Author Topic: mouse bungee  (Read 7040 times)

Offline bkforyou

mouse bungee
« on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 17:24:16 »
I hope I'm posting in a relevant thread =|

Been looking to pick up a mouse bungee lately and I don't see a huge market for them. I mostly see them being sold on Ebay for $15-20 or so. Apparently, Razer was supposed to make them couple years back, but that seems to be dead in the water.

Does anyone here have experience with them and can provide a recommendation?

Offline Arc'xer

mouse bungee
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 June 2011, 20:34:14 »
Unfortunately Razer hasn't said much on the bungee of their own. Hopefully if they do release it, it's worth it's cost because paying extra just for branding is ****ing bull****. In reality the bungee was never meant for gaming, strictly an office thing but many people saw benefits from them due to cable management in that it feels like playing with a wireless mouse.

It seems to be popular with high-medium sens players. Problem is I never seen nor read of much low-sens users and I wonder if the bungee can even handle it because it seems like it could be toppled with low-enough sense. Hopefully razer doesn't screw up and does something to it's own bungee to make it worth the extra they will charge for(larger heavier base, heavier weight, better quality etc.etc.).

Unfortunately you seem to have answered your own question; ebay and if your lucky someone is selling (NIB)bungees considering some products are sold in that way(If I'm not mistaken the original bungee guys had an ebay storefront and there might be a few unopened ones floating around). Though I do know there's quite a few bungee clones around like the rantopad bungee as well as others

Offline Bilbin

mouse bungee
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 00:51:50 »
I have a mouse bungee that I picked up off ebay for $15 and I'm 54cm for a 360, I don't have the spring bend at all when I move it and it's stuck to the desk with 3 pieces of blu-tack so it doesn't fall over.
I've seen some SC2 players use it like Ace and have never really heard of anyone use a mouse bungee with a low sens, though I have heard of someone taping the cord along there arm who was a low sens user.

As you can see the cord still touches the pad but only a little bit, sorry for the bad quality picture.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2011, 00:54:17 by Bilbin »
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Weapon

mouse bungee
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 12:09:23 »
Home made mouse bungee =)

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2011, 12:14:02 by Weapon »

Offline guilleguillaume

mouse bungee
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 12:55:37 »
Quote from: Bilbin;369278
I have a mouse bungee that I picked up off ebay for $15 and I'm 54cm for a 360, I don't have the spring bend at all when I move it and it's stuck to the desk with 3 pieces of blu-tack so it doesn't fall over.
I've seen some SC2 players use it like Ace and have never really heard of anyone use a mouse bungee with a low sens, though I have heard of someone taping the cord along there arm who was a low sens user.

As you can see the cord still touches the pad but only a little bit, sorry for the bad quality picture.

I'm a low sensitivity user too and I have to put the cord the same way as you. I left behind the ultra low-sense but well I'm using the Qpad HeatoN XL enterely.

The main problem is that sometimes I make a fast movement and the Mouse Bungee is moved away, I think I will find better feet for it.

Offline speakeasy

mouse bungee
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 14:19:03 »
this thing is probably an overpriced disaster, but the marketing for it is more hilarious than noppoo's

[video=youtube;D-kq6xCdQjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-kq6xCdQjM[/video]
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline leotnnz

mouse bungee
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 14:34:59 »
the bungees i know are from razer, steelseries, apuri, hotwire and some clones. razer suppose to put new one in  the market, but considering the uncertain release date and the ridiculous "brand value" i would keep away from it. razer also has armadillo 2 in the market. you may find ss mouse bungee on ebay, but if you know some guys in mechanical shop, you may make one by yourself which is not so hard and i know one of my friend get a clone one. roccat apuri looks cool and comes with a 4-port usb hub, but just as speakeasy said, it is an overpriced disaster.

hotwire( or hotline named on ebay) is a chinese brand which is easy to get on ebay that Bilbin shows. also qtan is making group buy now, and you may get one depending on if you would like to order any other stuff to save the shipping cost. on taobao, you could find some clones of ss and razer's bungees also but shipping is still a harsh.

anyway, if you wanna find one in the market, hotwire's might be the budget one unless you could make one.

Offline Raedyn

mouse bungee
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 17:20:55 »
I use the Razer Armadillo. I don't use it because I'm some badass gamer, but because I frayed the braided cord of my previous mouse from the friction against the edge of my desk/keyboard tray. Was there a cheaper fix to my problem? Absolutely, I could have taped the cord down, but for me - this is a nice, elegant solution.

Offline Bilbin

mouse bungee
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 June 2011, 21:05:18 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;369502

The main problem is that sometimes I make a fast movement and the Mouse Bungee is moved away, I think I will find better feet for it.

Stick it on the desk with some blu-tack, doesn't move at all :)
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent