I just not hyped and serious enough for this buy??

Edit: will these be made available separately/specifically with the Mira GB, for those that have a slot?

Quoted from my Vendor forum:
To everyone asking for a cheaper USA shipping method: There's only Canada Post Tracked Packet USA (4-10 business days), and it costs a mere $1-2 less. Canada Post doesn't have the low prices you guys have in the states. Good thing is overnight shipping is well worth it, trust me. ;)

For the majority of people, by end of day should be default. The guaranteed time sensitive deliveries may not be available for all parts of the state.

Zealios will be available for Mira, though I can't 100% guarantee that you'll be able to select your desired amount of switches (so it might just be a static drop down menu with 90/100 switches). There's some limitations in the back-end that may prevent me from being able to do that neatly.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Coconut

• otaku4lyfe
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:10:38 »

Show Image

P8250079 by CPT BadAss, on Flickr

Be@rbrick helping me out in the lab. A proper Zealio review from me coming soon. Preview: I love the stock 65g Zealio and will be ordering those.

I love this photo anson <3
I can definitly see your personality and style shining thru this photo
colorful and fashionable

"a whole coconut is a strong coconut" -paicrai

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:13:12 »

To everyone asking for a cheaper USA shipping method: There's only Canada Post Tracked Packet USA (4-10 business days), and it costs a mere $1-2 less. Canada Post doesn't have the low prices you guys have in the states. Good thing is overnight shipping is well worth it, trust me. ;)

Zealios will be available for Mira, though I can't 100% guarantee that you'll be able to select your desired amount of switches (so it might just be a static drop down menu with 90/100 switches). There's some limitations in the back-end that may prevent me from being able to do that neatly.

I just went back and read that on the zealpc does overnight DHL in general. I've never ordered from zeal, so this is a first for me. Mea culpa.

Would it be more or less prudent to buy now and have it ship separately, or have it shipped to DrHubble along with gold stabs/etc, especially for those who want full assembly (which isn't me, but I'm sure it's going to come up)...
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:15:44 »

I just went back and read that on the zealpc does overnight DHL in general. I've never ordered from zeal, so this is a first for me. Mea culpa.

Would it be more or less prudent to buy now and have it ship separately, or have it shipped to DrHubble along with gold stabs/etc, especially for those who want full assembly (which isn't me, but I'm sure it's going to come up)...

I'd say for buyers that want a head start with lubing their switches, then they should have the switches shipped separately. If your only plan is to drop 90 switches into the Mira, then you can wait for the Mira GB form.

Would a US proxy be cheaper? Not sure how DHL Express scales, but packages under 13 oz can be sent via First Class for like $3. Priority Mail under 1lb will be $6 or less. I'm guessing the majority of buyers will be from the US, so it could be worth looking into.

Call it silly if you will, but as this is the first community developed switch, I'd like to make each package a bit more personal ;) Plus, I wouldn't want to have another person have to sort through and pack all the USA switches. I also have my own QC in place, but wouldn't be able to watch over the proxy's. If a product is shipping out with my Vendor name on it, I'd like to be able to control it to the best I can. Hopefully you can understand from my point of view.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:20:13 by Zeal »

Offline ika

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:38:13 »
Call it silly if you will, but as this is the first community developed switch, I'd like to make each package a bit more personal ;) Plus, I wouldn't want to have another person have to sort through and pack all the USA switches. I also have my own QC in place, but wouldn't be able to watch over the proxy's. If a product is shipping out with my Vendor name on it, I'd like to be able to control it to the best I can. Hopefully you can understand from my point of view.

Completely understand, and I don't fault you at all for that decision. I guess this is a little different from most GBs, being a brand new product as well as a vendor product.

Any word on what these switches will cost after the GB is over and you stock them in your store?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:48:21 »

Completely understand, and I don't fault you at all for that decision. I guess this is a little different from most GBs, being a brand new product as well as a vendor product.

