Author Topic: CST L-tracx2545-5wx-rc smoothness problem  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Uberperson

CST L-tracx2545-5wx-rc smoothness problem
« on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 14:26:22 »
Hey guys,

I am new to the forums as well as trackball mice in general. Just ordered one of these bad boys, but i am appearing to have problems with the trackball itself. When i try to move it very slowly in any direction from rest it seems to have a slight stick before it gets going. I can sort of feel it catching lightly. I cleaned the metal bearing inside with alcohol and have even tried loosening and tightening the cover, but can't seem to find a solution. Only had it for 1 day so far btw.

Thanks for any insights and help

-Uberperson

Edit: Also if i move it to the left too fast it becomes unseated momentarily.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 July 2011, 15:18:35 »
Quote from: Uberperson;371426
Hey guys,

Edit: Also if i move it to the left too fast it becomes unseated momentarily.

This seems to happen if you grab the ball from near the edge of the hole. It happened to me the first few days I used it, but I learned to use the top two-thirds of the ball when tracking. Now the only problem I have with the CST trackball is the unergonomic angle it makes your hand rest at. Hopefully they come out with a wrist rest sometime.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline Uberperson

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 July 2011, 13:50:55 »
ok, so i picked up some dry lube with PTFE in it(to avoid damaging the plastic mounts) and it is now MUCH smoother. I believe I may have removed the factory lube when cleaning it like an idiot.

Problem solved.