Author Topic: No one here had/has the OpenOffice/Warmouse?  (Read 5301 times)

Offline TheSoundofTyping

No one here had/has the OpenOffice/Warmouse?
« on: Tue, 31 August 2010, 09:34:38 »
With my average searching skills I didn't find any entries about anyone here actually having or using one.  Sup with that?  Are they just that bad?  :( I love the idea of such a ridiculous mouse!
"To my loyal butler, You There, for his decades of service, I leave a pittance, to be paid in twenty equal installments of one-twentieth of a pittance each."

Offline TheSoundofTyping

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 August 2010, 10:14:39 »
I shake my fist at that image's gross inaccuracy of kangaroos lying around in built-up areas within Australia.
"To my loyal butler, You There, for his decades of service, I leave a pittance, to be paid in twenty equal installments of one-twentieth of a pittance each."

Offline apex

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 00:12:38 »
Personally, i think it's crap. If i ever wanted that many programmable keys, I'd start off with my keyboard.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/warmouse_meta/

Personally....

Offline gun_sl1nger

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 00:42:17 »
Half the Americans I met last year talked like Ignoramuses

**snap**
HHKB P2 Charcoal/Black
HHKB P2 White
Deck 82 \'Fire\'
Topre Realforce 87u Black
GHSS (Its in the mail)!

Offline Rusty Rat

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 01:48:36 »
Quote from: ripster;218532
Half the Australians I met "down under" two years ago talked like kangaroos.

They probably were kangaroos. Aussies are too smart to speak to Americans because we speak normal English and there is a shortage of interpreters. We talk to Canadians because they are OK people, speak English and considering their terrible neighbours still retain a sense of humour.

Offline gun_sl1nger

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 18:38:06 »
Quote from: ripster;218799
The New Zealanders accused me of speaking like Mr. Ed.
Show Image

Of course Americans can't really tell the difference.

That is one of the funniest shows.
HHKB P2 Charcoal/Black
HHKB P2 White
Deck 82 \'Fire\'
Topre Realforce 87u Black
GHSS (Its in the mail)!

Offline TheSoundofTyping

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 21:15:37 »
The New Zealand accent is one of the strangest, weird, simply unexplainable things I've ever experienced.  Every English accent has some sort of basis, and generally conforms to the same pronunciation - except theirs.  "Fush" instead of "fish", "chups" instead of "chips".  Nobody else on earth gets it that wrong.

In on-topic news, I plan to order the Warmouse when it becomes available again, unless they haven't fixed the production issues.  Why?  Because I can! *raspberries*

Offline Irie

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 04 September 2010, 07:42:00 »
aww, look! its a ferengi warship with makro-buttons it! aint that neat!

if its anything like that, i wannit!

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 05 September 2010, 02:33:58 »
Quote from: ripster;219041
Warmouse!  Hope it works out.
Show Image

My son has a signed copy of this.  Brian Jacques is even more awesome in person.

Ripster, forging one off the internet doesn't count:
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline Morning Song

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 September 2010, 02:58:13 »
As a lover of 122 key terminal keyboards, i'm going to say that's a bit excessive.
Clicky keyboards and big trackballs forever!

Keyboards:
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M 1391401, Unicomp Customizer 104, PS/2 modded IBM Model F Terminal 6110668 (current favorite)
Cherry: Filco Majestouch 105 Blue NKRO w/ doubleshots
ALPS: Dell AT101W Black SNAFU (Silent No-longer; All Fukka\'d Up), Siig Minitouch KB1948 Geek Hack Spacesaver edition, Focus FK-2001 w/ WinKeys+XM Alps
Rubber Dome: Belkin F8E887-BLK, Silitek SK-6000, Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard

Works in Progress:
Prism ATX N9 Keyboard w/ Fukkas (Clickleaf Donor), Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2/02 Brown NKRO, Cherry G81-7000HPCUS-2/02 (Doubleshot donors), Unicomp Customizer 101 (Springs donor, needs boltmod)

Pointing Devices:
Kensington Expert Mouse 7, Wacom Intuos3 6x8 w/ classic pen

Looking to buy/trade for:Dolch Cherry keycaps, Northgate Omnikey (With Fkeys on top, or both top & left), IBM Model F AT

Offline J888www

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 September 2010, 03:25:06 »
Quote from: gun_sl1nger;218740
...like Ignoramuses
Sad to see how Latin have deviated/changed through time. When I was a lad, it was taught that the plural Latin noun was Ignorami.
Soon all the mice will become mouses, wonder why houses were not called hice, such a complicated World.

