Author Topic: Omron or Cherry for a mouse switch?  (Read 7480 times)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
Omron or Cherry for a mouse switch?
« on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 02:29:13 »
Seems like Omron and Cherry have some of the same models but just different brands. Can anyone state the differences in the two companies? Do they feel any different?
SmallFry! <3

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Re: Omron or Cherry for a mouse switch?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 02:50:26 »
If I had to guess, if the models are identical, and they look identical, it's quite possible that the Omrons are just rebranded Cherry boards.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline xcelerate

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 18:08:11 »
Seems like Omron and Cherry have some of the same models but just different brands. Can anyone state the differences in the two companies? Do they feel any different?

Never tried cherry switches myself, but i did read up on them a bit (as well as other Omron models) prior to purchasing, imo i would go with high level gaming tried and tested, (as i mentioned in the previous mouse thread) you can't go wrong with these :)

Omron D2F-01F:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/D2F-01F/SW502-ND/83266

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 18:21:48 »

Never tried cherry switches myself, but i did read up on them a bit (as well as other Omron models) prior to purchasing, imo i would go with high level gaming tried and tested, (as i mentioned in the previous mouse thread) you can't go wrong with these :)

Omron D2F-01F:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/D2F-01F/SW502-ND/83266

Those were the ones I was comparing. They have the identical part number but it seems that Omron is cheaper and easier to acquire.
SmallFry! <3