Author Topic: [MechSupply] UKKeycaps K-Series Rad-Away Keyset (Produced by Devlin)  (Read 50989 times)

Offline UKKeycaps

• UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
PURCHASE HERE

To accompany the first every Q-Series keyset (Skidata) is this K-Series Planck Keyset group-buy

K-Series is a profile never reliably available to the community before. Produced for UKKeycaps/MechSupply by Devlin in the UK! Thick, high quality keycaps. This is not a group-buy you're gonna want to miss.

Read more on the product page by following the link above.

Offline PCG

• keyboard enthusiast
Re: [MechSupply] UKKeycaps K-Series Rad-Away Keyset (Produced by Devlin)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 20:12:24 »
Purchased! :)

<- all hail the new vegas strip!

Offline kalrand

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 22:09:35 »
Brexit makes this so much cheaper for us Americans!
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline LogicLoop

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 01:43:51 »
Brexit makes this so much cheaper for us Americans!

Grrr... and it makes it more expensive for us to buy from the States. That said, I've bought a set of these. Looking forward to them.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 08:59:10 »
Good job!

Hope Devlin can provide full-sculptured spec one day, the market needs more runners.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 06:06:21 »
Good job!

Hope Devlin can provide full-sculptured spec one day, the market needs more runners.

Or at least a standard 6.25U sized spacebar, that will seriously give the big boys a run for the money.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 10:00:49 »
Wish it was a full set rather than a Planck set.  I really want to support it... but I dislike my planck.

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:11:07 »
Depending on my pay, should be able to pick these up. They look nice :D

Offline dyoungc

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 12:50:57 »
I posted my question in the Q-series thread instead of this one..

I know the Q-series is shorter and flatter than DSA caps.
How about K-series and SA? Aside from wall thickness, is there a difference b/w the two profiles?

Offline slot demon

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 15:17:51 »
And bought, thanks for doing this groupbuy.

Offline dante

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 19:00:27 »
Quote from: UKKeycaps
Skidata & Rad-Away Group-Buy Update
Thank you all for making the first Devlin keyset group-buys a success!

Before giving an update on the status of the group-buy I first would like to offer my apologies for the lack of communication over the last 3 weeks, The Christmas and New Year break was a turbulent time for the future of UKKeycaps and MechSupply and the business is now starting to recover.

Unfortunately, due to these internal pressures and external delays (Devlin & Signature Plastics) the estimated shipping date has been delayed by 6 weeks to the 21st of February. This shipping date is an estimate and is not guaranteed (such is the nature of group-buys!) and I offer my apologies for this delay.

Additionally Devlin has let me know of some issues during the manufacturer of the keycaps to the original design, unfortunately after the order was placed. The K-Series Rad-Away Planck keyset will NOT have homing bumps, according to Devlin this is due to a lack of tooling, simply meaning they do not have the mould to create these keys. The keyset will be supplied in full, however the F and J key will not have homing bumps.

Devlin have also informed me that they do not have the moulds for 2.25u and 2.75u keycaps in Q-Series, and instead these keycaps will be produced in QS-Series for the Skidata set. QS-Series is essentially Q-Series but with a slightly profiled bottom edge. Therefore this change will make only a slight visual change to the keyset and no functional change. An image of the two profiles is shown below - the QS key is on the left and in use the raised profiled edge is on the bottom of the keycap. Please note the Q-Series Skidata set WILL have homing bumps.

Taking into account these changes and the delay, if any customer would like a full refund you can reply to this email requesting so. You can also do so via the contact form on the website at anytime. Apologies again for any inconvinience.

Offline ibakey

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 04:28:58 »
Hi U.K. keycaps.

Will you guys ever hold another group buy for this rad away series?
I'm sure with the influx of planck sets incoming, this will be very much in demand.