Any word on what these switches will cost after the GB is over and you stock them in your store?

That price will depend on how many are ordered, and how many extras I'll have to / will be purchasing.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 22:50:58 »

Call it silly if you will, but as this is the first community developed switch, I'd like to make each package a bit more personal ;)

:O !!

That's honorable. I'm doing the same, though I may wait anyway and do the Mira bundle.

I *should* be doing the same as well, but I'm impatient and want my switches sooner than later. I also plan to sell my leftover stock MX clears to recover some of the cost from the extras I ordered  :)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 23:37:46 »
My PayPal balance got blitzed. :(

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 00:54:18 »
I need more review to determine to buy 65g or 67g variant.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 01:24:02 »
This is really tempting, but 0,75$ per switch is rough.

Well I doubt this will be the last round, so I will probably buy some in the future  :thumb:

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 02:16:58 »
Easier to take off keycaps and smoother than mx clear? That's great! I may order 110?

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 02:23:28 »
Damn... I cant decide guys... I'm a fan of linear switches but the hype for those 62g purple....  :-X
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:06:41 »
This is really tempting, but 0,75$ per switch is rough.

Well I doubt this will be the last round, so I will probably buy some in the future  :thumb:
Well, considering MX Clears + Clear tops + customs springs already cost more than the switch before shipping, I'd say the pricing is quite reasonable when you consider the added bonuses. :)

Easier to take off keycaps and smoother than mx clear? That's great! I may order 110?
Correct. No tight stem like MX Clears, and smoother too. Yes, you can order 110! If you prefer safe & tracked shipping to China, I'd suggest DHL shipping option.

Damn... I cant decide guys... I'm a fan of linear switches but the hype for those 62g purple....  :-X

Linears are great too. I think the hype is around the 65g/67g tactile purple switches atm. :P
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:18:39 by Zeal »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:15:19 »
Is there room for a 2x3x4 LED inside these switches?  There is in a Cherry switch but that wouldn't let the glow out :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:17:27 »
Is there room for a 2x3x4 LED inside these switches?  There is in a Cherry switch but that wouldn't let the glow out :))

Yep. The RGB LED gifs in OP were 2x3x4mm. :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:28:06 »

Yep. The RGB LED gifs in OP were 2x3x4mm. :)

Damn, guess I'll have to order some!  I was going to handwire a 60% and have some LEDs under it (acrylic plate) but I ran out of room so ordered a PCB to just make it work without the glow, but if the LEDs were in the switch it would be even better than my original plan. But I'll need a different PCB with backlight support!

Going to have enough parts for at least two full boards while still not having even made one :-[
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:34:37 »
i'll be putting an order in for some sweet zergoclearios
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline andysun

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:53:09 »
When the thread is full of americans complaining about shipping, and tracked shipping to EU is 30$

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:55:54 by andysun »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 04:34:22 »
When the thread is full of americans complaining about shipping, and tracked shipping to EU is 30$

Show Image

oh **** I choked on my coffee laughing haha perfect gif,....I know I just need to suck it up.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 06:40:13 »
If I liked MX Browns and MX Clears, but sometimes found clears a little too heavy, and browns a little too light, which of these if any would be in between these two? 

62g or 65g. 62g would be closer to browns, and 65g closer to Clears in tactile feel.

Sometimes, though, a smoother switch feels "lighter" so that's something to consider. I would probably lean towards the 65g.

Thanks for the advice  :thumb:

Offline krbuck

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:16:57 »
I just ordered 100. I was hoping to build a JD45 board, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

What to do... what to do....? :-\

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline Dee1

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:20:25 »
I think I will be getting a bunch of the 62g's. :)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:51:45 »
I just ordered 100. I was hoping to build a JD45 board, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

What to do... what to do....? :-\

Twiddle your thumbs in excitement!