Quote from: apex;218737
If i ever wanted that many programmable keys....
Personally....
I have the same feeling for such large amount of buttons, I can never adapt to remember the usage past the third button.

In regard to those down-under, it was noted that NZers were descendants of Royalty, her Regal Majesty Queen E II also say things like "Fush & Chups", all proper Engrish, unlike the Otherstralians who are of the stock to the likes of Ned Kelly.

Oooops, did I just break a Rule ?  Not quite sure, not know what, memory fades and a tendency to be forgetful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2010, 03:48:35 by J888www »
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline Rusty Rat

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 07 September 2010, 04:03:51 »
Quote from: J888www;220655
In regard to those down-under, it was noted that NZers were descendants of Royalty, her Regal Majesty Queen E II also say things like "Fush & Chups", all proper Engrish, unlike the Otherstralians who are of the stock to the likes of Ned Kelly.

Oooops, did I just break a Rule ?  Not quite sure, not know what, memory fades and a tendency to be forgetful.

Nah, the SoundofTyping obviously hasn't travelled much to hear the great variations of English spoken in the Mother Country. The Kiwi accent had a lot of input from the Dutch settlers. Aussies are easy to understand because they speak proper English and few people have the Paul Hogan 'movie' style portrayals of 'straylanism'.

Offline Irie

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 05:18:38 »
is the undertitle in this pic contradictory or am i just not getting the point?

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 13:28:41 »
Well, while the Warmouse is not my cup of tea, I suppose it could be very useful to people who only have one hand, and thus can't use the keyboard for keyboard shortcuts while leaving their other hand on the mouse.

For two-handed people... how about a less confusing mouse that just has three extra keys on it... shift, control, and alt. Plugs into a special keyboard - and you can do your keyboard shortcuts conveniently with the other hand without having to remember which mouse keys they're assigned to.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 22:24:04 »
Quote from: quadibloc;220980
Well, while the Warmouse is not my cup of tea, I suppose it could be very useful to people who only have one hand, and thus can't use the keyboard for keyboard shortcuts while leaving their other hand on the mouse.

For two-handed people... how about a less confusing mouse that just has three extra keys on it... shift, control, and alt. Plugs into a special keyboard - and you can do your keyboard shortcuts conveniently with the other hand without having to remember which mouse keys they're assigned to.

I think a trackpoint would be better with someone only having one hand: then they wouldn't have to travel much at all.

And a mouse plastered with many buttons can only do so much... if it's being used in office, well, that inevitably means there will be typing involved.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 22:55:02 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;221121
I think a trackpoint would be better with someone only having one hand: then they wouldn't have to travel much at all.

And a mouse plastered with many buttons can only do so much... if it's being used in office, well, that inevitably means there will be typing involved.
Trackpoints are the best. Screw that gaudy, ostentatious, overdone, overwrought, showy, and yes, vulgar, mouse.  Thus endith the synonyms of garish lesson. A webwit image that potrays my joyful rainbow of trackpoint enthusiasm .  Man it's not even Friday and I'm all goofy & giddy already.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 September 2010, 22:57:37 by TexasFlood »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 23:11:35 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;221125
Trackpoints are the best. Screw that gaudy, ostentatious, overdone, overwrought, showy, and yes, vulgar, mouse.  Thus endith the synonyms of garish lesson. A webwit image that potrays my joyful rainbow of trackpoint enthusiasm .  Man it's not even Friday and I'm all goofy & giddy already.
Show Image

Those are nice trackpoints.... but I wouldn't buy that many. A pack of five trackpoints from lenovo is like $20.

Let's ask Mr. Chong, the lenovo CEO:

"well you see, there is much resources needed to produce the rubber trackpoints. Lenovo is losing money due to our horrible management and quality decline, so, paying $20 for a pack of five trackpoints is very cheap."

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 05:19:36 »
Probably losing less money than IBM's PC division did.