Author Topic: magic trackpad vs slimblade trackball  (Read 4680 times)

Offline sec908

magic trackpad vs slimblade trackball
« on: Sat, 18 September 2010, 00:49:05 »
Hi!, I'm mac and the mouses have this error -> http://tinyurl.com/2vqq9xw

I don't play on mac, and I'm thinking in buy a trackball or a trackpad.

What is the best? I have tested with marble (logitech) and my hand was not very comfortable. I like use my computer (browsing) as quickly as possible.

I'm thinking in Kensington Slimblade Trackball or Apple Magic Trackpad.

What do you think?

Thx!

Offline sec908

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 September 2010, 01:01:08 »
Quote from: ripster;224363
If you didn't like the Logitech Marble you're probably not going to like the Kensington Trackballs.  However, if you like your laptops trackpad you'll love the Apple Magic pad.

I do not like the ergonomics marble but if I use a trackball like.

About the bug in apple, is possible fix this? With a trackball or trackpad the bug exist?
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 September 2010, 01:06:47 by sec908 »

Offline In Stereo!

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 September 2010, 01:33:10 »
A modern trackball uses the same interface as modern mice. For the Apple trackpad I'm not sure, but I don't see any reasons why the OS should treat a trackball differently compared to a regular computer mouse.

Offline shrap

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 September 2010, 12:59:07 »
Quote from: In Stereo!;224368
A modern trackball uses the same interface as modern mice. For the Apple trackpad I'm not sure, but I don't see any reasons why the OS should treat a trackball differently compared to a regular computer mouse.

If you don't have a Mac, there's less to recommend about the Magic Trackpad - most of the advanced gestures won't work, and even the normal things like scrolling are a bit "off". I assume this is because even though the the Magic Trackpad will work like a normal (Windows) mouse, its advantages are in the additional Mac-specific extensions that Apple can build into OSX that makes it shine.

This is my experience when I run Windows 7 on a Macbook and it's trackpad. The Windows trackpads I've used on laptops (Dell, Lenovo) are simply horrible to use and are nowhere close to the Mac + trackpad combo, even with their proprietary drivers installed.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 September 2010, 14:57:22 »
The slimblade is a great trackball.  Apple's current trackpads are probably the best trackpads ever (with all the gestures).  Only you can decide what you'd like better.