Thanks for supporting the buy. :)

Offline donpark

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:52:47 »

Show Image

and i'm here with my $45 shipping. lol. :))

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:55:35 »

Show Image

and i'm here with my $45 shipping. lol. :))

If you can PM me your postal code, city & country, I would be able to get a more accurate DHL quote. I've covered NA & EU shipping quotes, but only a few Asian countries.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:57:28 »
In for 200 switches total! 90 of the 65g tactile and 110 of the 67g tactile!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:21:07 »

If we got over-excited and already ordered a bunch of switches with the intention of putting them in the Mira, will you perhaps have the option to combine shipping with the Mira order once it goes live on your site?
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:27:39 »

If we got over-excited and already ordered a bunch of switches with the intention of putting them in the Mira, will you perhaps have the option to combine shipping with the Mira order once it goes live on your site?

Send me a PM when it goes live with your order number. I'll have the switches shipped to Hubble for when he packs the Mira boards and adjust shipping.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:47:44 »
You rock Zeal - many many thanks!  :)  :-*
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:49:21 »
I'm in for some 67g tactile :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 13:05:04 »

Show Image

It's only $10 shipped for me. **** the tracking.

Also, 75c per switch isn't that much. Bearing in mind the amount of customization that is involved. Custom weights, custom stem colour, clear housing, gold springs.

So you would have to buy a set of gaterons, a set of clears, a set of gold plated springs, and shipping for all three of those things, to get one of these switches. Without the kick-ass purple stems.

It's a good deal.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 13:43:40 »

Show Image

Also, 75c per switch isn't that much. Bearing in mind the amount of customization that is involved. Custom weights, custom stem colour, clear housing, gold springs.

So you would have to buy a set of gaterons, a set of clears, a set of gold plated springs, and shipping for all three of those things, to get one of these switches. Without the kick-ass purple stems.

It's a good deal.

I literally have 100 gateron clears, 100 clear switch tops, 65 and 62 gold springs from sprit..... but those purple stems!

As someone who enjoys linear, but has never tried ergo clears, I'm very tempted to order some 65g purples from zeal...
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline Johan

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:04:49 »
Bit strapped on cash atm, will there be future buys of this or only via your future stock? and if the later how much of a price increase can i expect?
Uh, stuff.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:19:05 »
Bit strapped on cash atm, will there be future buys of this or only via your future stock? and if the later how much of a price increase can i expect?

No timeline has been set for a future buy yet. Price increase at retail will depend on how many extras I'll be ordering.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:42:17 »

Show Image

It's a good deal.
I have seen Gateron clear tops but not the bottom. This is a great deal honestly.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:46:51 »

Show Image

It's a good deal.
I have seen Gateron clear tops but not the bottom. This is a great deal honestly.

Gateron Clear bottoms were a new mould I purchased and had made. They'll exclusively be used for the "Zealio" line of switches.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:48:41 »

Show Image

It's a good deal.

Gateron Clear bottoms were a new mould I purchased and had made. They'll exclusively be used for the "Zealio" line of switches.
See these are the new alpha switches everyone. Great work Zeal I'm glad you're doing something really special for the community. :thumb:

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:00:30 »
$15 shipping is my only option :(   Not like I live in the boonies, I'm in Little Rock.

Ouch. May be a deal killer

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:41:25 »
So....I just took this picture. Pretty scary. Look at how rough the Cherry MX Brown stem is...

Enlarge and view full size at your own risk.

Purple Zealio (factory lubed) vs new Cherry Brown (no factory lube)

Purple Zealio (purposely wiped off factory lube) vs new Cherry Brown (no factory lube)

Yup.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:50:16 by Zeal »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:43:05 »
So....I just took this picture. Pretty scary.
What's scary? The difference in the size of the tactile indent?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:43:50 »
So....I just took this picture. Pretty scary.
What's scary? The difference in the size of the tactile indent?

No. Look at the roughness of the legs pm the MX Brown :x